SteveB 05-Jul-16
Babine Guide 05-Jul-16
MQQSE 05-Jul-16
HuntingAdict 06-Jul-16
Cajunarcher 06-Jul-16
01-Jul-16

Babine Guide's embedded Photo
We have a spot available for 1 goat hunter starting Aug. 22 of this year. We never booked it because I had a prior obligation during this time slot that I'm now free from. It is an 8 day hunt. The cost is $8400 plus taxes, tags, NRHPF, and licenses. There is a $1000 kill fee on the goat. A black bear can be added to the hunt with a $1200 trophy fee. Fishing is included

01-Jul-16

01-Jul-16
This is a GREAT hunt guys. I've done it...twice.

02-Jul-16

Cajunarcher's embedded Photo
Cajunarcher's embedded Photo
I done it 2 years ago in that same time frame . Guys if u looking to go on a phenomenal hunt with best outfitting business I ever hunted with then jump on that hunt!!

02-Jul-16
what is a goat hunt like? what kind of terrain is faced? im assuming something like this is not for someone with anot so good relationship with heights?

ive been reading a lot of these threads and seems like some of the greatest scenery available?

02-Jul-16
"what is a goat hunt like? what kind of terrain is faced? im assuming something like this is not for someone with anot so good relationship with heights? ive been reading a lot of these threads and seems like some of the greatest scenery available?"

One of the best hunts available right here. The terrain is pristine but will test you at times. Babine will never put you in a position you're not comfortable with. Your fear of heights will ease the longer the hunt goes on. After a couple days it wont bother you at all.

Maybe Lloyd can confirm this but I'm assuming this is priced in CAD, so take another 25% or so off the price right now.

02-Jul-16
The price is in Canadian. The hunt does involve dealing with steep terrain and a lot of hiking. We won't go in a place that you're not comfortable with. Keeping that in mind, you have to go where the goats are in order to get a goat.

02-Jul-16

brettpsu's embedded Photo
brettpsu's embedded Photo
Hard to tell from this pic but this was from last year at the same time and he had pretty good hair already.

02-Jul-16

steff's embedded Photo
steff's embedded Photo
Can't go wrong here! I went in 2010. 1st day goat at 6-8 yds. Terrain is more hospitable than most goat hunts. This IS a good deal!

02-Jul-16

bowonly's Link
"What is a goat hunt like?" Check out the threads on Babine's hunts here on Bowsite. I've got one and so does Brett from this time last year.

02-Jul-16

kota-man's embedded Photo
#1. I agree with Steff. The terrain is not horrible for a goat hunt.

02-Jul-16

#2- This one died in a "tough spot" but rolled (with the help from Jack) about a thousand yards into more workable terrain.

02-Jul-16
arrrghhhhh, had ACL repair back in FEB and am in no shape to take advantage of this. Didn't draw any tags and plenty of vacation time. Fate is cruel!! I have been seriously considering booking a hunt for next year to give me time to train. Babine is one of three I would book with. Hunted goats in the Lee Metcalf Wilderness in the late 90's and was unsuccessful, swore I would go again but haven't drawn a tag anywhere and my window is shrinking as far as age is concerned.

02-Jul-16
That's a great deal for a goat hunt. If I was looking for a goat hunt I'd jump all over this offer.

02-Jul-16
Any idea what the cost of tags/licenses and other fees are? Thanks.

02-Jul-16
Goat tag, license, tax ect is around $900

03-Jul-16
No bush planes on this hunt. Weather can delay bush flights into hunting areas with precious days lost. Not good when going after them with a bow. Bush planes tend to increase prices.

The pack into the hunting area was not that bad. Hey, I was 63 years old and not the oldest they have taken!

03-Jul-16

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
AN OLD GOAT GETS AN OLD GOAT!

03-Jul-16
PM sent

03-Jul-16
The daily rate is the same as full price hunts it is just that this one is 8 vs 10 days. Just getting to go with this outfitter without a long wait is a great deal. Someone will do well on this trip for sure.

03-Jul-16
I'm ready.

03-Jul-16
Good luck and let us know how it goes, I'm sure you will have a great hunt!

04-Jul-16
wow I so wish to hunt with Them Daughter gets married in Sept, but I will do this hunt soon

04-Jul-16
You guys are a bad influence. I'm getting trigger finger ready to push the button on a goat hunt.

04-Jul-16
i believe that goat hunt is one of the most beautiful hunt of all. The landscape, the work, the environment around goats are just fantastic. Also they make a very nice mount!!!

04-Jul-16
Mule Power - just do it. :)

04-Jul-16
Life is short....write the check.

04-Jul-16
I think it's me. Fingers crossed and check ready to hit the mail tomorrow.

04-Jul-16
Good luck, MQQSE. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, because I am scheduled for a hike with my wife at the time, and it would take time to convince her to go at another time. Gonna just have to squirrel money away for another time and try to stay in shape, lol.

05-Jul-16
You guys posting pics are NOT HELPING me one bit!!

I leave September 8th in route for Babine and goats! Definitely looking forward to the trip.

05-Jul-16
This was a great deal in Canadian funds!

05-Jul-16
Sorry for not getting back to everyone right away. We had a about 6 people who wanted the hunt the first day that we posted it. I had to leave for a couple days and couldn't get back to everyone right away. I can say that the hunt has been filled by a friend of Cajunarcher

05-Jul-16
Dang! Thought I had it. Maybe next time.

06-Jul-16
I leave for that hunt Aug 2017 and I can't stop thinking about it! Good luck to whom ever booked it please let us know how it goes. Cajunarcher I believe we spoke prior to my booking, you should be getting paid commission!

06-Jul-16
Haha!! Yeah we did speak nick. You will have a great hunt there! Awesome place and even better people running operation .

• Sitka Gear