coonazz 01-Jul-16
Zebrakiller 01-Jul-16
coonazz 01-Jul-16
Pyrannah 01-Jul-16
Hugh 01-Jul-16
kra1956 02-Jul-16
Charlie Rehor 02-Jul-16
16-Jun-16
It was a pretty good discount and apparently it's the last year for non-residents to buy a goat tag over-the- counter.

It's always been a dream of mine to go on this hunt. Aug 31st - Sept6th.

Probably will bring the rifle too on this hunt. Don't want to go home empty-handed as I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to do this again.

Outfitter said there's room for one more. If you're interested, send me a message.

16-Jun-16
Really cool and VERY jealous!!

good luck man...

16-Jun-16
Curious, is the outfitter's name Scott? I know he had a cancellation out there for goat.

If it's Scott, he'll take good care of you and work his butt off. I got my sheep with him in 2013.

16-Jun-16
Have fun and post your pictures and story after your trip.

16-Jun-16
Good luck !

17-Jun-16
nice good luck

17-Jun-16
kscowboy - No, it's not Scott. His name is Jeremy.

18-Jun-16
Should be a blast! Hope you have an excellent hunt and please post up the story with lots of pics!

19-Jun-16
Good luck & stay safe on your hunt, Tony!

20-Jun-16
Thanks all.

71 days and counting.

28-Jun-16
Price discounted even further! Need a 2nd Hunter. OK - Just talked to the guide for this hunt. Because there are so few days between now and the hunt, and I really need a 2nd hunter to make this work for this 2x1 (2 hunters to 1 guide) hunt, he has offered to do this for $6500 each.

That includes the supercub/beaver flight out from Anchorage to the Chugach Mountains where we will be hunting, food, tents, etc. Everything except tag & hunting license. ($300ish).

Please PM ASAP if you are interested in doing this hunt with me.

28-Jun-16
Sure wish I could get an OTC tag for the chugach. I had to draw mine last year.

You must be going in Sep?

28-Jun-16
Yes - Aug 31st - Sept6th

28-Jun-16
Good luck !

28-Jun-16
Jeremy's goat hunts are in unit 14, did you draw a tag? Or are you hunting another area of the Chugach?

28-Jun-16
I believe he stated he's buying an otc tag.

28-Jun-16
Yes - buying an OTC tag.

28-Jun-16
There are none in 14.

Anyhow good luck I'm sure it'll be a great time.

29-Jun-16
Time is running out. If I can't find a 2nd hunter - I don't go either. ($6500 is the max for me. The 1x1 rate is more than I'm going to spend.)

29-Jun-16
Lake George area is OTC registration permit.

29-Jun-16
Ah yes, forgot the regs for 14 were split into two sections.

29-Jun-16
I'm at least a little interested. What have the success rates been over the past couple years for archery?

29-Jun-16
Guide says its very high success with a rifle. As in - he's never had a hunter come back without a goat. Now - that being said, this is AK and this is hunting.

I'm bringing my bow and rifle.

29-Jun-16
"I'm bringing my bow and rifle."

If you are willing to take both, leave your bow at home. No shame in shooting a goat with a rifle, but trust me you will not want to be carrying both on your back in the Chugach or very many other goat hunting areas.

The only other option I would suggest if you have a strong desire to shoot a goat with your bow is to hunt with your bow and default to the guide's rifle if necessity dictates.

-from the man who carried a rifle and a bow on his goat hunt and shot his goat with a rifle. :)

01-Jul-16
well - pretty disappointed. My buddy that was really trying to go with me on this hunt had to back out.

Now it doesn't look like I'll be able to go because I can't find a second hunter to take advantage of this 2 hunters/1 guide last minute price. If I were to go solo, it would cost me quite a bit more (around $10K) and that's just more than I can spend right now.

Ugh - this is a trip of a lifetime and really a one-time opportunity. This is the last year these tags in Alaska will be over-the-counter for Mountain Goat - Going forward, it's all drawing/lotto and prices of those tags just doubled. (http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...cense_fees.pdf

It's $6500 for this fully guided, fly out, Alaska Mountain Goat hunt of a lifetime with an awesome guide/outfitter. If anyone wants to go, please let me know ASAP.

(We would leave for this hunt in 59 days.)

01-Jul-16
for $3500 more you get 100 percent of all the stalks and all the guides attention, might be worth it, right now your at 50% of the action if you add a hunter

01-Jul-16
Zebrakiller - that is so true, but my hunting dollar is spread so thin right now.

June - Took my dad, wife, and 13-year-old daughter to Quebec for us to all hunt bear. (I paid for everything, but hunted with my daughter and never even touched my own bow. Totally worth it - She shot a nice boar with only minutes left of light on the last day. My 74-year-old dad shot one on the first day.)

Sept - The bear outfitter called and let us know that they have an cancellation/opening for archery moose, so my wife is going on her first solo (without me) moose hunt.

Oct. - I have an archery moose hunt in BC that I've planned/booked 2 years ago.

01-Jul-16
wish i could help ya out... i want to see alaska..

im headed to montana right after this trip, and vacation, money, and the divorce I would have to go through, wont allow me to do both

i hope it woeks out for you.. take a lone if u have to to cover the other 3k. like u said, wont be easier to make that hunt in the futre

good luck

01-Jul-16
Hey Nick, I can almost see Lake George from my office window! That pesky Mat and Pioneer Peak get in the way.

02-Jul-16
Who have you booked your moose hunt with. Looking for BC outfitter now for 2017

02-Jul-16
The only person more desperate than you is Jeremy:)

At this point he'll likely do the 2x1 price rather than not guiding anyone. Have a great hunt! C

• Sitka Gear