Fuzzy 18-Aug-16
SteveB 18-Aug-16
INbowdude 18-Aug-16
PatlefemineJr. 19-Aug-16
17-Aug-16

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
I mean kids, not hogs...

Eleven years ago we were blessed with the opportunity to host a hunt for the Lefemine family, where their oldest son Pat killed his first big game animal with a bow. I think this was just as exciting for us as it was for them!

Well, this week Pat came back down with his girlfriend Abby in the hopes that she would do the same. Just as their hunt began, Pat's mother Julie posted this memory on our Facebook page. I have to admit, that this is what my brain told me that the boys still look like (and you too Julie! We don't get older...just smarter, right?!)

Here's who I was expecting to pull up in our driveway Sunday...

17-Aug-16

Imagine our surprise when we went over to the guest house and met two adults! We were excited to get orientation out of the way so the "kids" could get out hunting. Abby was going to shoot first, so we waited for a text telling us she had taken a shot. It wasn't long after they had made the trek out to stand three that we got a text that they had a hog down! Abby had made her first bowkill on a big game animal! We were able to take some pictures and get the hog back to camp well before dark, which is a rare occurrence around here.

Here's a pic of the kids with Abby's hog. Congratulations Abby!

17-Aug-16

Here's another pic of the hog hanging back at camp.

17-Aug-16

The wind didn't cooperate for them yesterday evening, and they got busted over and over and over again. They had several groups try to come in, but then they'd get that telltale growl and off they'd go. Thankfully, they were a little more cooperative. It was barely light enough to shoot when this hog came in with one other, allowing Pat to put some more pork in the cooler. Congratulations Pat!

They're packing up for the long drive home now, but hopefully they'll be back again before we get too much older! Thanks for making some more great memories for us. Next time, make sure you bring the rest of your family down too. :)

17-Aug-16
Awesome!

17-Aug-16
Now that's a nice couple of pics. Congrats kids, or should I say adults:)

17-Aug-16
Wow, handsome fella, he sure got his looks from his momma...lol

17-Aug-16
Way to go Pat and Abby!!!! Awesome....

17-Aug-16
Congrats! Another great story of Shiloh Ranch fun!

17-Aug-16
The circle of life! So cool!

17-Aug-16
Awesome. Forrest

17-Aug-16
Congrats Pat and Abby ! You raised him right Dad !

17-Aug-16
Wohoooooo! Congrats to all on a great family memory maker!

Mark

17-Aug-16
Very cool!

17-Aug-16
Congrats Abby and Pat! P.S. Nice hat Abby!

18-Aug-16
Good Deal

18-Aug-16
I still remember the "high-five" moment between Nick and Pat Jr, when Nick shot his first hog at MHH, instant bonding, and what a fine young man, y'all did good with those boys.

18-Aug-16
Congratulations all the way around! Glad to know there are still such wonderful people in the world!

18-Aug-16
Another HAM member! Congrats!

19-Aug-16

PatlefemineJr.'s embedded Photo
PatlefemineJr.'s embedded Photo
A big thank you to Matt and Cheryl. I've been wanting to come back to Shiloh Ranch since I left when I was 11 years old. Coming back to Shiloh brought back so many great memories.Since we have got back it has been all me and Abby have talked about. We weren't 3 hours into our trip home before we talked about coming back the next time. I'm very grateful to have been able to come back and experience shiloh ranch again. Abby is absolutely hooked now and already talking about the upcoming deer season. Can't wait for the next Shiloh trip! Pat

• Sitka Gear