Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
drycreek 27-Jan-16
Zbone 27-Jan-16
drycreek 27-Jan-16
78cj5 30-Jan-16
Mule Power 30-Jan-16
27-Jan-16
Just reading my weekly email from the National Deer Alliance and it had an article about a new disease being discovered in Wyoming deer. Adeno hemmorahgic disease can cause a fawn's lungs to fill up with fluid and of course, it dies. What with CWD, EHD, and now this, it doesn't bode well for the future of the mule deer. It's a pity, because they are one of the most majestic animals in the West IMO.

27-Jan-16
Wow, they say if or how contagious?

27-Jan-16
It was a short article, but they said that the deer pass it orally. The disease has already killed 12 deer in Cali I believe they said.

30-Jan-16
My question would be how do we know it was not there forever and we are just now discovering it? Ebola might have been present in nature forever and with our advances in the modern world we found out about it and put a label on it.

30-Jan-16
California? Maybe that's because they give their wildlife contraceptives, growth hormones, antibiotics, and medical marijuana. That's better than just letting nature run it's course. You know.... help mother nature keep things in check without using hunters.

• Sitka Gear