Labby 17-May-16
Jaquomo 17-May-16
EmbryOklahoma 17-May-16
wyliecoyote 17-May-16
Quinn @work 17-May-16
Jaquomo 17-May-16
gobbler 17-May-16
17-May-16
question you guys who are well versed on the backdoor lingo. I accessed the website for the backdoor method by clicking on "purchase a habitat stamp" and it reads "2016-590 Res Deer". Everything else has app beside it except that one. Does that mean I drew the tag or what?

17-May-16
Yep~!

Congrats

17-May-16

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Like this... ?

17-May-16
591 is a Non Res tag - congrats!

17-May-16
Awesome! Will be mine and my wife's first time to chase mule deer. Looking forward to it!

17-May-16
It could be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice draw (if you populated those choices). I don't think their is a way to tell by the code which choice you drew. But you did draw a deer tag.

17-May-16
My points no longer show deer in the list either. So in 2 ways I am showing I got my tag......which I had plenty of points for

17-May-16
My deer application still looks the exact same as it did a week ago. Still says 491 non res deer app so I am guessing no tag for me this year.

Gabe

17-May-16
Rick, hunting muleys is exactly like hunting whitetails. Find a trail, put up a stand, make a mock scrape and a licking branch and some mock rubs, hang up the Ozonics machine, then sit back and wait. One will come along sooner or later!

If you need any other advice, you know I'll be happy to help. ;)

17-May-16
I had 19 points and put in for a unit that had 100% draw with 18 last year and it looks like I didn't draw this year.

I figured with the late dates this year a lot of point holders would be jumping in.

17-May-16
A question. If you have a 491 APP does that mean it's a done deal for this year or could they still be in the process of drawing?

17-May-16
Thanks, Lou, I'm bringing my corn rattler and feeders too! :)

Anyone have feeder I can borrow?

17-May-16
Gobbler,

If you don't have a 591 code you didn't draw. You must be rifle hunting to not be drawing a tag with 19 points? 44 3rd or 4th?

17-May-16
Rick, I found where a guy was trying to bait mountain muleys during September last year with a corn/molasses cake. He left it after the season, 30 yards from his ground blind.

In 2.5 months, no deer or elk touched it.

17-May-16
Rick

It may be a good idea to practice at a longer distance than you do for WT :)

Just saying...

17-May-16
Jaq, I think that was my stand last year. I abandoned the stand after a nasty case of the runs from eating to many corn tortilla chips.

17-May-16
All fun aside... I look forward to the challenge. My wife may not be able to go as deep or as far as myself, but that's okay. We're going to have fun and enjoy the experience.

Brad, I'll be shooting out to 50 by the time I leave. No worries there.

17-May-16
Yeah, I was trying for a 44 3rd season. Thanks

17-May-16
looks like I drew a unit 3 4th season Muley Tag

Anyone been in this unit

17-May-16
Rick, dont worry about going "deep and far" for mountain muleys. They aren't like elk. You are just as likely to find a 30" buck hanging near a road. Two friends from Ohio did that, backpacked in and hunted for 8 days, saw only a couple small bucks, and after they came out the lady who runs the laundromat told them she saw a giant buck by the trailhead where they parked.

I climbed a mountain one day, saw nothing, found a note from a friend on my windshield that there were three big bucks by my tent. Next morning I slept until sunup, killed the biggest of the three 200 yards from the tent.

17-May-16
Have you been monitoring my messages and emails, Lou? You about hit my strategy, on the nose! Got a good feeling!

17-May-16
Guys, does this method work on the antelope draw for NRs??

Thkx, Joe

17-May-16
Gobbler,

That tag just never stops going up in points. Sorry to hear you didn't get it with 19 points. Like you said the later dates this year probably didn't help you either. Good luck next year.

17-May-16
How, it should work because it's not a mail-in app like sheep and goat. Antelope isn't up yet.

17-May-16
Thanks!!

• Sitka Gear