Db1 06-Jan-16
PAstringking 07-Jan-16
Medicinemann 07-Jan-16
PAstringking 07-Jan-16
Db1 07-Jan-16
Medicinemann 07-Jan-16
Mad Trapper 07-Jan-16
06-Jan-16
Ok guys.... I just confirmed my hunt on Greenland in Spring of 17'.

I wanted to start putting a gear list together... From boots to underwear. Temps will be -10 To -50

Let's hear it!!

Thanks guys Chris

06-Jan-16
Some outfitters rent pants and parka (I rented mine during my hunt). Sometimes is better that buying a very expensive gear that you won´t (in my case) be using frequently good boots, and gloves are keys.

06-Jan-16
No renting in Greenland to my knowledge. They have some extra clothes to borrow if your are not enough... but no rentals

06-Jan-16
X2 what Toby said. Your outfitter should have a required gear list and will know if gear can be rented.

I'm hunting in Southern Greenland this year, but during the summer months. It should be "warm" by Greenland standards. No frostbite required. Good luck on your hunt.

06-Jan-16
Baffin boots, Canada down parka and northern outfitters bib pants is what I used. Baffin boots were perfect and had good support. Northern outfitters boots didn't work for me. Jacket was great and having a good wool sweater or jacket under it that you can shoot in worked well. Have fun

07-Jan-16
Which model Baffin boots Db1??

07-Jan-16
If you do a search on Bowsite, you will find a lot of good suggestions as you prepare. You're going to have a great time!!!

How many times have you watched the video of Pat's Greenland Kuskox bowhunt so far?? LOL

07-Jan-16
Jake, I did do a search and a lot of the information is sporadic at best lol. I was hoping to have a thread with all the info in one place for future searchers...

Greenland is still a relatively new area and I believe the winter hunt will be a blast with small game hunting and ice fishing. The value is incredible.

07-Jan-16
Jake is right, his gear list and hunt recaps(muskox/polar bear) helped me prepare. Do a search. The boots I ended up using were the Baffin expedition. They were about $220 but they have cheaper ones that I'm sure will work. Mine worked great with light and heavy merino wool socks. I would offer you gear but I either left gear up there with guides or already gave it away to other hunters. Btw... Jakes pictures of shot placement are the best info to study. Spot on. Take the meat!

07-Jan-16
Chris,

PM sent.

Jake

07-Jan-16
Hope you don't have braces on your teeth and don't use a rubber tubing on your peep. Otherwise, just follow Jake's advice and you should be good to go.

• Sitka Gear