writer 12-Aug-16
Worthless 12-Aug-16
writer 13-Aug-16
Worthless 13-Aug-16
Skippy 13-Aug-16
08-Aug-16

Worthless's embedded Photo
Just got back from our first trip to Shiloh Ranch. Had an absolute blast. Anywhere I walked, there were hogs.

Started out Friday night in a ground blind at #1 with the wife who had been practicing all summer with the hope of getting her first animal with her bow. Not 5 minutes after the feeder went off, 4 good pigs came in. Brooke took the opportunity and stuck her pig. Little high and back, didn't bleed much but with the help of Colby, Matt, Cheryl and Kai we found it. The wife then went into freak out mode.

Saw tons the next AM walking in and out of 7. None were willing to come join though.

The next evening I was on my own, up a ladder stand on #2. The wind was swirling on hogs were busting me every time. Finally 4 pigs came in but busted before I could get a shot. At long last two small guys came in and looked just right for a whole hog on the Traeger. Plus they were broadside so.....

The next day we were back on the road to South Dakota, though we did have to make a stop at the best fast food place on earth!

08-Aug-16

08-Aug-16

08-Aug-16

08-Aug-16

08-Aug-16

09-Aug-16

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
We sure enjoyed having you guys. To say Brooke was exited is the understatement of the year! :>) We love people who show genuine enthusiasm. Glad to have you guys as part of our Shiloh family!

P.S. Kai says thanks for the opportunity to help! ;-)

Matt & Cheryl

09-Aug-16
Very cool...congrats

09-Aug-16
Awesome! It's a wonderful place to make family memories! Thanks for sharing your story!

10-Aug-16
Thank you SO much Cheryl, Matt, Kai & Colby! It was a great trip and we look forward to setting our next hunt. I took my hog to be processed yesterday and am getting breakfast sausage, brats, pickled sausage, chops, and ham all done up. I'm even having them hamburger a pound so I can use it, and a pound of white tail, to make wild game chili... Should be interesting :) Y'all take care and THANK YOU, again!

PS I LOVE this picture Cheryl... It makes me giggle thinking about how you put your hand on the hog and thought it was my knee... I'm not European ;)

10-Aug-16
Awesome! More members of HAM (Hogaholics Anonymous Members)

Sounds like a lot of good eating and grilling going on!

Hamicus

10-Aug-16
love that place :)

12-Aug-16
Hey Cheryl, what's that orange thing on your belt? :-)

12-Aug-16
That's a Garvin Astro or Alpha; basically a tracking collar (or a tracking and training collar)

12-Aug-16
Lol Brooke! What's funny is that my brain didn't tell me that I was bearing my weight on your leg, but that your leg was hairy! What a fun night that was for all of us!

Yeah, yeah Michael...I've gotten lazy. What can I say? I have to admit that it is nice knowing where she is at all times. Although I do tend to panic more when I see her standing still. Even when the hog's dead, she does a little dance in circles around it, so if she's not moving it's usually not good. I can't tell you how many times I sprinted to get to her only to catch her relieving herself.

13-Aug-16
You're going to panic no matter what, every time Kai goes on a trail...it's what we do best.

At least you know where she's not moving, as compared to some of the runs with Sage.

13-Aug-16
I have a Garmin Alpha for the bird dogs, it bring great peace of mine

13-Aug-16
Always a great time at Shiloh, thanks for sharing.

• Sitka Gear