bullelk 02-Jan-16
Steve 03-Jan-16
Skippy 03-Jan-16
FullCryHounds 04-Jan-16
OFFHNTN 04-Jan-16
Steve 04-Jan-16
Mooses_Meadows 05-Jan-16
30-Dec-15
About to go on my first cougar hunt. I need new boots and am looking for recommendations... Thanks!!

30-Dec-15
I love my Cabelas Meindls

31-Dec-15
Schnees mountain boot series, pick which one fits your uses best. They got a great reputation for making boots. I got 4 different Schnees boots.

31-Dec-15
I know you can spend lots more $$$.....but I think Danner pronghorns are as good as I'll ever need.

Joe

31-Dec-15
Schnees hunter II. No break in time. 8 days of hunting and my boots were bone dry.

31-Dec-15
Chippewa. Take your pic. Awesome boot. Awesome warranty. Though some models are no longer made in the USA and warrantied as such. They used to have a lifetime warranty. Now it's something like 5 years no questions asked. After that $15 to replace. Sturdy. Strong. Your feet and ankles will thank you later. Don't over look them. God Bless

31-Dec-15
I highly recommend the Schnee's, especially if it's a snow hunt.

31-Dec-15
I love the Kenetrek Hardscrabble boots.

31-Dec-15
Much would depend on the conditions. My Colorado hunt was in the snow and I used Schnees pack boots. If further south then a more ridged boot would be best.

02-Jan-16
Listen to these guys and get pac boots; I wear the Schnees, too. Buy a spare set of insoles, and grease them well with good treatment, such as Montana Pitch Blend. You won't be sorry if you are in the snow for several days.

03-Jan-16
I am a houndsman and I wear Muck boots. They are light, warm and have high uppers so the snow stays out.

Steve

03-Jan-16
Steve, Which mucks?

04-Jan-16

FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
Josh, you'll be hunting with Josh and myself. Your boots will all depend on the country you are hunting. This is a picture of one of the ranches you'll be hunting. There is a lion bayed up towards the top of the picture. Around here, you want a boot with extremely good ankle support, typically a higher end boot like Kennetrek, Red Wings, Lowas, etc. They have to be waterproof and a good set of gators are a must.

04-Jan-16
I was also going to comment on getting a good set of gators is a must. Good luck!

04-Jan-16
Skippy,

Right now I have the Muck Masters. Although, I typically do not hunt as rugged terrain as FullCryHounds. If I was in that country often I would want a bit more ankle support, as he suggested.

Steve

05-Jan-16
Sweet! I will check out those boots. See you in a few weeks!

• Sitka Gear