rooster 17-Feb-16
Buffalo1 17-Feb-16
greenmountain 17-Feb-16
EmbryOklahoma 18-Feb-16
dm/wolfskin 18-Feb-16
17-Feb-16

Hessticles's embedded Photo
Anyone ever seen cutters like this? This is a Sow. We killed some with the bow also this one just happened to be with a rifle(sorry for that)! We killed some with the bow and some with the rifle!! Private ranch in Oklahoma

17-Feb-16

17-Feb-16
Awesome! where abouts in Ok? My youngest is stationed at Ft Sill in Lawton. A hog hunt could be something he'd be into.

17-Feb-16
Was it an outfitter? If so Name of the place? (I think it's ok to say even if not a sponsor, if asked)

17-Feb-16
we were about a hour south of Lawton on the Red River!

17-Feb-16
No it is not an outfitter, but I might be willing to take someone if the hunt trade is good ;)

17-Feb-16
The top and bottom cutters obviously didn't match up to keep the bottom ones honed down and allowed that long growth. They would have probably kept growing right into the animal and caused some serious infections. When I was a kid back in the 50s I had a rabbit that was like that and we had to cut them off as they grew to keep that from happening.

17-Feb-16
Never on a sow! I've have seen that a few times where the top sharpener breaks off so the tusk can keep curling. Nice ivories!

17-Feb-16
Broken anvil tooth and that happens.

When you do the skulls on those boars its possible to pull those tusks out longer as they go way back into their jaw

17-Feb-16
Unfortunately my son will only be in Lawton a few months, making a hunt swap undoable. Shilo isn't that much farther from Lawton, however.

17-Feb-16
Cool tooth. Good length, but no mass !! Looks like it was already starting to wear hair on upper jaw area.

17-Feb-16
Thank you for sending these pictures. I don't care a bit what tool you used as long as it is legal. I hope you had an exciting hunt.

18-Feb-16
I have to agree with greenmountain... Kill them with a bazooka, air to surface missiles, tanarite, your truck, TNT, sling shot, but just kill them!

Back to your sow... It's odd the different types of pigs you see out in different areas. Where I hunt, the pigs NEVER grow cutters of that length and especially the odd formation of that pig. I do see a lot of pigs that come from south Texas and areas surrounding and it seems the pigs have long cutters. I've killed a bunch of pigs in SE Oklahoma, but the longest cutters might have been around 2" and they were bulky, but very sharp.

My question I guess is it the type of pig, the terrain, population of hogs, or maybe their diet? Have always been curious of the dynamics that make some hogs grow cutters like that versus short blocky cutters. Anyone have some insight?

18-Feb-16
She probably had a sex change. She is a he or he is a she. Government paid for too. LOL

Most of the pigs I kill don't have long cutters but I know they do exist.

• Sitka Gear