Mt. man 31-May-16
dgilbert 31-May-16
Ibow 31-May-16
dgilbert 31-May-16
HUNT MAN 31-May-16
dgilbert 01-Jun-16
Hugh 03-Jun-16
31-May-16
Greetings from the State Of Texas. I was consider using a outfitter called Wild Idaho Outfitter's for a bear hunt. I am trying to do my homework and see if this outfitter is a reputable or not. I did a check through the forum outfitter section but could not find them listed, I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. But I was hoping I might get some feed back from your forum regarding this outfitter. Thank You in advance.

31-May-16
Ida ho is not a hot spot for bear that may be why no references show up in the outfitter section. I will say that in looking at their photo gallery for spring bear in the years 2011-2015 there is nothing close to impressive shown. very small bears. maybe they don't photograph the big ones or something, but the one's shown are generally unimpressive at best and dog-like at worst.

31-May-16
If you are going to pay someone for a bear hunt, go to Canada or Alaska. You'll have a much better hunt and a much better chance at a respectable bear. Take care.

31-May-16
Always been a big fan of northern Maine and I know New Brunswick certainly holds its own if you're willing to do the whole border crossing gig. Unless of course you're looking for a spot and stalk deal in which case I have no experience to speak of. Good luck and pm me if you decide Maine is the place you want. I'll put you in touch with a guy you will NOT regret using!!!

31-May-16
dgilbert, for some great Idaho bears.

Sent you a PM

31-May-16
I have been to Canada twice now and have taken a bear each time. I am taking my grandson this time but his biological father will not let him get a passport, so I'm staying in the states for that reason. That is a story in itself. Yes I know the bears might not be P & Y, but it still the adventure and memories that go with it. Thanks for everyone input.

31-May-16
Do you want a baited hunt or with dogs?

31-May-16
Over bait, to keep the cost in check. Thank you.

31-May-16
So the majority of the Idaho residence still travel to CA for their bear hunts?

31-May-16
MANY, good bears taken each year in Idaho. Look up Outdoors International and contact their representative Russ Meyer. He has taken more P&Y bears in Idaho than many on here have ever seen. I know of 3 he has been a part of this spring that will book easily.

31-May-16
The majority of Americans travel to Canada to bear hunt - just more and bigger bears. You can hunt lower 48 and kill a nice bear but less likely than Canada.

If NJ ever opened up for hunting I would head there in a heartbeat. I'm half-joking but until then Canada really is the place.

If you wanted to do something cool I would hound hunt in ID/NM or AZ. That looks like a blast!

31-May-16
gothunts.com is the website for Russ that I mentioned earlier.

31-May-16
Thank You.

31-May-16
Weitas Creek Outfitters is also a reputable Outfitter in Idaho.

http://weitascreekoutfitters.com/bear.htm

31-May-16
Thank you.

31-May-16
Idaho has some nice bears. There is also a lot of color phase bears. Hope you have a good hunt with your grandson.. Hunt

01-Jun-16
Thank you, got a couple of emails out and waiting a return hopefully.

03-Jun-16
So, as Nick said, consider Alaska. Yes it will cost more than a cheap Ontario hunt but you will arguably be in an area where the big bear to little bear ratio is better.

Prince of Wales Island is the goto spot for the really big ones and there are some very respectable outfitters there. It will shock you a little bit when you see the sticker price. But remember you will most likely be boat based, eating crab/shrimp every night and hunting true monsters.

But you can also do it yourself. Fly into Ketchikan and then take the ferry to Hollis. Rent a truck there and drive around the island. There are also some boat rentals available if I remember correctly. But the bears are there, and in big numbers.

While I didn't hunt there this year Ive taken two bears in the last 3 years there(passed up a 19+ in 15) that went 19 6/16 and one 20 12/16. I did these over baits that my brother who lives there set up for us.

Hugh

• Sitka Gear