walking buffalo 23-Jun-16
iceman 23-Jun-16
BULELK1 24-Jun-16
LBshooter 24-Jun-16
OFFHNTN 24-Jun-16
HerdManager 24-Jun-16
23-Jun-16

iceman's Link
Wild Sheep Foundation shared this link on their facebook page. Incredible video from Kananaskis, Alberta.

23-Jun-16
wow - parents handled that well with their children I thought, kudos to them.

23-Jun-16
Wow is right!

23-Jun-16
That's insane video. Once-in-a-few-lifetimes.

Amazing how fast he broke the neck.

23-Jun-16
A different video, of a wolf taking down a sheep, was taken on the same stretch of road this spring. The highway does create an unnatural situation that benefits the wolves. The sheep come down for the minerals (salt) on the road and the fresh growth in the ditches. The wolves have a much easier time catching them as compared to the cliffy terrain not far from the road.

23-Jun-16
Thanks for posting!

23-Jun-16
"That's insane video. Once-in-a-few-lifetimes. Amazing how fast he broke the neck."

He didn't break it's neck. It was out of gas and he knocked it down into the ditch where it was so exhausted it couldn't get up. When he finally got it up to the top you can see the sheep up on it's feet struggling in the bushes and that wouldn't happen if it had a broken neck!

23-Jun-16
Ya what an experience. Agree though there was no neck broken. As they crest the hill the sheep lifts its head, and then when the wolf grabs it by the neck it is on its feet as he drags it into the bush.

23-Jun-16
In case you have qualms, like I do, watching or reading anything on Huffington.

A little taste of nature there kids eh...

23-Jun-16
Wow

23-Jun-16
I think I would of "accidentally" sped up and swerved into the breakdown lane for a few seconds until I heard a thump on my front bumper if no one was coming the other direction.

23-Jun-16
Sage Buffalo

That sheep displayed Tonic immobility when first knocked down by the wolf. He was Scared stiff.

23-Jun-16
Thanks, sitO. Not a Huff Post guy either.

Quinn - I agree!

24-Jun-16
Powerful animals these wolves

Thanks for the link

Good luck, Robb

24-Jun-16
Nature at work, very cool. What are the odds of seeing that interaction, and yes the parents did a great job explaining.

24-Jun-16
I would've had a very tough time sitting there watching that. Poor sheep.......#@&$%! wolf!

24-Jun-16
I can't get over how crazy-strong that wolf is, to drag that sheep up that hill that quickly. It probably weighs as much as the wolf.

• Sitka Gear