wade94z 25-Mar-16
wade94z 25-Mar-16
Kevin 25-Mar-16
grizzlyhunter 26-Mar-16
wytex 12-May-16
moch 12-May-16
ahunter55 12-May-16
25-Mar-16
Ok, recently ritired, never hunted in the west. So I've just recently totally been overwhelmed with the draw system! Wasn't really prepared for that.

I was to late for the Wyoming elk, but a friend of a friend and a Wyoming resident said if I could draw a mule deer tag that he could help me out and I did apply. He also said to apply for antelope, but I would like to have a good chance of going somewhere.

I was wandering what you guys could recomend as far as states where I might have a decent chance of drawing an antelope tag with some decent chances on public ground DIY.

I'm 55 and still getting around with no problems, but not set up for back country hunting. I do live in the mountains of North Georgia (guess they would be speed bumps for some of you guys) I,ve been training for this for a few years so I'll walk it or climb it. (may take a minute)

Anyway, any help is always truly appreciated.

25-Mar-16
WY

25-Mar-16
PM sent.

25-Mar-16
Werner Ranch in (WY) had a couple cancellation hunt openings. If they still have an opening you would have a great hunt! See their reviews on the Outfitter Reports section! Good luck, C

25-Mar-16
Definitely Wyoming. Tons of goats a lots of public land

25-Mar-16
The good news, as far as physical exertion is concerned, antelope hunting is usually done in fairly open flat or rolling country. They are also not very large if you have to pack one out. So, it's not nearly as demanding as most other western hunting.

25-Mar-16
Ok guys, Thank you very much.

25-Mar-16
Yeah, Stick, That's exactly what I was thinking! This trip will probably be my wife and I. I feel like We could pull this off.

Thank you.

25-Mar-16
Hey Kevin, I didn't receive your message.

25-Mar-16
PM sent again..

26-Mar-16

grizzlyhunter's embedded Photo
grizzlyhunter's embedded Photo
Utah. I drew last year on my first try and did a DIY hunt. I was able to take a nice goat on my first day of hunting.

12-May-16
Wy has more antelope than anyone.You might have trouble drawing with no points but some tags are left over for sale in July every year. By the way Wyoming is half public land in our state.

12-May-16
go to the New Mexico game and fish website. look at the A-Plus antelope system List. its a List of ranches that the state gives tags to. they provide contact information. start calling. most of the country is easy to traverse. you will find that most of the tags have been sold to outfitters but some of the smaller ranches will have tags. worth a try. you can probably get a tag for $1200.00

12-May-16

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Wy draw with no points on Antelope, slim but possible. S.D. is no draw & decent Antelope in N.W. corner. Definitely an easy DIY hunt for archery. I'm going to Wy. this year but I have accumulated 5 points BUT seriously researching S.D. & may hunt there on my way home as I go right through their best Antelope areas coming home. Oh, I have 20 years on you in age so I'll be hunting by water. Do not use a blind like this one-tough to shoot out of.

• Sitka Gear