Mule Power 04-Apr-16
Buckiller 04-Apr-16
Buckiller 04-Apr-16
midwest 04-Apr-16
t-roy 04-Apr-16
Aaron Johnson 04-Apr-16
Brotsky 05-Apr-16
04-Apr-16
I use a kids fold up chair. It is just a smaller version of a adults chair. No arm rests, quiet material, 4 legs light, and black. I have got mine at garage sales for $2.00 each.

04-Apr-16
Scott, you find something like that please let me know. I've searched in vain as well. There's chairs that meet most of those criteria but the one that always hangs up for my is lightweight. There's some very nice chairs that are quiet, black, 4 legged, and comfortable but the darn things weigh close to 20 pounds. I pack in quite a ways to hunt turkeys in the spring on public lands and there's no way with my blind, decoys, etc that I want to add another 40 pounds! We use the double bull 3-legged stools, best option I've found so far but not ideal by a long stretch.

04-Apr-16
Yep, that's the one. The triangle is a little larger on that seat so it's not quite so hard on a guy but it definitely starts to bother you after a couple hours. I really start squirming after hour 1.

04-Apr-16
I have an an Ameristep folding chair. I carry it duck hunting all fall, and it's currently in my other turkey blind. You can spray paint the fabric black for under a buck. They are lightweight as well.

04-Apr-16
Sorry for the second post can't figure out how to edit my first one.

http://www.ameristep.com/furniture/high-back-chair.html

04-Apr-16
Has anyone tried this one? mixed reviews...I am also looking for a better option this year.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/222292m2_ts.jpg

04-Apr-16

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
zummy, i have that one and lost 2 of the rubber feet the first time out. No big deal, but still annoying.

For that style, I'd go with this instead

04-Apr-16

Brotsky's Link
Scott, I've thought about giving this one a try at 11 pounds, but still too heavy to get me to seriously consider it.

04-Apr-16
https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/ProductFinder/Helinox/filters/256

Scoot, check out the Helinox chairs.

04-Apr-16
Snapcrack, I have two of those, and the crossbar on the front eventually becomes uncomfortable on the back of the thighs. Fine for putting on waders, etc, of for a couple hours in a blind, but not great for all day sits.

04-Apr-16
How many really want a chair that swivels? I used one like "Snap" shows but really need a chair that swivels....and has to be one that is more comfortable. My legs took a beating with the bar across the front of that chair.....

04-Apr-16

snapcrackpop's Link
Dove hunting chair with swivel seat and back rest

04-Apr-16
Also would have to have adjustable legs. I have never found a flat spot to put one.

04-Apr-16
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/0/4/3/4/6/webimg/613559823_o.jpg?nc=748

Realy like the look of this one. Just can't seem to find specs for weight/size etc.

04-Apr-16
Long lasting comfort and light weight won't go together IMO. I use a Cabelas Comfort Max 360 ( I think that's the name ) to antelope hunt, but I drive to where I'm hunting, unload everything, then park away somewhere and walk back empty handed. Turkey hunting, mostly the same way. I hardly ever carry anything more than a couple hundred yards. I think these chairs weigh around 18 lb., so they probably won't work for you, but they sure are comfortable !

04-Apr-16

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Here's a fuzzy pic of it.

04-Apr-16
I guess this would be a good place to ask if anyone has experience with the Helinox chairs? They are nice and light but are they sturdy?

They look like if you leaned way back you might break the little plastic joint clips and flop over on your back. For $100 I'd hope not.

04-Apr-16

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo
Scoot, I know you said you want four legs but I thought I'd give my 2 cents worth anyway. I bought this chair a couple years ago and love it. It's quiet, 6.5 lbs and even though it might not look comfy it's the best chair I've owned. I've sat many all day sights without ever being uncomfortable.

04-Apr-16
I will add I have used the small tripod seats and they don't even come close to this one.

04-Apr-16

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Suck it up and drop the coin on a millennium. 7.5 lbs.

04-Apr-16
Midwest X2

I ordered a Huntmore chair at Scheels last year & waited for over 4 months. Still never showed up, so I got the Millennium instead & love it. It's not the most handy for packing is the biggest downside to it.

04-Apr-16
X2 Buckiller on the tripod chair.

05-Apr-16
Scott, the one Buckkiller posted is the exact one we use currently. It is the best option I've found so far as far as trade off between lightweight, comfort, and cost but I'm still looking as well for that "perfect" chair.

• Sitka Gear