Wapitidung 01-Jan-16
writer 03-Jan-16
ki-ke 03-Jan-16
Jasper 06-Jan-16
Dan Mallia 08-Jan-16
Hawkeye 08-Jan-16
mikesohm/magnus 08-Jan-16
26-Dec-15
My son wants to try them this year. Anyone have a review? Anybody shot one in the body with one? Thanks!

26-Dec-15
They suck! Get the Bullheads instead.

The guillotines do not fly well at all. The Bullheads fly well out to at least 30 yards. (I never checked them past that)

Also, with either head, only try for shots in the head/neck area.

26-Dec-15
Throw them into the closest deepest lake to your house... Horrible results years ago... Bullheads seam to be much better.

27-Dec-15
I've been using GG's for 6-7 years now. It's not easy to get them to fly but once you do they are very effective. Mostly getting them to fly was getting the bow really super tuned. Once I got my bow to shoot bare shaft and fletched (I use FOB's) to the same impact at 20 yards I found that the GG's flew (Again with FOB's) just fine. I've taken two gobblers (Kansas) every year since using GG's with no lost birds and no tracking wounded birds.

28-Dec-15
Like Dave said... CAUTION- If you don't get longer arrows, the broadhead will hang up when you pull your bow back. If your are not careful you could dry fire and blow your bow up.

28-Dec-15
I do well with the Victory arrows, and Bullhead, though I had to get them fletched differently to fly well through a Whisker Biscuit.

All mentioned about needing proper clearance, and Magnus guarantee is accurate.

Last year, a boy I mentor used the smaller, 2" Bullhead on a longer version of his regular carbon hunting arrows and they flew very well. Lopped two birds the first day of youth season.

28-Dec-15
Gobbler Guillotines work great. Warranty is great as well. You need a longer and more than likely stiffer arrow for correct flight.

28-Dec-15

mark land's embedded Photo
Muzzy M.O.R.E.

28-Dec-15

28-Dec-15
In the instructions they tell you to use a full length arrow, but don't mention that a stiffer arrow is required. A test shot with one is an expensive trial. I could see how they would be effective but I ran out of patience (and money) to keep fiddling with them since there are no practice heads/blades.

Before I knew about the need for stiffer arrow, I shot a bird with one. My recurve was tuned perfectly for normal broadheads. The GG arrow spiraled wildly and hit the Tom in the 12 ring. He flew straight up in the air about 15 feet, landed, and walked over to peck at the arrow.

29-Dec-15
Dave, I'm not a pro staffer for anyone. Thanks for trying the insult though.

In answer to your question, yes they will replace the blades under warranty. If you had tried them you would know that.

29-Dec-15
Either one; touchy to tune, don't fly well in wind, can't be carried in a normal quiver, better be careful of clearance when shooting out of a blind window, and pretty much ruins success photos. ;-) Also you need to set up arrows just for turkeys. More hassles than they're worth.

29-Dec-15

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
The bullheads work very well and are fun to hunt with. I have taken birds with the guillotine and bullheads, and prefer the bullheads.

At the end of last year I purchased some Solid Broadhead Company DCaps and they are built like a tank. They seem to be the toughest of the bunch but haven't killed a bird with the D Cap yet.

In any case, you can kill them with fixed, mechanicals or head-hunters. I like the headhunters because I honestly feel my pin finds their head SO MUCH easier than the body but I still hunt with both.

Just make sure you shoot stiff arrows with adequate helical. Magnus sells a great arrow for that purpose.

Good luck and here are a couple bullheaded birds from last year :)

30-Dec-15
I'm glad you have once again found humor in your inaccuracies. If you so choose to actually use them, and send them in I'm sure they will replace them just as they have other customers, mine included. If you choose to continue using a different product I'm sure that is fine as well, but choosing to bash a product without facts doesn't reflect well on you.

01-Jan-16
Just order DCaps. Dudes are expensive but what the heck.

Wap

03-Jan-16
"pretty much ruins success photos"...not as much as unrecovered turkeys.

I arrowed three birds last year, the two with the Bullhead brought instant smiles. The one I shot with a huge expandable took a little looking and anxiety, despite knowing where the arrow hit.

That turkey also had some meat damage. The other two, did not.

They are, though, somewhat of a hassle compared to the other rig.

03-Jan-16
Eyad

That is a GREAT pic!

06-Jan-16
Thanks guys!

08-Jan-16
Bullheads. Hands down. The performance I'm getting when matched with the Victory "bullhead arrows" you can get from Magnus have made my turkey hunting setup a very efficient killing machine.

You can't beat the customer service from Mike and his folks as well. They've always taken care of me in regards to replacement of broken/damaged heads.

I hunt some spots that I absolutely need a clean miss or a clean kill and the bullheads deliver, as long as I do my part.

08-Jan-16
Thanks Steve :)

08-Jan-16

mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
Our bullheads like all of our broadheads have a lifetime replacement guarantee, all you need to do is email us a picture of the bent blade or broadhead and we will replace. Personally I believe as a bowhunter you are better off using a dcap broadhead than a broadhead for body shots, no meat damage and its Dead on Contact. Our bullheads come in 100 grain and 125 grain and they shoot great with our bullhead arrows. We are all about customer service. If you have any questions please email us at [email protected] or [email protected]

• Sitka Gear