DEC 24-Mar-16
writer 25-Mar-16
'Ike' (Phone) 26-Mar-16
jims 26-Mar-16
Kevin Dill 26-Mar-16
Animal Killer 29-Mar-16
eatsleephunt 30-Mar-16
22-Mar-16
I'm considering buying DSD decoys. Looking at getting the flock. Is the whole flock worth it? Where's the best/cheapest place to buy these?

22-Mar-16
All you really need is the jake and a hen. I use the upright hen and then I have the upright option or use her without the stake for a breeding hen. The jake is the key though.

You can get them pretty much wherever you can find them. They are rarely, if ever, on sale. Just find them with free shipping and pay the piper unfortunately.

22-Mar-16
I do not know that there is a best place to buy them as I believe all the stores have the same price on them. Unless you come up with a $xx off coupon for one of the stores like Cabelas. I have 5 of them and love them but if I am hiking in somewhere where I can not drive they are to bulky to carry them all so I have decided to sell my submissive hen and 1 of my feeding hens.

22-Mar-16
OK thanks! Good chance I will just get upright hen and Jake?

22-Mar-16
I ended up getting leasing hen, feeding hen, and Jake.

22-Mar-16
I bought the submissive Jake last year. Best decision I have made in a hunting purchase. Picked up the upright hen this week from Wing Prairie.

22-Mar-16
Tracker, so that half strut pose is known more as submissive pose right?

24-Mar-16
Not sure if you will find any discounted prices, but I do know that Mack's Prairie Wings sells DSD's and has free shipping on orders over $75. A buddy of mine ordered his from there a month or so ago. I've ordered waterfowl hunting stuff from there before. Mack's is a very reputable vendor.

25-Mar-16
eatsleep, I've seen that pose called "cocky," "imposing,"...but its thw fact the bird is parallel to the ground, with it's head low, that mades every meadowlark in the county think they can kick its azz. :-)

26-Mar-16
Cabela's has been having them on sale or with free shipping...

26-Mar-16
As mentioned above, DSD's are a pain in the rear if you need to hike in very far...super bulky. I look forward to the day they make some sort of collapsible decoy. If they do they likely won't be able to keep them on the shelves! If I'm paying that much for decoys I'd certainly get ones that I can pack into remote locations rather than decoys I only use within a stone's throw of a truck! Even at close proximity to my truck it is nice having less bulky equipment so it's quick and easy setting up.

26-Mar-16
I bought a couple from Cabela's last year. Ouch. I have yet to see any significant deals on DSD, but these are truly amazing dekes.

29-Mar-16
i just picked up a DSD Jake from cableas out of the bargain cave for $85 plus tax. nothing wrong with it from what i can tell other than no box etc. so i scored on that i think haha

30-Mar-16
Killer deal animal!

• Sitka Gear