sticksender 22-Dec-16
Mark Watkins 23-Dec-16
Heat 23-Dec-16
JDM 23-Dec-16
Drop tine 15-Jan-17
Drop tine 16-Jan-17
29-Dec-15
Guys,

The registrations for the 2016 Sheep Show are coming in by the boatloads and it looks like we'll be setting even more records every day, every night and at every event!.

Registrations are UP by a significant amount across the board, and registrations for the Life Member Breakfast are blowing the lights out! Last year 269 people attended the Life Member Breakfast. This year, with still three weeks to go, we're already at 355 people registered!

I attribute most of this huge jump to the amazing job Tom Foss did at the January, 2015 Sheep Show Life Member Breakfast when his keynote speech rocked the house, with people laughing then tearing up soon thereafter.

This year, Tom's son, Adam, will be the speaker and while Tom tells me he'll put his old man to shame, I think Adam will be a gas as he tries to one-up his amazing father.

If you haven't yet registered for the 2016 Sheep Show, now's the time!

30-Dec-15
I'll be there Wednesday to Sunday Kyle!

30-Dec-15
My wife and I will be there Thursday through Sunday. We went 2 years ago and she really enjoyed it. So guys bring your wives. Just don't let them know how much a sheep hunt really is.

30-Dec-15
I'll be there, Thursday-Sunday, I am not going to make every event, but I will be at the life member breakfast...

See you guys there

30-Dec-15
I will be there Thurs-Sat with my wife. Hope to meet and run into some of you. Tom lets make sure we have a beer at least, eh? Kip

30-Dec-15
First timer. Ill be there Thursday through Sunday with my wife.

30-Dec-15
I will be there.

30-Dec-15
Sounds good Kip!

30-Dec-15
Like Kyle has said we got the update last night on registrations and overall convention "stuff". Everything is up across the board. One thing that came up at our BOD meeting a few weeks ago was auction items. They have broken those records as far as total value of the auction items so there should be plenty to choose from for an interested buyer. A lot of people have put in a ton of energy towards making this a record breaking year.

On another note, I found that bringing my wife actually helped me when it came time to book a hunt. First Sheep Show we went to we hardly knew anyone. Over the years we have made a huge amount of what became lifelong friends. Now that is easy for me to say because I got involved with the organization(my wife says I live and breath wild sheep). My wife on the other hand has made a ton of friends that she may only see once or twice a year but looks forward to like we were going on a family vacation.

I look forward to meeting many of you there.

Jim

30-Dec-15
I'll be there and I'm bringing free beer for the <1 party!

Sandbrew

30-Dec-15
Sandbrew,

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

30-Dec-15
John,

That's awesome! Thank you!

But I hope you realize, the <1 Club people can drink a LOT of beer! ;^)

30-Dec-15
Yep, coming in Wednesday and have to leave Friday AM.

I was extremely impressed with all aspects of last year's WSF Show and am really looking forward to it.

Who is going to win the <1 Club hunt this year?!

Mark

30-Dec-15
Hopefully me Mark!! :-)

30-Dec-15
That's it. If Mark is coming, I am definitely going! I was on the fence before and Cory's appearance wasn't enough to make me jump. Mark did it!

30-Dec-15
Somebody is going to win . Might as well be someone from the Bowsite. One thing is for sure if your not there, it won't be you!

30-Dec-15
There will be THREE FREE sheep hunts given away at the <1 Club Party! THREE!!!!

Two of those hunts are "Must Be Present To Win." The other one does not require that you be present.

30-Dec-15
I wish I could come. Last year my name was drawn second for the "must be present to win" <1 drawing. Of course, I wasn't present

Maybe I'll be drawn first this year! :)

30-Dec-15

30-Dec-15
BPM,

What's that supposed to mean? ;^)

30-Dec-15

Rackmastr's Link
Wish I was going to make it down there, as this year I'm involved with a new project supporting wild sheep up here in BC. In cooperation with WSF, the BC Wildlife Federation and Wild Sheep Society of BC have teamed up to bring a couple cool auction items, including one at the Life Member Breakfast. Its a sturgeon fishing tournament called "The Jurassic Classic" and takes place in BC next August for a weekend of fishing, meals, awards banquet, poker night and some friendly competition along the way.

Should be good to bring 30 teams (of 2) together in BC with all funds raised to support wild sheep in BC. Anyone attending the Sheep Show will have a chance to bid on a team and come up and be a part of it. I'm hoping it becomes an annual thing.

Have fun down there for everyone going and keep an eye out on the auction items! :)

31-Dec-15
Those folks did drink us dry last year. I bumped the order of donated kegs up to 20 from 4! I hope that's enough. Sandbrew

31-Dec-15
Rackmastr, I saw that donation today, that looks like a great idea to raise some money for wild sheep. Chris B had told me about it a while ago. I think that is called thinking outside the box. Great job coming up with that one!

31-Dec-15
Jim,

Thanks, we think its a great project and should work well to help support different groups and keep working towards what we all want - supporting wild sheep.

I got your email from Chris and one of the guys on our committee will be in touch this week (most likely one of the guys that will be down in Reno so they can discuss meeting up with you down there)

Look forward to seeing a bunch of guys from all over the US and Canada at the event for sure!

02-Jan-16
I registered to be there for the first time! Can wait! I'm on a budget so driving down Thursday and leaving Sunday. Not a life member so no breakfast for me and not a <1 so no free hunts either, but I hope to meet a bunch of you guys!

02-Jan-16
I'll be there - can't wait!

02-Jan-16
Can't be there until Friday, bringing a couple <1's with me!

03-Jan-16
I'm coming in late Thursday thru Sunday.

Count me in for winning the <1 sheep hunt! ;) Sounds like a great time.

Looking forward to it!

03-Jan-16
Joining pizzaman this year along with my cousin . Looking forward to meeting some of the bowsiters in person and hopefully drinking some beer with some new friends . See y'all there!!

04-Jan-16
I'll be there. We should all meet up at the bar one evening.

04-Jan-16
I don't think Zack frequents bars. :)

04-Jan-16
What is "a bar" Rob?

Mark

04-Jan-16
Mark,

That would pretty much be where the banquets are held. Sheep hunters have been known to partake at times. ;^)

Or, as our CEO likes to say, "We're a drinking club with a sheep hunting problem."

04-Jan-16
Oh I'll be there.

It's going to be a great show!

04-Jan-16
No bars this year guys. Nothing but clean livin' for me in Reno. I'll see everyone for early morning smoothies and workouts!

05-Jan-16
What we need is a sheep hunt or two given away at a bar....

05-Jan-16
bliz6,

Actually we're giving away THREE free sheep hunts at the <1 Club Beer Party on Thursday Friday. For at least two of those, you must be present to win.

05-Jan-16
Kyle , Don't forget if a guy happens to be a Life member they need to be at the Life Member Breakfast because there is a Dall sheep someone present will win .

05-Jan-16
Jim,

For sure!

Plus, if you are a Summit Life Member, you'll get TWO tickets in the Dall sheep drawing. Life Members get one free ticket. Current Life Members can upgrade to the Summit level and then get the extra ticket in the Dall drawing.

Plus, Summit Life Members also get free admission to the Life Members Breakfast for LIFE!

06-Jan-16
Heads Up, fella's!

Jim and I and our CEO just had a teleconference on the Life Members' Breakfast. (Jim and I are co-chairs.)

Registrations for the breakfast are blowing the roof off and smashing all records. It looks like we'll be SOLD OUT!!

We have a few seats left, but registrations are still flowing in. Last year, we sold forty Life Memberships at the show itself! So buy your LMB tickets now while you still can!

Here's why:

1. Our Life Members and Summit Life Members are the heart and soul of WSF. It's hard to find a more committed or friendly group of people anywhere. Be part of that team!

2. All Life Members in attendance will get a FREE ticket for a drawing for a great Dall sheep hunt with Arctic Red River! Summit Life Members will get TWO free tickets for the Dall sheep drawing, PLUS a FREE ticket to the LMB for LIFE!

3. Then, as Jim put it, "The Son Also Rises." Adam Foss will be our guest speaker, following up on his Dad's talk from last year's LMB. Adam's the youngest person ever to take a FNAWS with a bow. He promises to follow Tom's talk by telling us, 'The rest of the story.' Should be fun!

06-Jan-16
Kyle, the <1 banquet is Friday not Thursday correct? I believe you mentioned Thursday in the above post.

Thanks,

DJ

07-Jan-16
My wife and I will be there Friday and Saturday. Wouldn't miss the LM breakfast.

07-Jan-16
Straight Shooter,

The <1 Club does not have a banquet. They have a Beer Bash before the FRIDAY night banquet. My error!

07-Jan-16
Its just a bunch of beer drinkers with a sheep hunting problem. ;-)

07-Jan-16
MadTrapper, sent you a pm. Look forward to seeing you and your wife.

08-Jan-16
Tom (Madtrapper)...I promise I won't let Jake put me up to anything this year.

08-Jan-16
Don't worry Cory - I will see you coming this time!

08-Jan-16
BUT...Your wife doesn't know me! ;)

08-Jan-16
Tom,

But he will be in sitka hanging out in the rocks.....never a chance you'll see him!:)

Mark

08-Jan-16
Mark...aren't you on vacation? Don't you have oil to rub on something?

08-Jan-16
Is this thread seriously degenerating, or is it just me? LOL!

08-Jan-16
Degnerating? THis is nothing. Just have a look at the "Pat in the NBA" thread...Now THAT thread is degenerated.

Kyle...What more can you expect from a bunch of Beer Hunters with Sheep drinking problem.

08-Jan-16
Cory,

I fully understand! lol

08-Jan-16
Just getting my liver in olympic shape for Reno!

Mark

11-Jan-16
Incredible new Sheep Show pre-registration numbers as of this morning:

Convention registrations, +29% vs 2015

Ladies Lunch, +59% vs 2015

Life Members Breakfast, +67% vs 2015

Saturday Night Banquet, +27% vs 2015

Ram Awards, +18% vs 2015

Friday Night Banquet, +24% vs 2015

Thursday Night Banquet, +16% vs 2015

<1 Club, +44% vs 2015

And remember, the 2015 Sheep Show set new records across the board, which makes this year's numbers even more impressive.

BE THERE!!

12-Jan-16
Will be there Thursday-Saturday and for Life member breakfast. Will be going to <1 club party to get "kicked out".

12-Jan-16
I have only attended one Sheep Show, 2015. However, after witnessing an incredible conservation machine (and at the same time meeting many that are as bow crazed about hunting wild places as much as myself)....I'm not surprised at the pre-reg numbers!

Congrats to Gray, the Board and the members!

As my late Father in Law used to say, "You are either green and growing or brown and dying and there is no in between!"

Mark

14-Jan-16
I will beat Kyle to the punch this time! The numbers continue to grow! In the next few days staff and volunteers will start arriving to set up for what is promising to be the best Sheep Show ever!

14-Jan-16
I am a relatively new WSF member and am considering becoming a Life Member, most likely during the show at some point. Who do I need to see or where to go at the convention to get that done?? Arriving Thursday Thanks, Kip

14-Jan-16
Glad to have you. Go to the membership booth and Nancy or one of the other Ladies will fix you right up. This year we will have directors at the booth throughout the convention. If you see one of us make sure to stop and introduce yourself. It is always good to put a face to a name. Hopefully I will see you there.

14-Jan-16
I will see you guys in about a week

14-Jan-16
wkochevar,

If you join as a Life Member, be sure to sign up for the Life Members Breakfast as well. It's a great event and you'll get a free ticket to a drawing for an Arctic Red River Dall Sheep hunt.

Sign up as a Summit Life Member and you'll get TWO free tickets for the drawing, plus, you'll get a free ticket to the Life Members Breakfast for LIFE!

For those of you who are already Life Members, if you upgrade to the Summit Life Member level, same thing. Two tickets in the drawing instead of one and free LMB registration for LIFE.

Must be at the breakfast to win!

14-Jan-16
Any update on the current pre reg numbers?

Mark

15-Jan-16
Mark , the last email I saw was yesterday. Up 32% over last year on pre-convention registrations. I do not recall what the numbers were exactly but all indications are it is going to be big.

18-Jan-16
Getting really close now!

18-Jan-16
Never ever think you can out drink Sandberg if your visiting him at his house.

I consider myself a world class beer drinker and at that elevation I was at best a school boy!

Enjoy your sheep show boys, it sounds like a boat load of fun!

18-Jan-16
Sandberg? Sounds like a heck of guy! You already been drinking Kelly? Sandbrew

18-Jan-16
Be my first time there. Will get in later Thru night, so maybe see you guys Friday

18-Jan-16
We unloaded the truck at the convention center this morning. The entire place looks GREAT!

We've moved the WSF merchandise 'store' out into the entry lobby so we could have more room inside the exhibit hall, the Silent Auction area has been expanded significantly and the Membership booth is now right inside the exhibit hall as you enter, rather than being in the center of the hall.

There's a Board meeting most of the day tomorrow, more set up and prep work Wednesday, then The Sheep Show's On!

See ya'll there and be sure to attend the 'Getting and Staying in Sheep Shape' seminar on Friday @ 12:00 or Saturday at 11:30.

And don't miss the Life Member's breakfast Saturday morning!

19-Jan-16
I'll be there Friday around noon. Can't wait to get out there. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the <1 drawings!! I've been wanting to go for several years, finally was able to make it work.

Kyle, has your sheep shape seminar changed much from what you posted here on bowsite after last years sheepshow?

19-Jan-16
Not a lot. A few new slides and some updated information. It's probably more fun, though, because it will be live.

24-Jan-16
A great show! Thanks to those who put this on, a ton of money was raised this week.

Great meeting several Bowsiters for the first time and even better catching up with others again. Bunch of great bowhunters in attendance for sure. Loved how approachable everyone was!

Couldn't imagine being one of the people drawn and not present for the drawings.

2018 can't get here soon enough!

24-Jan-16
$380,000 for the Arizona tag!

$305,000 for the Montana tag!

$165,000 for the California tag!

24-Jan-16
Congrats.....the 380K I would assume to be a new record price for any Desert Bighorn tag?

24-Jan-16
Greg,

I believe so. There must be a real toad out there for the permit to sell for that kind of money.

24-Jan-16
We've got a short post-convention board meeting this morning, so I'll start a Convention Wrap-Up thread later today after I get back.

24-Jan-16
I had a great time, Kyle it was nice to meet you and Joanne, thanks again for everything!

Great to meet Cory, Mark, Bill, and everyone else. Glad I was there to confirm my name wasn't called for any of the hunt drawings, can't believe how many names were called before someone was finally present to win!

24-Jan-16
Tom,

I'm delighted you could join us.

Sorry I didn't have more time to chat with you, but as I'm sure you noticed, in a room with that many folks, it's tough to carry on a conversation at the table unless the person you're talking with is sitting next to you.

25-Jan-16

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
I'm thinking this is the ram that the auction hunter has in mind. Picture from ADO Facebook page.

25-Jan-16
OMG!!! Are you kidding me?

25-Jan-16
wowza

25-Jan-16
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that might be a Photoshop job?

Is there anyone here who knows how to check?

22-Dec-16

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
Kyle, Is this picture photoshopped too? The ram was killed by the auction hunter with the $380,000 tag mentioned previously. May not score the highest but one of the most unique desert sheep ever. Kudos to Travis and Troy Scott, Jay Scott and Darr Colburn, and everyone else involved. Outstanding!

22-Dec-16
What a fantastic ram! I would love to hear how long he was.

23-Dec-16
Incredible to say the least!!!

Anyone have the story? Any more pics out there?

Mark

23-Dec-16
There is some info n Jay Scott's web page and also maybe some on the Arizona Desert Outfitters Facebook page. There ate also a few other live pics and maybe another kill photo or two. Apparently the hunter wishes to remain anonymous but that will come out, along with the measurements when Arizona Game and Fish releases their annual report. 13 years old, green scores in low 180s. Killed with bow and arrow!

23-Dec-16
I heard that there were other guys on him that passed him up to let the auction hunter harvest him. If true, I'm not sure I could have done that.

15-Jan-17
Is there a spot to check out the purchase price from the show? Is there a way to by raffle tickets online? I have never really looked at this show before but it popped up on my Facebook feed last night and I spent an hour going through the catalogue. Wow. Never did find a spot to buy raffle tickets.

16-Jan-17
ttt

• Sitka Gear