Frank Noska 30-Mar-17
Matt 30-Mar-17
pointingdogs 31-Mar-17
Treeline 31-Mar-17
MoosePMed 31-Mar-17
DECOY 25-Sep-23
smarba 25-Sep-23
13-Aug-16
I have my first archery AZ antelope hunt coming up and was hoping to get some opinions/reviews of the "be the decoy" antelope hat and shirt. Does it work? And what are some of the most effective stragies? Any other pointers on hunting antelope in the white mountains of Arizona would be great! Thanks!

13-Aug-16
I've looked these for years still haven't bought one.

13-Aug-16
just hope you don't get near a drunk with a gun and bad eye sight.

14-Aug-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
To me this makes a lot more sense! New Bowsite Sponsor!

14-Aug-16
Look up Randy Newberg's hunting shows on Youtube, On Your Own Adventures and Fresh Tracks, he uses the hat and shirt.

14-Aug-16
I might have to give the bow mounted decoy a shot as well!I've been watching Randy's videos and that is one of the reasons I am considering buying the hat and shirt for this hunt. I have a full 2 weeks. So, I have time to try a few different tactics. Thanks for your thoughts!

14-Aug-16
I have the hat and shirt. I don't go spot and stalk without the hat! Very effective.

15-Aug-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
You also need to consider how light weight and pack able your decoy is. The Ultimate Predator Gear decoys weighs about 10 OZ's.

16-Aug-16
"just hope you don't get near a drunk with a gun and bad eye sight."

I'm much more worried about a drunk with a steering wheel in his hands.

16-Aug-16
I bought them, but just can't bring myself to use them.

30-Mar-17
I like the hat! Haven't used the shirt though

30-Mar-17
I bought it as a Halloween costume for last year. 2 birds, 1 stone :)

30-Mar-17
I went to the website, looks pretty hoaky, maybe for Halloween. My fear would also be that the hat would not fit my big head. I would look to the bow mounted decoy.

30-Mar-17
Haven't used their model but my homemade muley and elk hats and similar colored tops are GOLDEN. Only problem is in getting bucks and bulls too close. I'm sure their pronghorn outfit would work great.

30-Mar-17
I've used the mule deer hat before. You only look stupid if you don't kill anything:)

30-Mar-17
My wife and I used them in SK a few years ago. They work! And you get to laugh at each other a lot when wearing them. I almost got run over by a buck. He came so fast when I peeked over a hill that I had zero time to get an arrow on the string.

30-Mar-17

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
They work.

30-Mar-17
This is the Ultimate Predator bow-mounted model

Good luck!

30-Mar-17
Great buck and photo Treeline. So much fun hunting them in the rut!

30-Mar-17

Charlie Rehor's Link
Here's the link. Bowsite sponsor!

30-Mar-17
Treeline, is that you with a compound bow in your hand?

30-Mar-17
I haven't used the UP product, but think it would be problematic in the wind that is prevalent in so much of pronghorn country.

31-Mar-17
OOPS, see this thread was from last August :)

I have used the "Be the Decoy". Successful both times that I used the hat and shirt. First time it was on the 8th spot and stalk. They are a "total rush" to use. As you use the system you will learn that all antelope act different. Some are skidish and some just ignore you (a good thing). Start by learning how the one you are stalking is reacting. Most of the time I go slow and act like I am grazing. I also carry a short stick and sometimes "paw" the ground to work up some dust. Sometimes a head bob or posturing if I want to get the bucks attention. I go "really slow"... 2-3 feet at a time as I crawl. Remember you want to "act like an antelope". Some will walk away others will walk towards you. Does seem more likely to be calm and will check you out. Both that I harvested were at 33 - 45 yards. That seems to be the antelopes comfort range. I like the outfit because it's "hands free"... nothing to carry around that's awkward.

31-Mar-17
No, Frank! That was a buddy from Peru.

31-Mar-17
Treeline, that's an AWESOME picture. Thanks for Sharing it!

Matt, we've had a lot of goats taken with the decoy so far, both with compound and trad gear.

If you're in a 40mph wind, you're going to feel it. But, you probably aren't going to be hunting so much as seeking shelter. LOL. The decoy actually has just the right amount of "give" to it, where it really doesn't affect the bow in light, normal winds. I've personally watched a guy shooting in 20mph winds and gusts to 25. I was watching to see what the bow would do. I couldn't tell any noticeable fight, and he said there was no real effect. His shots were still on point.

Luke @ Ultimate Predator.

25-Sep-23
I am looking for a be the decoy antelope hat cant find them online if anyone wants to part ways with one or know where to buy them would be great!?

25-Sep-23
Check your PM

• Sitka Gear