Pistol P 21-Jul-16
IdyllwildArcher 21-Jul-16
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Jul-16
SDHNTR(home) 21-Jul-16
HuntEasy 21-Jul-16
Pistol P 21-Jul-16
19X 22-Jul-16
08-Jul-16
Who's going out tomorrow morning for the opener? Mendocino County has a high of 77' which is a welcomed cool off for opening day. Can't believe it's already here.... Good luck out there and post em up as you take em down!

08-Jul-16
Good luck tomorrow!!!

Just doesnt feel like A-Zone hunting if its not 100 degrees outside!!!!

08-Jul-16
Good luck guys ! I'll be there on 16th . First time hunting blacktails for me!

08-Jul-16
I did a couple days of it last year 2nd week just because I was Jones'ing so bad to deer hunt. I'm in AK for the next two weeks at work so I probably won't get any in till Aug 20.

Looking forward to seeing some BTs hit the ground though. It's always exciting to start seeing the meat pole threads go up after the long off season.

09-Jul-16
Good luck...

09-Jul-16
Good luck all. I was thinking about going but work got in my way!

17-Jul-16

Cola Blanca's embedded Photo
Cola Blanca's embedded Photo
July 14th 5pm spot and stalk Mendocino county. 100 degrees...

17-Jul-16
Congrats cola! Well done... Pm sent

18-Jul-16
Congrats, just spent 2 days above Ojai in 90 degree heat. Deer weren't movin at all. Got one stalk in, closed to about 150 yards. Its like walkin on corn flakes and getting stabbed by every plant. Brutal country.

18-Jul-16
Congratulations!! Deer in July, who'da thunk it??

18-Jul-16
Cola Blanca I would say that's a Cola Negra!

18-Jul-16
Heh heh might have to think about changing my handle :-)

18-Jul-16
Congrats, he will be a tasty one!

20-Jul-16
Outstanding.

20-Jul-16
Nice Mendo buck! Great place to bowhunt for blacktail. Congrats

21-Jul-16

Pistol P's embedded Photo
Pistol P's embedded Photo
Nice Blackie! I too got lucky. On July 13th I decided the itch to go hunt a local public spot one evening was to strong to ignore. After chasing Midwest whitetails most of my life after a move out west I've pursed a chance at a blacktail for the past 3 years. I hunt a small public land strip not 45 min from my home. On around 6pm I decided I'd do a still hunt last hour of light. With my good buddy with me we slowly walked a dry Creek bed hoping to spot a legal buck. With about 45 minutes of the hunt remaining we spot a doe heading down the same trail were traveling. We settle in 20 yards upwind of the trail. The fat does passes by, my friend "Houston" then eagerly taps me saying buck buck. As he approaches I hear Houston informing me the distances. When the buck hits 15 yards I decided next chance I will draw. I draw my bow undetected by the buck, find my anchor settle the pin and let her eat. While the shot wasn't perfect lung was hit. After a long wait and difficult blood trail due to the head high grass I finally got my hands on a archery blacktail. While he is by no meansuch the biggest deer I've been able to take he is by far my greatest archery accomplishment. And to top it off to my good friend was there to enjoy it with me.

21-Jul-16
Grats Pistol P

21-Jul-16
Congrats guys, way to get after it...

21-Jul-16
Congrats! Nice buck, but I gotta ask... Coleman Houston?

21-Jul-16

HuntEasy's embedded Photo
HuntEasy's embedded Photo
This just showed up on my cam 80 yards from my tree stand, Mendocino County. Time to handle biz!

21-Jul-16
Thank you and not coleman...damn EZ not to like that walking around. I shot a dandy last year with rifle but that buck you got there is a smoker...go getem

22-Jul-16
Just spent 3 days hunting at Vandenberg AF Base. No legal bucks to shoot. Looks like the drought and mountain lions have taken there toll. My first time there but apparently it was the spot to go a couple of years ago. Only 2 Forkies reported this year for Archery season.

• Sitka Gear