buckfevered 10-Jul-16
buckfevered 10-Jul-16
Bou'bound 11-Jul-16
foxwillkill 11-Jul-16
INbowdude 11-Jul-16
buckfevered 11-Jul-16
wraith8 11-Jul-16
08-Jul-16
Just arrived at Shiloh with my dad and two brothers. Dad, older brother Ed, and I are bow hunting, younger brother Brad is gun hunting. Try to keep you updated as best as can be.

08-Jul-16
hot there? good luck and enjoy! I'm envious

08-Jul-16
Excellent! I hope you can update live. Go get 'em! But, save some for me in Hogust!

08-Jul-16
All set. Orientation over, getting settled into the cabin. Hunt starts in a couple hours. Yeah, it's hot. Low 90's today but things look promising. I'm guessing at least a couple hogs hit the dirt tonight. I'll do my best to update from the stand. It's gotta be fun. Hunting with dad again and both my brothers. Brad mentioned that this will be the first time we have all four been hunting together in over 25 years. Boy how time flies.

08-Jul-16
Alrighty, in the stand. Feeder spins in a half hour. For those that know the stands, dad took 1a, Brad took 1, Ed is sitting in 5, and I choose 6 we have a 5-10 mph SE breeze so we should be set. By the way, did I mention it hot out! Sweating my but off.

08-Jul-16
Good luck! Watching this thread is goig to get me jacked! Going to be there the first weekend in August.

08-Jul-16
Pic wouldn't load. Will try later. 5:55 and just heard Brad the gun hunter shoot. I haven't seen any pigs yet but have heard some to my south and east. Had a doe whitetail in for almost an hour sucking up every kernal she could find. She's now beded 15 yards to my right (north).

08-Jul-16
6:35 and just saw my first pig. Decent sized boar. Circled down wind, caught my scent and trotted off. Gotten a little cloudy, but still hot.

08-Jul-16
It's pouring rain north of stonewall right now maybe yall will get some.

08-Jul-16
I see it on the radar. Looks like it might push me out of my stand. Hearing a lot of thunder.

08-Jul-16
Have fun Mike and tell the guys hi

08-Jul-16
Well, we'll, we'll. Evening 1 comes to a close. 3.for 4. Brad 80#, Dad's 115#, and Ed's was 128. All sows. Fun times but I am now the Lone Ranger. Grant, will do my friend.

08-Jul-16
That post is just a tease without pictures!

09-Jul-16
I don't have good enough service to get the pictures to load. I've tried several times with several pics and none will go through. Sorry, I know how bad that is.

09-Jul-16
Congratulations to Brad, Ed and Bill! Good shooting guys! It sure is nice to see you all getting to enjoy spending this time with your father. Now that the pressure is off, you have the place to yourself Mike. Good luck tomorrow!

09-Jul-16
Have fun Mike and good luck. Seems like you gave away all that first night mojo to dad

09-Jul-16
I'm saying. He took it all. 1st morning, second hunt. Very still morning. I picked stand 1 this morning as Brad had a lot of pigs around even after he shot his. Heard a lot moving around and a lot of grunting behind (west) in the twilight, but nothing sighted so far or I g is young, so time is on my side. (Forgive the typos as I do this without my glasses so can't tell what autocorrect put in)

09-Jul-16
So the morning ended up uneventful. Thunderstorms ran me off the stand at 7. Been hanging out in a ground blind since waiting on it to pass. Seemed to stay right over me for 2 hours now, hmmm, God trying to tell me something? Anyway, I don't guess the pigs llike the rain because have t seen any this morning. Guys back at the cabin say they are just getting up. Boy did they miss a beautiful morning

09-Jul-16
The pigs can root more easily with wet ground. When it rains, I try to be out there a lot......

I'd bet 7 will be good this evening if the wind is right. (hint..)

09-Jul-16
Keep at it! Killing one early is like shooting a limit of birds before lunch; sure seems fun, but what does a guy do with the rest of the day?

09-Jul-16
So true. They seem ant you back at camp. A lot of talk about sitting tonight with cameras in hand. Wouldn't you know it, sitting in 7 right now. Wind is calm for the most part. Supposed to be from the south but mild. A little swirly at the moment. We'll see!

09-Jul-16
Tonight is the night! Then you can sleep in tomorrow before rolling hom, perfect trip.

09-Jul-16
Tonight is the night! Then you can sleep in tomorrow before rolling hom, perfect trip.

09-Jul-16
5:50 had a nice 8 pt whitetail come in and feed for a bit. 6;10 a small black boar was working his way in. Just at the edge of the brush, a squirrel spooked and sent him running. About 10 min later, a piglet and two tone boat came in. The boar may have been 80 lbs but never stopped moving before snorting and running off. Swirling wind may have got me, hard to say. 1-1/2 to go, we'll see.

09-Jul-16
Good luck!

09-Jul-16
Evening ended with an arrow flying at a little after 8. Had two decent razorbacks come in and decided the one looked pretty good for me. Have to say, I have lost ALL my mojo. Pig is standing broadside at 14 yards. Getting settled, pick the spot, every thing as should be, squeeze trigger. At the squeeze, when arrow is just being dropped, I see the pie turn slightly toward me. Hit looked good as it hit where I wanted, but I believe he moved to quartering to. Complete pass through, but very little blood on the arrow. Found one small drop of blood about 20 yards from shot point. Gave up the search tonight but going back in the morning with reinforcements. Terrible way to end a great hunt, but still time for a positive outcome.

10-Jul-16
Sucks to stew overnight on that. Good luck with the search. Keep us posted.

10-Jul-16
Successful recover this morning. Found him about 150 yards to the SW of the shot. The blood had left the shot in a WNW direction, so we were searching in the wrong direction last night. Shot was as expected in that it angled back severely and came out low, just in front of the hind quarter.

I will post up some pics of everything as soon as we get where I can. Thanks to Matt, Cheryl, and ranch manager Colby for a great weekend hunt and family time. We had a fantastic time hunting and sitting around camp. Shot several hogs from stands and a lot of bull around camp. Fun times my friends, fun times.

10-Jul-16
Great to hear you got your pig! Sounds like a great trip for everyone.

10-Jul-16
Nothing better then hunting with family and friends! you guys had a good hunt! Shiloh is the best! Say hello to Matt and Cheryl for me.

10-Jul-16
Good job. I often see them run and then make one turn. Matt has those thermal binos that are amazing for finding pigs after dark.

10-Jul-16
What an awesome time we had. Matt and Cheryl have a great place set up and Colby is quite an asset for them. I really appreciated the air conditioned cabin, it would have been pretty uncomfortable without it.

As Mike already said, 3 of us killed out the first night, making it seem easy. Mike had to be the hold out and maximize his hunting time before shooting one and giving us all something to worry about overnight. It was quite a relief to hear him call out during our search this morning he'd found it.

I knew Oklahoma could be hot, and I thought we had some heat and humidity here in East central Missouri, but man, we've got nothing on Oklahoma. It was hot and humid just sitting in the shade in camp, but seemed worse in my stand. I pretty much forgot about the heat and humidity though after I heard, and saw, my first pigs. The storm brewing off to our North Friday evening helped a bit, too.

10-Jul-16

buckfevered's embedded Photo
Here is Brad's sow.

10-Jul-16

Ed's

10-Jul-16

Dad's

10-Jul-16

And finally, mine.

11-Jul-16
nice job guys! You are on a tear over the past month. The killin' clan!

11-Jul-16
Congrats, the three Hs are great. Heat,Humdity and HOGS!

11-Jul-16
Excellent! Congrats.

11-Jul-16
Amen to the three H's! To do the July hunt (because that's all I know about Shiloh) I would highly recommend you take a small towel to wipe the sweat as the evening goes by and bring a couple of those cool wraps to go around God neck. Grant, boy dad and Ed are, aren't they. Dad's asking what's next, he's ready to go.

11-Jul-16
foxwillkikk, you're right about them being great. The first two do take a back seat when you put hogs and family together for the trip. While the heat and humidity were oppressive, they became nothing more than an annoyance when offset by the great time we had with family. While the heat and humidity can make it really uncomfortable, it adds to the experience and increases the trophy factor to anything we bring home.

Grant, Mike's making it easy for us by setting us up with such great locations and outfitters. A lot of our success has be credited to his initiative and time on this site getting to know people and outfitters on here.

• Sitka Gear