Family Man 10-Jul-16
Family Man 10-Jul-16
Family Man 10-Jul-16
foxwillkill 10-Jul-16
INbowdude 11-Jul-16
06-Jun-16

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Camera is setup at Rattlesnake Ridge. Been feeding there for a couple days now.

06-Jun-16

06-Jun-16
Alright alright!! Won't be long and will be back to Shiloh for Porkapalooza 10. May have to make the trek to Rattlesnake this time.

06-Jun-16

More just now.

06-Jun-16

06-Jun-16

07-Jun-16

This morning early. Look at morning temps...and it's June in Oklahoma!

07-Jun-16
Just sent the check for an August hunt! Super excited!

07-Jun-16
Love the pics.

07-Jun-16

The evening crew back at Rattlesnake Ridge!

07-Jun-16
Looking great! See you Thursday.

07-Jun-16
See you then!

07-Jun-16

Big framed boar!

08-Jun-16

13-Jun-16

16-Jun-16

16-Jun-16

Party time!

17-Jun-16
Cheryl, you jinxed things with that talk of cool temps in June.

17-Jun-16
Nice looking hogs. Can't believe we didn't see that big one. Must be hanging out in the thick stuff. Perhaps I'll run into it in Hogust!

18-Jun-16

For those coming on the summer hunts! Big boys are here!

18-Jun-16

18-Jun-16

19-Jun-16
Some good looking hogs in the heat

19-Jun-16

Yessir, some dandy animals. The deer are in on action too!

20-Jun-16
Loving the pictures

22-Jun-16
Are there any of those GIANT "hybrids" around (or just your standard wild hogs). I'm trying to decide whether to bring 1 freezer or two for our family hunt in <2 weeks. Has the ranch seen much pressure? Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

23-Jun-16
Family Man, there weren't any hybrids there a few weeks ago when we were there. They said those big hogs wouldn't survive the heat out there so they aren't keeping any right now.

23-Jun-16
Boothill has it right Dave. We won't have anymore hybrids until later in the fall when the weather cools down. We might have a couple of big Rambouillet rams by the time you get here though! The hunts slow down this time of year so the animals aren't very pressured. Looking forward to seeing you and the family again!

Sorry for the lack of new pictures lately. I had to hijack the camera to do some reconnaissance on the chicken coop. Something has been getting in the coop eating eggs, and now it's killing and eating my laying hens too! Whatever it is, it's smart enough to avoid the box trap so we've had to resort to the cell cam to put an end to the carnage!

-Cheryl

23-Jun-16
We're looking forward to it! I told Matt to put Ben down for one of those big rams! He was thrilled with his last ram and it will be a surprise! We asked Hannah and she said she'd rather concentrate on the hogs. It'll be hot, but we're going to have fun! We're happy to host a cook-out for you guys and your new camp staff if you're up for it... your call. See you soon!

25-Jun-16
Cheryl - how much to get into the pool? I'm betting on a skunk!

26-Jun-16
Cheryl,

Start putting Kai in the chicken coop over night.

The next morning you can go weed through the mountain of feathers and find out what was killing the hens....before Kai.

:-)

28-Jun-16
Yode- we have had some success the past few nights and have killed a potpourri of pests! The only one that is still eluding me is the snake that keeps eating the eggs. At least I think the hens are safe now, but I'm down to only six. Time to fire up the incubator and hatch some more while I still have some to hatch!

That's downright funny writer! When Sage was a pup we heard her carrying on outside so we went to investigate. There was a jagdterrier sized hole chewed in the fence and a pile of feathers in the chicken coop. We were in the midst of praising her for running off the chicken killer when we noticed the feather stuck between her teeth. We were so naive then! On the other hand, we have a new komondor pup that is in boot camp with the goats and we caught him molesting one of my hens that got in the pen with him. Fortunately Kai's Garmin collar still fit him and he got a quick lesson on what happens when a livestock guardian dog chases chickens. He eyes every bird very suspiciously now. I hated to do it, but it will save him a lot of grief later in life. Spare the rod, spoil the... well, you know.

28-Jun-16
I sure hope you good folks have tips on how to best hunt in 100 degree weather! This is going to be a whole new adventure! We'll see you soon!

30-Jun-16
Lots and lots of water to take to stands with you Family Man. When we were there for Porkapalooza they seemed to move later than normal so be prepared to wait them out.

05-Jul-16
Waiting on Family Man's pictures. Surely he has a couple of hogs down by now. C'mon man! Share!

10-Jul-16

Family Man's embedded Photo

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16

10-Jul-16
Sorry for the delay in posting! Hauling a family of hunters across the country and running all day long can wear a man out! Of course, Matt, Cheryl & Colby were awesome! We got to meet Wesson and Jennifer and Wesson is a hoot! Kia helped us out on 2 hogs- one recovered, one not. We recovered 4 of 5 hogs and Christy could have shot numerous hogs from 1A on her final morning hunt, but decided we were good on meat. Ben harvested a nice ram and enjoyed using his Ruger 77/44 after doing 4H shooting sports all Summer. We boated at Lake Murray in the afternoons, making it an action-packed trip. The kids said this is the best trip of 3 to Shiloh Ranch! Headed back Christmas of 2017!

10-Jul-16
sounds like a great family trip. That's what families need, time together doing things they love.

11-Jul-16
Awesome hunt. Sounds like everybody had a blast. Congrats.

• Sitka Gear