TEmbry 18-Apr-16
eatsleephunt 20-Apr-16
Shiras 21-Apr-16
eatsleephunt 22-Apr-16
DC 22-Apr-16
LINK 22-Apr-16
LINK 22-Apr-16
15-Apr-16
I saw this on Facebook the other day and went to the original poster's page to find out where he lived. I also found that he had also posted the video (and a couple of others) on YouTube. It turns out these are Alabama wild turkeys. I think you know why I couldn't pass up the chance to share it here on Bowsite . . . ;-)

15-Apr-16
Here's a follow-up to the original video. LMAO

15-Apr-16
Those are my kinda turkeys !

15-Apr-16
Lmao... Cali jakes won't even do that

15-Apr-16
Those guys exhibited an extreme amount of grit bagging those tough birds. God Bless men

15-Apr-16
They must be hunting with HECS

15-Apr-16
Those turkeys MUST be from anywhere besides Alabama! I've heard even the farm raised birds there are like ghosts. They have to tag em at birth with military grade gps chips to have even the slightest chance at ever finding them for harvest. ;)

15-Apr-16
They're retarded. :)

15-Apr-16
That's not possible, turkeys are so smart in Alabama it takes 30 minutes to find a frozen one in the grocery stores in downtown Birmingham!

15-Apr-16
Lol...

15-Apr-16
Thats because half da time der hiding under the smoked tongue or under the generic bologna dem darn sneaky bama birds......

16-Apr-16
That is incredible

16-Apr-16
We had one in our neighborhood a few years ago that would chase joggers and even cars. He didn't make it long.

16-Apr-16
lmao I think the guy was afraid of them.

16-Apr-16
Who is hunting who??????????????????????

I have walked up to within feet of them myself. I have one on video where I walked to within ten steps of a huge gobbler. He looked at me as if he did not won't to leave but then flew off. I was about that close to a half dozen jakes once and they just walk alone beside me for a ways and then walked off. I think jakes are extremely dumb sometimes. "YES" all in Alabama. I have also blinked my eyes to have a hen or gobbler bust me and bug out. Who knows????

16-Apr-16
Don't pick on he darn birds. They have. A brain he size of half a peanut what do you expect........Mensa scholars?

16-Apr-16
Now Ive seen it all.

16-Apr-16
Wow. I would have loved to hit one with a bat! Hunt

16-Apr-16
Man, I needed to find some like that today. Even the Jakes and the hens were ignoring me. Arkansas birds must just be naturally smarter.

16-Apr-16
Just remembered a story about catching wild turkeys my grandfather used to tell. There was an old man who stood about 6'6" and was nigh on to as broad, (pretty good ginseng hunter but that's another story). Anyway, he was telling my grandfather one day about a pair of turkeys that ran across the road in front of him and tried to go through a woven wire fence. They kept trying to push through the fence as turkeys will do and wouldn't back up. Earl jumped out of his truck and ran up there and grabbed a turkey in each hand by one leg. My grandfather said "I'll bet you turned one of them loose didn't you?" Earl declared, "I turned BOTH of them loose!"

16-Apr-16
Here's the third video in that series. They get the funky chicken in on the act.

17-Apr-16
Salagi

Now that is a riot!

17-Apr-16
Those 'Bama birds sure are tough ones to hunt. Not sure how anyone could get one unless they were a highly skilled turkey hunter. If you could understand them I think they would be saying HDYLMK?

17-Apr-16

x-man's embedded Photo
x-man's embedded Photo
Spiders are still in the jar. ;)

18-Apr-16
While I like making fun of TBM as much as the next guy, I will say that southern Pine Plantation birds are the toughest turkey hunting I have encountered after hunting a dozen or more states.

20-Apr-16
Anyone else notice Bighurt is gone? Try to find a comment from him anywhere!

21-Apr-16
I am sure he is out killing turkeys. This is his time of year.

22-Apr-16
i think he got removed again.

22-Apr-16

DC's Link
Very Dangerous Birds. Watch link to see.

22-Apr-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Those have to be pets. I raised two jakes and a hen last year that were wild Rios. I could get within a foot but if I made a quick move to pick them up they were gone, not to mention what they would have done. This guy you can tell had done this because he knows how to catch and hold a bird. When mine were small I would hold them nearly every day and they never got that gentle. Spring came this year and they all left.

22-Apr-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear