IdyllwildArcher 14-Jul-16
pirogue 14-Jul-16
NvaGvUp 16-Jul-16
wildwilderness 16-Jul-16
StickFlicker 18-Jul-16
hunting dad 18-Jul-16
12-Jul-16
This morning I received an e-mail from the AZ DFG titled "Verify Your Account."

It looked legit as all they were asking for was for me to confirm my e-mail address.

I've never before received such an e-mail from the AZ DFG, and with the sheep draw results about to be made available, the timing of this has me wondering.

Did anyone else get such an e-mail this morning?

12-Jul-16
Nothing here either as far as emails from AZ go. I have not had a cc hit either . good luck i would be wondering to ?

12-Jul-16
Sounds nigerian

12-Jul-16
Nope,

It clearly came from the AZ DFG website.

If it had come from Nigeria, it would have wanted me to verify my credit card number.

It didn't.

12-Jul-16
You probably drew another sheep tag!

12-Jul-16
First off its

AZ GFD not the AZ DFG

and I haven't seen anything like that.

12-Jul-16

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
What Gobbler said!

(I hope!)

12-Jul-16
Look at the msg properties and you'll see where it's from, or you could just call.

12-Jul-16
They hit my buddies credit card, so it looks like were hunting the Kaibab!

13-Jul-16
Yes, now that I see it I did receive the same email when I registered my account. I got mine within minutes of registering though. Maybe heavy traffic with fall draw results coming soon.

13-Jul-16
Looks to me like you just recently signed-up for the portal, and this is like many sites that when you sign-up online, you must finalize the process by clicking on an email. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual draw, just your portal account.

13-Jul-16
Yep, did mine about three months ago. Welcome to the brotherhood!

13-Jul-16
Agree....that's the standard verification email they send when you sign up for a portal account. Got the same email a couple months ago after signing up.

13-Jul-16
I've been on the AZFGD website for years. That's another reason it surprised me.

13-Jul-16
This account activation is something new this year. Their system already has information on you from previous applications, but they are reworking this system to go through individual accounts. It allows you to quickly check all your previous applications/ results, points and payment info. They could have explained it better I think.

13-Jul-16
Thanks. That explains it.

14-Jul-16
I only applied for Sheep and North Rim deer, so I guess my credit cards are safe from further abuse at the hands of at least one government agency! Oh wait...in this instance that's a bad thing....

14-Jul-16
I did Point Only for deer, but an AZ Sheep tag would make my year!

14-Jul-16
An AZ sheep tag would make just about anyone's year :)

14-Jul-16
My cc was hit a few days ago for the deer amount, so guess I'm going to the strip.

16-Jul-16
Good news.

I see that the draw status page has gone from 60% complete to 80% complete.

16-Jul-16
Is there any chance they move the deer draw to the same as the Elk/Antelope?

With the archery tags it makes it a little tough with the hunt starting less than a month after the results are posted!

18-Jul-16
I don't think that it would change the three different draw system to do as ww suggested, it would just move the one species to a different one of the three.

I don't think they want to overwhelm any of the three draw periods with too many species. There had been discussion of moving just the archery deer to the E/A draw, and leave the firearms in the current draw, but that would allow archers the chance to apply again in the rifle draw if they weren't successful in archery, and some balked at that. I really don't think many bowhunters that are applying for those hard to draw archery tags converting to rifle in the next draw, but who knows.

18-Jul-16
Marvin,I don't understand where they get some of those trains of thought. They eliminated the waiting period for elk because they said the previous years tag holders didn't skew the draw odds enough to worry about it. There are way less draw tags for archery deer. Even if every applicant reapplied for a firearm tag,the odds wouldn't change much. You'd think they would like all those $13 bills they generate.

• Sitka Gear