crazyhawksfan 11-Apr-16
crazyhawksfan 11-Apr-16
olebuck 11-Apr-16
eatsleephunt 11-Apr-16
olebuck 11-Apr-16
tacklebox 12-Apr-16
eatsleephunt 12-Apr-16
07-Apr-16
Got here last night. All set up now in the blind. Had several gobbling close by this morning but they all flew down in other fields. Will keep waiting...

07-Apr-16
Good luck!

07-Apr-16
Started checking fields. Had one within 30 yards but no clean shot!

07-Apr-16
Can you hunt turkeys all day in Kansas....or only for 1/2 day?

07-Apr-16
All day.

07-Apr-16
No idea why my comments keep posting twice! We were on another one just now but couldn't quite get in good position. Getting windy.

07-Apr-16
What part of the state, eat?

07-Apr-16
In central Kansas. About 45 min north of Wichita!

07-Apr-16
How's the weather today? Any turkey action?

07-Apr-16
...then you're about 15-20 minutes from my house. :-)

Have a great hunt, and keep us posted.

Sent you my e-mail via PM if you need anything.

07-Apr-16
Where do you live? I actually hunt with a buddy who lives here. And we've seen alot of turkeys. Had a close call. But none within the perfect scenario for a bullhead. Very windy too

07-Apr-16
I live in Newton, straight north of Wichita, but I travel around quite a bit as part of my job...which has me hunting turkeys in the morning. Supposed to be about the only fairly calm day over the next several days

07-Apr-16
Oh awesome! Yes drove right through there. Well guys went and got a nap in. Heading back out to find more turkeys. Winds still strong but pretty confident we'll find some.

07-Apr-16
Well we got back to our blind we set this morning and it was gone. Definitely messed our evening up. We went and stalked with 80 yards of a longbeard and hens but couldn't get closer. Finally ended the day with roosting a bird. Try again tomorrow... Hope it's better than today.

08-Apr-16
You need a heads up decoy!

08-Apr-16
I don't guess the Kansas winds took it?

08-Apr-16
That could be although it was staked. Another option is it was maybe stolen. Whole situation seemed fishy. Anyways heading to try a new setup on a bird we roosted last night. Dead calm but plenty chilly around 40 degrees. We have a heads up we had lots of good luck with last year but some of these public land birds are pretty wary so hasn't been doing alot of good here.

08-Apr-16
Where are the pics?

08-Apr-16

eatsleephunt's embedded Photo

08-Apr-16

08-Apr-16
You guys are killing me But love these live hunt posts !

08-Apr-16
Go get 'em.

08-Apr-16
Called a bird in that had a good gobble, thought it was a time for sure turned out to be a Jake. We were in a natural blind setup and had beautiful video of him 8 yards out pecking the decoys to decided to take him. Accidentally touched the release trigger while leaning out around the bush to shoot, so the arrow went wide. It's OK though, we were after toms anyways. We only seen 3 Toms this morning and they were in a kinda unhuntable scenario. Seen 10 Jakes and a few hens. Gorgeous day! Heading out to a complete different property to hunt this evening.

08-Apr-16

08-Apr-16

08-Apr-16
Screenshots from the Jake hunt.

08-Apr-16
You are in my neck of the woods...:) Good luck

08-Apr-16
Where you from tackle box?

08-Apr-16
Well this afternoon consisted of going and checking out some new public land. Absolutely smothered with hunters and we wasted most the afternoon there. We made it back to private land in time to roost one. He roosted right across the gravel road from where we can hunt and we've seen him cross there a few times so hoping he does it again in the morning. Seems the pieces haven't been clicking together well for us. But first 2 days we've hunted this year, Just not quite back on ryhtm yet. Tomorrow :)

09-Apr-16

09-Apr-16
Our blind setup this morning. Windy and cold! Kinda how the whole week has been. Toms are very Henned up and super hard to hunt. Just finally spotted a Tom and some hens. Quickly calling for permission to go after them, so we'll see how it gos!

09-Apr-16
Came in to 60 yds, didn't like what they saw and eased off. Didn't seem to be very dominant at all.

09-Apr-16

Well guys it's over. Spotted a Tom and hen out in a field snuck out to the edge and flipped out 2 DSD decoys. Sat back and waited. The hen headed our way and the time was quick to follow. I was hidden behind a large tree with 2 buddys concealed in the brush beside me. He came all the way up to 7 yards and was beating on the Jake. Almost a complete decap!

09-Apr-16
Nice work.

09-Apr-16
http://youtu.be/_M8CeZSfHFw Video of the video I got.

09-Apr-16

Great day to hunt. Perfect way to end the trip.

10-Apr-16
Excellent!!!

10-Apr-16
Great job!

10-Apr-16
Thbaks guys! Rewarding after struggling with weather and bad luck for 3 days.

10-Apr-16
One of the most rewarding turkey hunts I've ever been on. Worked are butts off for two and a half days through some high winds and henned up birds. To finally nock one down with no blind at 7 yards felt great! A bonus was we got it all on video.

10-Apr-16
Sweet! congrats!

10-Apr-16
Figured I'd join the live hunt and maybe keep it going as eatsleephunt is headed back to missouri. He'll return in a few weeks to try and fill his second tag. We had a good evening hunt last night as well. Long story short we had 3 long beards run into the dsd's and heads up I was hiding behind. In the high winds the stake on the heads up broke leaving me hiding mainly behind the dsd jake. The birds still got to within 15 yrds and I was able to draw and get a shot but jus grazed the lower neck of one hitting only feathers. Fun but tough 3 days of hunting. Hopefully we can get some video up soon. Might make it out this afternoon with a couple other buddies.

10-Apr-16
GOOOOOOD GOOOOOOOING GUYS.

11-Apr-16
Went out this afternoon with a buddy. Had a old long beard out in a field with 6 hens. Old guy wouldn't come to a call or the decoys as he was totally content. Tried the heads up and a couple hens but he ignored all of them. Tried ambushing them but they crossed the hedge row we were in bout 80 yards out. We had another bird fired up behind us but couldn't get him to commit to the call. Unfortunately we didn't get any pics or video as we were to focused on killing the old boy:) Hope to do more of that on future hunts tho for sure!

11-Apr-16

crazyhawksfan's embedded Photo
Few pics from the weekend.

11-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

Right before the shot

11-Apr-16

The celebration

11-Apr-16

Few from the evening hunt Saturday

11-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

And the clean whiff by me/:

11-Apr-16
Looks like yall had a good hunt. great shot with the bull head.

We had a good hunt. wind was ridiculous on wed and Thursday.

Killed two birds, and I missed a really good bird.

gobbling was slow except for the one bird that we worked in to the decoys and killed.

they others we just deer hunted.

11-Apr-16
that wind was pretty stout!!seemed gobbling was pretty decent here for the most part. But not many were callable! You were hunting Kansas?

11-Apr-16
We hunted one day in Neosho county on some private land right on the Neosho river south of St. Paul. Killed there first thing that morning.

then we hunted two days north of Altoona on the Verdegris River.

12-Apr-16
Nice job! Congrats

I am in Marion btw

12-Apr-16
Really tackle? Good chance we may have seen you!

• Sitka Gear