Bou'bound 13-Jul-16
kellyharris 13-Jul-16
Family Man 13-Jul-16
INbowdude 16-Jul-16
The Yode 16-Jul-16
INbowdude 17-Jul-16
09-Jun-16
12:17 PM LIVE from Ok*
Well it's that time of the year again for the 10th annual Porkapalooza at Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp with Matt & Cheryl Napper. Boothill and Hunt4life as well as 7 others have joined us to celebrate a decade of hog hunting.

09-Jun-16
Here we go again!!!! Have a blast guys.

09-Jun-16
1:46 PM LIVE from Ok*
Porkapalooza hats via Chip T! Stands have been selected. I'm hunting 1A with a SW wind. Heading out in a couple of hours.

09-Jun-16
I have been waiting on this update all day good luck to all!

09-Jun-16
2:43 PM LIVE from Ok*
Oops, forgot to mention Skeptic is also hunting with us and 4 of his family.

09-Jun-16
Good luck guys !

09-Jun-16
Good luck! Post lots of pics to get me jacked up for our trip down there in August!

09-Jun-16
4:50 PM LIVE from Ok*
Wind is out of the S-SW. Sunny, high 80's, low 90's. Hurry up and wait mode.

09-Jun-16
5:08 PM LIVE from Ok*
First visitor of the afternoon:.....a fox squirrel. Kyle H at 7 has 3 goats and 3 hogs around him.

09-Jun-16
5:34 PM LIVE from Ok*
Feeder went off, about caused a heart attack. I can see hogs. ??9 hogs came in but spooked when a limb fell. All about 60-80 pounders.

09-Jun-16
5:46 PM LIVE from Ok*
Heard splashing behind me, a nice black hog found a wallow. Too thick to shoot, all I could do is watch. When the wind shifted, I was busted.

09-Jun-16
Really slow at #6 so far. Had a little watermelon and maybe a 75# skirt edge of trees early but all quiet since then. The last 30 minutes could be exciting.

09-Jun-16
Roy killed one at ground blind fairly early in hunt.

09-Jun-16
7:45 PM LIVE from Ok*
13 moving to my west but won't commit. 60 pounders up. I am a weak man!

09-Jun-16
7:47 PM LIVE from Ok*
Finally out in the open. No monster in the group but some nice ones. 2 or 3 have potential. Over 100 pounds but not 150 either.

09-Jun-16
7:49 PM LIVE from Ok*
Milling around and bunched up. Gotta put phone down. Resistance is crumbling.

09-Jun-16
7:52 PM LIVE from Ok*
13 yards broadside and I couldn't take it anymore. 30 yard recovery. About 115ish sow. She will be a good eater. Pics tomorrow. Hunt4life is tracking one and another guy scored as well.

09-Jun-16
Inbowdude school of trophy hunting:

"If it gives me a broadside, it's a trophy!"

09-Jun-16

09-Jun-16

09-Jun-16
Congrats to a good first day! Keep the updates coming! ME and the family are headed down for the 4th of July week! Did you say goats? Do we have exotics back on the ranch? What about those BIG hogs? Any of those still around?

10-Jun-16

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
We can hardly believe that ten years have passed already since the first Porkapalooza hog hunt! We enjoy following along on the live hunt from Matt's phone and reading what you all are experiencing out in the stands. It was a pretty productive night with everybody seeing hogs and four out of ten taking shots. We still have one MIA, but hopefully it will make an appearance when the feed route is run in the morning.

Here are a few pics of the hogs taken tonight. The first one is Mike (INbowdude) with a nice hog he shot from stand 1A. Good shot Mike!

10-Jun-16

This hog was shot by Kendall from stand #2. This is Kendall's first hunt here at Shiloh and his first Porkapalooza. Congratulations Kendall!

10-Jun-16

Colby's dad, Roy joined in the fun too! Here he is with a nice hog he shot from the ground blind on Deer Alley. This was Roy's first bow kill. Congratulations Roy!

What a great first night!

10-Jun-16
5:43 AM LIVE from Ok*
All told 3 hogs last night. Morning hunt and I walked out with a buddy. I am in stand 6, he went to 7. 3 hogs already in but still too dark to see for a shot.

10-Jun-16
6:13 AM LIVE from Ok*
Pig fighting. Loud squeals. Somebody's not happy.

10-Jun-16
Congrats. and good luck to the rest of you. Oh, enjoy these fall like temps.

10-Jun-16
7:55 AM LIVE from Ok*
Tried to post a pic from my phone but it looks like it didn't work. 7 came in and 6 left from stand 6 this morning.

10-Jun-16
7:59 AM LIVE from Ok*
A couple of guys are hunting this morning. No other kills so far. What can I say, I'm a weak man and the pig had a death wish.

10-Jun-16
8:31 AM LIVE from Ok*
Hog gutted, skinned and in the freezer. Guess I will try my hand at fishing now.

10-Jun-16
Sounds like a successful trip!

10-Jun-16

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Easy to find them when they bleed like this.

10-Jun-16

Which way to the hogs?

10-Jun-16

Kyle H. hanging the banner. A time honored tradition at Porkapalooza.

10-Jun-16

The beast from this morning. I chose to shoot a small pig so I can put it in the smoker or possibly cook it in a pit. STill deciding on how to enjoy this one.

10-Jun-16
Getting ready for the pitch-in lunch. Steaks, baked potatoes, salads, pasta, several desserts and other goodies. Of course the Porkapalooza would not be the world-wide event without the traditional group photo, complete with snouts. Also, the often imitated, but never duplicated, Pork t-shirts and the perennial Porkapalooza Potion. More good times today! Lots of guys ready to put the smack down on some hogs. I'll be a casual observer (dang it).

10-Jun-16
Sweet! It's too bad a little thing called work has to get in the way

10-Jun-16
Nice Stevie Wonder blood trail.

10-Jun-16

This years group of hunters at Porkapalooza 10!

10-Jun-16
5:30 PM LIVE from Ok*
Friday night hunt, most of the guys are out on stand. In an extremely rare instance, I am sitting at stand 5 in the ground blind sauna without my bow. Yes, as much as it seems foreign to me at Shiloh, I have two hogs already in the freezer and don't need a third. Plus I will be back in Hogust. As well.

10-Jun-16
5:51 PM LIVE from Ok*
Doe whitetail and fox squirrel have moved in to the area.

10-Jun-16
6:05 PM LIVE from Ok*
Doe keeps looking south. Not sure what she sees.

10-Jun-16
6:21 PM LIVE from Ok*
4 hogs about 12 yards away and NO bow. Why do I torture myself like this?

10-Jun-16

By golly Mike. I have to say that your hog bled like a stuck pig! :)

Kyle added to the meat pole tonight with this good hog he shot at stand #7. This is also Kyle's first Porkapalooza. Congratulations Kyle!

10-Jun-16

This is why we do what we do, and why we love what we do so much. This plaque was presented to us today by Hamicus Procurus himself, the Grand Poobah of the Porkapalooza. We sure do appreciate you all so much for making us feel like such a big part of your hunt. And this pretty much sums it up. This hunt is more about the camaraderie, fellowship and laughs than the hunting itself. We only hope you all enjoy being here as much as we enjoy having you!

Hopefully y'all can read this...

11-Jun-16
5:54 AM LIVE from Ok*
Saturday morning and we have Skeptic and Hunt4life out in the field. I am in stand 6 just watching the sunrise at Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp here in Stonewall OK. Quiet morning but I thought I heard a grunt or two walking in. Upper 70's, light S-SW winds.

11-Jun-16
6:02 AM LIVE from Ok*
Doe walks under my stand and then a hog grunts to my east. I can see then in the bottoms. And here they come. Same ones as yesterday morning. Grunting like crazy. 1 is holding back.

11-Jun-16
6:02 AM LIVE from Ok*
2 piglets under the feeder.

11-Jun-16
6:15 AM LIVE from Ok*
Feeder goes off and a doe is right on the corn. I can hear critters moving in the woods but nobody's making an appearance yet. Wind is at my back. Might have to move.

11-Jun-16
6:30 AM LIVE from Ok*
3 hogs trying to come in but just standing about 40 yards out grunting while doe keeps eating.

11-Jun-16

Matt & Cheryl Napper. Our congenial hosts for the Porkapalooza these 10 years past.

11-Jun-16

Friday night teasers. One of these days I will learn to wait, but not this year. 5 yards away.

11-Jun-16

For my buddy Travis who attended the first 5 years of Porkapaloozas.

11-Jun-16

More hogs!

11-Jun-16

Footballs under the feeder. A bit blurry because I was facing east and the sun was not quite up also. Add to that the pic was from an Iphone and you understand.

11-Jun-16

You know how hogs like to wallow in the shade on a hot summer day? Well...the pic says it all. :)

Here's the gang after a lunch of ribeyes cooked over a hot campfire, baked taters, gumbo, buffalo chicken dip, baked beans, macaroni and potato salad, cherry pie, s'more bars, chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies.

All that's missing is the mud.

11-Jun-16

Murder at 1A. The hog started at the red arrow, ran the yellow path and ended up under the white arrow.

Really weird how those arrows just appeared in the woods.

11-Jun-16
Congratulations! Sounds like another successful Porkapalooza. Of course, at Shiloh, it is hard not to have a great time.

I am TRULY impressed that Mike went out without his bow. Of course, for him, that is the only way to keep from bring back 8 hogs!

11-Jun-16
4:49 PM LIVE from Ok*
The last evening hunt for Porkapalooza 10. Tonight I am the honored guest of Emma at stand 5. She is looking for a smallish hog tonight a. D I am hoping we can be accommodating. Heat index at 98 with light SW winds.

11-Jun-16
Sounds like a great hunt and an even better camp. When our days are coming to an end in this world, these are the days that will be remembered. Good hunts and good friends sitting around a campfire. Congrats on another successful Porkapalooza

11-Jun-16
6:09 PM LIVE from Ok*
4 squirrels, wind has picked up but no hog sightings. Con piggies!

11-Jun-16
6:42 PM LIVE from Ok*
Squirrels scatter everywhere as 4 hogs come in. Very skittish. Left quick and a doe came in.

11-Jun-16
7:43 PM LIVE from Ok*
Skeptic scores at stand 7. Excellent.

11-Jun-16
9:35 PM LIVE from Ok*
And 2 more hogs hit the meat pole. Boothill scores a nice fat hog.

11-Jun-16

I can't believe it's already the last night of the hunt. We have three hogs added to the freezer tonight. Here's Brian (Boothill) with a good hog he shot at stand 7 tonight. If you look closely at his cheeks you can see it has wattles. That's something we don't see very often, and especially on a hog with cloven hooves. Congratulations Boothill!

12-Jun-16

Um, did somebody lose this?

12-Jun-16
Ah hah! So where did you find that little gem? I know I found one of those little gifts in the house. Who's the culprit? Everybody is blaming me, I blamed Colby. So who's gonna fess up?

12-Jun-16
Porkapalooza 10 is in the books. Another great hunt with great people. Always good to see old friends and make some new ones. But like every hunt, the time is always too short and work and family commitments call us.

Dates for Porkapalooza 11 will be June 15-17, 2017. If anybody is interested, drop me a line, send me a pm, give me a call.

NOTE: The date has been changed! The above date is the correct date.

12-Jun-16
Ha ha Cheryl, you changed subject quickly when I ask about your "free time" and cleaning the cabins , you had me wondering. Just wait, Pork 11 is going to be here before we know it!

I had another great time with the crew at Pork 10. Special thanks to Mike and Shiloh Ranch.

12-Jun-16

Here's a picture of the 2016 edition of Porkapaloooza wear. Good job on the design Mike!

12-Jun-16

And this year everyone received not only the coveted Porkapalooza Potion, but a very cool travel mug as well! Mr. Neilson buys all of the gifts for everyone. Thank you Mike!

I'm lacking two more hog pics, so as soon as I get them downloaded to my ipad I'll get them posted.

13-Jun-16
Sounds like you guys had great time and put some pork in the freezer.

13-Jun-16

boothill's embedded Photo
Lunch time main entree was ribeyes cooked over the firepit.

13-Jun-16

I know if there isn't a picture it didn't happen, so here is INBOWDUDE actually heading to the stand with nothing but a pack full of water to drink. Lol I had a snap a picture because I'm sure it will never happen again in our lifetime.

13-Jun-16
Blasphemy! I'll have to photoshop that one! LOL. VERIFIED!

13-Jun-16

Here are the last two pics from the last evenings hunt. Kory (Skeptic) shot a dandy hog the last minute of the hunt. Congratulations Kory!

13-Jun-16

And last of all, Colby got to join the hunt on the last evening. I think there was some hog wrasslin' that went on before this one ended up on the meatpole!

Oh, and Yode and Writer...you're not the only members of the "Not Allowed To Play With Sharp Objects Club" anymore.

13-Jun-16
I need to make this hunt!

14-Jun-16
So enjoyed meeting Colby and his family last weekend. But yes I won't be walking the trails anytime soon with Colby if he has anything sharp with him. Lol. Young man I don't think you will live this one down anytime soon.

07-Jul-16
Porkapalooza XI is full! Lots of newbies next year. Only 11 more months to plan.

12-Jul-16
So, who else is in the "I told you not to trust him with a real knife" club?

I'll bet I win for the highest ER bill, though?

13-Jul-16
when you running down again for another hog mike it's been a few weeks you're due.

13-Jul-16
Great thread this is always a great read

13-Jul-16
I now understand the "sharp object" jokes! You could tell he was still pretty embarrassed! Life sure keeps us all humble!

16-Jul-16
Bou, you know me too well. 16 days until the Hogust hunt. Just a quick hunt before school starts up again.

I'll probably do another live hunt if I can keep the phone dry from all the sweat.

16-Jul-16
Writer - you have to have stitches at the ER to qualify for the knife club! I don't know if he made it or not. One who shall not be named DID make it though...

17-Jul-16
LOL, it's not just with knives anymore Yode. The Shiloh Cut Club has many members but I agree, no stitches, no story.

• Sitka Gear