razorsharp 09-Jan-16
Topgun 30-06 09-Jan-16
razorsharp 10-Jan-16
PREZ 10-Jan-16
hagelmiester 31-Jan-16
Moben 31-Jan-16
wytex 12-May-16
09-Jan-16
Looking to do an archery pronghorn hunt in 2016. I have 4 points presently but I think I can possibly do an OTC with these guys and not burn my points? Am I right? I have zero knowledge about areas and want to avoid the orange army and/or driving around for days looking for a place to hunt. I will be coming from Oklahoma.

09-Jan-16
Are you looking to go outfitted?

09-Jan-16
There are no OTC tags in Wyoming and you didn't mention a unit you would hunt with that outfit. The only way to get a tag and not burn your points is to draw it as a second or third choice in the draw or as a leftover. A little more information would help get you more comments.

09-Jan-16
Like I said, I have zero knowledge about what areas to look at with 4 points. I have limited vacation time so I would like to avoid having to find a good location when I could be hunting. I guess I have enough time to do more research. Both outfitted and DIY are an option but DIY would be if I had a solid plan in place. This outfitter is 30 miles out of Glenrock to the North I believe. $1950 for three hunting days, meals and lodging provided as well as pick up and drop off at Casper.

This is from their webpage.."Don't worry about drawing the licenses! Due to the vast amounts of private land in our area licenses are undersubscribed and available over the counter! In fact a hunter in our area can even purchase a second trophy buck license!"

09-Jan-16
Yes. Normally wpf hunt areas with so much private land there are always left over tags. Been there 3 times. If uou worry about it uou can buy your tags when you book. There sre many areas in wyoming that never sell all tjeir tags.

09-Jan-16
I also don't want an area that is void of game after opening day due to all of the game being pushed onto private land.

09-Jan-16
Okay; now hearing your response it's obvious the outfitter is using OTC incorrectly and is describing leftover tags after the draw for the units he hunts. If there are leftover tags and you want to keep your PPs then get a leftover tag or tags for his area and buy another PP during the 7/1-10/31 PP application period so you have 5 for 2017.

10-Jan-16
Ok, makes sense. Thanks.

10-Jan-16
I wouldn't hesitate to book with Wyoming Professional Outfitters...you will see lots of goats and some great bucks. Great people, lodging and food...if you tag out early you can go buy another tag.

31-Jan-16
Went with them in 2015 and probably would not go again. Bo seemed like he would be Ok to hunt with but the guide he left us with wasn't. The cook had to go find him one morning and he was passed out in his truck, was highly upset with me for not shooting a 55 inch so, he moved me to a blind the next morning and never had a goat come in. Camp was a 5th wheel where the toilet leaked on the floor, nothing like stepping in water on the bathroom floor when it's dark. There where lots of goats around, I saw lots every day except the last when he moved me, my brother in law got one and my brother missed and I didn't want to shoot one smaller then I already got. Bo said he would make it right when he got done with the season but, haven't heard anything since end of September. If I hear from him and he makes things right with us I will repost because, like I said there were plenty of goats and I think Bo would be Ok but, what we were left with was very unprofessional.

31-Jan-16
Ive had several good hunts with Western Gateway outfitters and Russ Roberts

12-May-16
DIY is easy to do. If you draw an area with good antelope prospects you do not need an outfitter. Avoid opening week. With your points you can draw a great unit with lots of public land. Just because outfitters have private land leased does not mean the hunting is better there. Many, not all by any means, outfitters over hunt their leases for antelope. We see the vast majority of non residents take small, immature bucks. You can set up a ground blind over water yourself and have great luck or try spot and stalk.Do not shoot the first buck that comes in. By the way if you time it right you can bow hunt and rifle hunt on the same trip, but that involves opening day.

• Sitka Gear