flyingbrass 21-Jan-16
LONEBULL 21-Jan-16
TXHunter 21-Jan-16
glunker 21-Jan-16
LONEBULL 22-Jan-16
glunker 23-Jan-16
Bowboy 23-Jan-16
20-Jan-16
I have seen WY sheep units described as having the better hunting on private land so expect to pay an access fee or hire an outfitter. Before I decide where to apply can I get a heads up on what an average access fee costs? Seems like a hunter is then limited to an area that might not be large enough or is that not likely?

20-Jan-16
I've never heard of that one before!

21-Jan-16
sometimes it is pay to go through private land to get to public land than nobody else can get to without a helicopter. I paid $500 for private land access and killed a nice elk in Utah one year. It ended up not being on the private but I needed to access the private to kill it.

21-Jan-16
What area are you looking at? The only areas that I could think of private land issues would be down in the SE corner. The NW areas are primarily public land areas.

21-Jan-16
Perhaps you are confusing wilderness areas (guide or WY resident help required) with private land....

21-Jan-16
My understanding is that units #12 & 19 have some or majority of the rams on private property or private property controls access. Guides are advised so I am wondering what the guides do to gain that access. Do they just pay one landowner for access or if the sheep are on more than one parcel how compensation is figured.

22-Jan-16
I don't know very much about the sheep in 19 but 12 can and will have some sheep on public land. Do you have max points? 12 has very few tags and I think the only way you can draw it is if you have max points ( at least the used to be the case).

23-Jan-16
Unit 12 needs more points likely than unit 19, either takes alot of points. I am fortunate that I have alot of points but before I burn them I came here to understand what the private land issues and costs are mostly for unit 19. Any PMS are appreciated.

23-Jan-16

Bowboy's Link
You'll need max points for 12 and for 19 will take max or 1 shy of max. This is per the draw odds from last year.

Also before you apply I'd contact the local game warden concerning access.

• Sitka Gear