Coyote 65 09-Feb-16
HUNT MAN 09-Feb-16
GF 10-Feb-16
Zbone 10-Feb-16
jeck66 10-Feb-16
Zbone 10-Feb-16
ELKMAN 10-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
Was getting up this AM and looked out the bedroom window to see this years fawn at a dead run coming from the neighbors crossing my place and then up the hill to the National Forest land. Wondered what had spooked her as the people that live up here part time have not shown up yet and all of us that live here full time are retired and don't go to work.

About 15 seconds after she buzzed by I saw a coyote at a dead run after her. Poor guy looked as if he were beat as his tongue was hanging out the side of his mouth and he was going nowhere near as fast as she had been.

Going to have to break out the varmint call.

Terry

09-Feb-16
Good luck hope you get two. Hunt

10-Feb-16
No sure thing... Coyotes are known to set up relays. A deer can outrun A coyote, but usually not 3 or 4 consecutively....

10-Feb-16
Tongue out, don't sound good for the deer... If wagering, my money's on the coyote... Once deer reach that stress level, they don't do well...

Anyone remember the buck and coyote trail cam photo recent thread...

10-Feb-16
Zbone... you have to read a little closer. It was the coyote's tongue hanging out.

10-Feb-16
ah... Money still on coyote though as GF said, they work in teams...

10-Feb-16
I wouldn't bet against the dog. You should have given him a Lead Sled back down that hill...

• Sitka Gear