Stycks 21-Aug-16
Wholaverj 07-Sep-16
PAstringking 07-Sep-16
DG2 10-Sep-16
delta 10-Sep-16
DG2 11-Sep-16
delta 11-Sep-16
21-Aug-16
Has anyone had any a pig hunt with Okeechobee Outfitters ? I am thinking about booking with them for a late Sept. hunt

21-Aug-16
There was another thread similar to this, some negative feedback..... Many recommend Osceola Outfitters.

21-Aug-16
Lots of outfitters in the okeechobee area, I lived in okeechobee for 3 years just depends on how you want to hunt. I have hunted with about 6 outfitters from Ft. Meyers, Arcadia, okeechobee, Belle Glades, Punta Gorda if you have questions.

07-Sep-16
I've been thinking of going with Triple M Outfitters Unlimited in the Spring of 2017. Give them a look. If you decide to go with them, let me know. Awesome reviews from what I've seen.

07-Sep-16
Triple M are great people.

10-Sep-16
I bowhunted there two years ago (gator+hog combo) and I would go there again. Hog hunt was treestand + stalking.

It was my first FL hog hunt so I cannot compare it to anything. But yes there many outfitters in that area.

10-Sep-16
Was your hunt successful ?

11-Sep-16
Well kind of successfully in the sense that I had a quite many shot opportunities. I missed twice (bows lower limb hit treestand + while stalking one quick rushed shot over the boar). From treestand I saw many but they were usually 20-30+ yards away.

I stalked one big boar and from my knees took good shot from super close (1.5 yard or so), but unfortunately that one ran into swamp area and we could not follow the bloodtrail more than 50 yards. I was hunting with a trad bow and penetration was not good enough considering the angle. With my compound that arrow would surely have pushed through even though hit was not ideal. But anyways some big gator got a good lunch.

11-Sep-16
Thanks DG2 .that info is helpful .

• Sitka Gear