Bou'bound 03-Aug-16
Trial153 03-Aug-16
Fuzzy 03-Aug-16
Trial153 03-Aug-16
KTH 04-Aug-16
bb 04-Aug-16
Trial153 05-Aug-16
03-Aug-16
Any recommendations for restaurants in North Sydney fairly close to the ferry terminal? How about in Deer Lake? Thank in advance for you help.

03-Aug-16
Have been to the island six times but always ate at a small truck stop just before crossing over the channel to Cape Breton island. Food was very good there but also extremely busy. North Sydney is not a large community and there are some places to eat. The ferry terminal used to have a cafeteria there that was decent but they re-did the terminal and no one wanted the contract.

03-Aug-16
A place in deer lake is a log cabin looking building on the right hand side of road not far from the DL motel. Pretty good burgers and chicken. Some monster caribou mounts in it. The guy who took most of them is famous on the island for big caribou kills.

you won't be enjoying fine dining in either town.............but that is not why you are there.

who are you hunting with out of DL, MVO by chance?

03-Aug-16
I ate at the place 'bou speaks of in Deer Lake. Pretty cool place and the food was decent.

03-Aug-16
Yes my father and I are hunting with MVO we will be there for the week of OCT 2.

I will check out the log cabin place in deer lake for sure.

03-Aug-16
That's a great week. dean will have you well cared for. been there 6 times. he is great.

03-Aug-16
Bou, that's good to hear. We are looking foward to it

03-Aug-16
There's a little diner in the little town next to North Sydney, (I think "Old North Sydney" or "Old Sydney" that has great "home cooking" type food, it's right up from the Courthouse

03-Aug-16
Thanks Fuzz

04-Aug-16
Enjoy brown gravy on your fries.

04-Aug-16
If you are there early enough in the season, I believe Sept. Qualifies, try the Badeck lobster restaurant in the town of Badeck on Cape Breton. That's worth the stop, also just over the seal Island bridge, about 15minutes or so from North Sydney is the Cedar restaurant which is another good stop. Nothing I would write home about between The Ferry and Gander.

05-Aug-16
thank you everyone!

• Sitka Gear