Sage Buffalo 11-Jan-16
Canuck 12-Jan-16
Canuck 12-Jan-16
BIGHORN 14-Jan-16
Cornpone 15-Jan-16
BIGHORN 15-Jan-16
IdyllwildArcher 15-Jan-16
06-Jan-16
I'm thinking about a NF moose hunt in the fall. I hunted NF in 2014 and drove from the US, taking the Marine Atlantic ferry...all that was required as valid ID was my NY enhanced license. If I go this fall, I would drive to Toronto and fly from there to NF. Do I need additional ID due to the flight and, if so, what?

06-Jan-16
I go to Newfoundland every year and always have to show a passport to get onto flights in Canada.

06-Jan-16
You'll definitely need a passport to enter Canada as well as to re-enter the states on the way back.

08-Jan-16
Mule that's not true - had he just drove or by boat all you need is a EDL which he has.

However, to fly he would need a passport.

08-Jan-16
Yep... he asked about flying.

08-Jan-16
Interesting question, since you would be driving across the border with no international flight, Canadian authorities would be the ones I would ask.

08-Jan-16
Mule I thought you meant that but I was surprised to find out a while ago that EDL allowed you to cross. had no idea. Pretty cool.

09-Jan-16
Holy cow guys!!!! I am Canadian and have no axe to grind!!!

I an just a crazy bow hunter with no association with ANY Outfitter!

For the love of God, why would you ever go out of country without a Passport?????

We live to hunt AND invest so much money and effort in to it!!!

We never half ass the effort and preparation shooting wise!! Why would anyone ever consider taking a chance?????

09-Jan-16
The OP might be asking because he doesn't have a Passport. Unless I absolutely have to have a Passport to travel somewhere, I don't bring it. To me the cost of losing the Passport is pretty significant, and I'd just as soon leave it at home if I don't have to bring it.

09-Jan-16

Aubs8's Link
I once drive to Ottawa and then flew to NF as well...I would absolutely bring a passport...why take a chance? Please see a couple of links I posted in this earlier thread...

Mike

11-Jan-16
I have a question for you guys. How many big coolers (approximately 3' long by 15" wide) will be required to bring back the meat of a bull moose? I have three of them but I am wondering if I need more?

11-Jan-16
3 of those coolers will get you half a D boned moose IMO..when you see them there big, when you walk up on a died one they are absolutely gaint back straps are like football diameter and 6 feet long 2 would fill 1 of those coolers ..have fun on your trip MikeC

11-Jan-16
Bighorn if those are 120 qt coolers 3 should get a whole boned moose comfortably.

Here's a thread about this subject: http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread-print.cfm?threadid=366951&forum=5

12-Jan-16

Canuck's embedded Photo
Canuck's embedded Photo
Guys, our gang has taken 17 moose in 24 years of bowhunting moose. Pic below is a de-boned moose. It easily fit in two large fishing coolers WITH two blocks of ice in each cooler. Cooler external dimensions are 40 inches by 20 inches by 18 inches.

12-Jan-16
It is a definite mass of meat goodness though, isn't it???!!

14-Jan-16
My wife and I are driving from CO to Thompson, Manitoba and, if we harvest a bull, we will stay an extra night in Thompson to get the meat frozen before we head back to CO. My son and I harvested four caribou bulls in Manitoba over a year ago and did the same thing and the meat didn't have any problem. I just didn't know how many coolers to take along but you guys helped me out with your input. Thanks!!

15-Jan-16
I'll be applying for a passport...looks as though I'll need it to fly. In response to some of the latter posts regarding cooler space, I got a bull fall 2014 and just had the butcher quarter (bone in) plus backstraps, tenderloins and trim meat...I cut and wrapped at home. It fit nicely in two 150 qt. coolers.

15-Jan-16
Cornpone,

Thanks, that helps a lot!

15-Jan-16
I want to be that tarp.

• Sitka Gear