Pronghorn
Contributors to this thread:
longsprings 12-Jun-16
Buffalo1 12-Jun-16
drycreek 12-Jun-16
Buffalo1 12-Jun-16
drycreek 12-Jun-16
12-Jun-16
Looking for information in regards to lisco ranch with jack cassidy outfitters for a speed goat hunt. Got it booked for 2017 thanks

12-Jun-16
Hunted there in 2008- had a great experience. Good folks.

12-Jun-16
Is Jack still alive or does his son run the outfit now ? I hunted mule deer with him in '93 near Trinidad. Unsuccessful but still one of the most fun hunts I've ever been on.

12-Jun-16
Jack doesn't own the Double L-Riverbend Ranch. Corky Lisco is the patriarch of the Lisco family. Corky and Jack have been long time friends and hunted together for years. Those two together reminded me of being somewhere between the characters of "Space Cowboys" and the the two Texas Rangers in "Lonesome Dove." They had done it all, had a great time together and shared their stories to the hunters. A great mixture of truth and embellished truth. Both Jack and Corky are probably in their 80's by now.

Jack heads up the antelope hunting at the ranch. Corky and his sons help in the operation. They have got antelope hunting down to a fine science and offer great chances of success- if instructions are followed. This is key for success with them.

Accommodations and food are both good. I would recommend taking some bow fishing equipment. If you tag out early, the Platte River offers some good bow fishing for carp about a 1/2 mile or so from the camp.

I tagged out early and I spent the remainder of my time cleaning my antelope skull to bring home with me, photography, bowshooting, visiting Douglas, the jackalope capital of the world, and participating in a cattle drive.

All & all-a great, enjoyable week and that included some good hunting.

12-Jun-16
Greg, I didn't know anything about the Lisco Ranch, my only dealings with Jack was on the mule deer hunt I spoke of. Jack seemed like a good guy to me and we had a good time. I'll never forget the guy who was cooking for him. The cooking/eating tent was a big Army Surplus affair and as soon as I heard the first pot clink I got up and went over and talked to him as he was making breakfast. He had cooked in mining camps, cow camps, and hunting camps for years. We had some good conversations !

Sorry to derail the thread long.

• Sitka Gear