FullCryHounds 27-Jan-16
Vernon Edeler 27-Jan-16
arctichill 28-Jan-16
Ermine 28-Jan-16
arctichill 29-Jan-16
13-Jan-16

Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Caught a big female today. Good day for the dogs then pulled them so she could go about her business.

14-Jan-16
Yeah, she looks real happy about that! LOL

Predators being managed to reasonable goals makes me happy.

14-Jan-16
Cool picture. Thanks for sharing.

14-Jan-16
I think you should have crawled up there and taken a pic with her. Oh and had a video camera rolling. Shoot up in amongst us, one of us needs some relief. Who knows where that last sentence came from?

14-Jan-16
You define "catch" different than most folks.

14-Jan-16
Congrats and nicely done Vernon!

Mark

14-Jan-16
The best part of walking away was my bow toating hunter passed on her without hesitation. He informed me that the experience is what he came for not the kill, besides he has 5 more days to hunt and fresh snow this morning.

That is too funny Scrappy but it could happen around these parts. The cowhands around here are always talking about roping one???? I would pay to see that.

14-Jan-16
Jerry Clower........Haaawwwwwww!

14-Jan-16
Sounds like you got the kind of client you deserve. Well done, both!

"The cowhands around here are always talking about roping one???? I would pay to see that."

Sounds like the sort of thing that Larry Hatfield could pull off, but I think he was taught not to play with his food.

14-Jan-16

FullCryHounds's Link
"I would pay to see this"

Whether you are crawling into a cave or mineshaft with a lion or you climb up a tree with a lion, all they do is try and get away from you. I've had a lion run by me on several occasions inside a cave/mineshaft and actually brush me as he went by. I've told clients if he decides to get out of there, just give him room to get by and he'll run right by you. I know it's not as exciting as going hands on with one but it's just the way it is.

14-Jan-16
I have never had to crawl into a mineshaft or a cave but I've had them jump out of the tree and run right by within a couple of feet like i'm not even there.

"I would pay to see this"

This was in reference to the cowhand roping a cat while horseback. I don't think the horse, rider or cat would want to be in that situation for very long.

14-Jan-16
Good stuff, Vernon!

14-Jan-16
Nice Vernon! I passed on one the other day. About a 130# Tom. Very good mind frame your hunter has!

27-Jan-16

We got a nice tom yesterday. Good dog work through lots of deer.

27-Jan-16
In the old Howard Hill video 'Hunting The Hard way' a couple cowboys rope a cougar. Kuh-way-zee!

27-Jan-16
Nice cat.. What did he weigh?

27-Jan-16
Not sure why the previous link didn't work, try this one.

27-Jan-16

FullCryHounds's Link

27-Jan-16

Bull slinger he was around150#. Here's a pic of him relaxing.

Full Cry that is a cool video. Unfortunately in Wyoming they don't allow us to do that as it is considered harassment.

28-Jan-16
Orvel Fletcher roped his share. He then tied their paws together and put a canvas bag over their head and relocated more than a few lions on horseback from the Sandia Mountains down to the Manzano Mkuntains. He was doing the work for the NM Game Commissioner who wanted to transplant bighorn sheep into the Sandias. After a few years the sheep had all been killed by vehicles on Interstate 40. By his own admission , Orvel then disobeyed the commissioner's direct order and took it upon himself to "put all those lions back where I got 'em."

I would never believe that story if I had not hunted with Orvel fifteen years ago. He was 80 at the time and tougher than nails.

28-Jan-16
Wow that's pretty cool that he roped some!

29-Jan-16

arctichill's Link

• Sitka Gear