buc i 313 30-Aug-16
buc i 313 30-Aug-16
Quailhunter 31-Aug-16
spikehorn 31-Aug-16
kentuckbowhnter 31-Aug-16
SJJ 31-Aug-16
Quailhunter 31-Aug-16
30-Aug-16
I own six Muddy Hunter treestands. I recently attempted to contact them regarding a replacement seat for one that was worn out. I was sent a link to Big Game Treestands and told maybe one of their seats would fit and sorry that they can't replace it. I tried to call. No dice, you have to leave a message with your problem. You cannot talk to a human when you call their customer service. Every option is a dead end.

Apparently Muddy is now owned by Mainstream Holdings who also operates Big Game and API.

I am waiting for a response regarding the free strap replacement after three years. That was well advertised when I bought the stands. I put a lot of thought into the purchase when I got these and am not happy at all with the lack of customer support.

They even advertise the "Outfitter" stand on their site with an identical seat but will not sell me one.

There is a long recording stating they can not send replacements for ANY parts for their stands and that they should be returned to the store. Call 877-745-7723 and listen for yourself. If you have a bunch of muddy stands like I do.....good luck. Worst customer service I've seen from a company and I know this is recent because I spoke with them on the phone when I bought these three years ago.

30-Aug-16
It's a shame all these company's sell to a larger company. I'm tired of seeing all the chains as you don't get the mom and pop experience anymore. On an opposite note I bought a new CVA muzzleloader and when I went to tighten my scope ring down it snapped in half. I looked up CVA's number and found that they are owned by a company in Georgia. I barely got done telling the guy that it broke and he said what's your name and address. I gave it to him and less than 5 days later they not only sent me the ring but the whole mount base and all. Now that's customer service!

30-Aug-16
I don't expect much and I understand companies change hands but good grief. They're still selling stands with that exact cushion!

30-Aug-16

XMan's Link
Quailhunter,

Not sure if this helps you or not but check out this link, they sell a few different replacement seats.

I did notice this past year that muddy's stands look different and have some characteristics of big game stands. Its too bad because they had great stands and now we can all anticipate a serious decline in quality.

I just bought 5 of the XOP hangon stands, they look great now I just have to see how they hold up.

XMan

30-Aug-16

tacklebox's Link
Try these guys ;)

30-Aug-16
Thanks XMan.....I'm sure I can make one work. One of those is closer than any of the big game seats.

30-Aug-16
Awesome tackle box!

30-Aug-16
I you return a stand to the store I bet your out the stand and money for it as it will vanish in the mail, I bet you can get it made better ten the original was. or reclothed

30-Aug-16
Yea you're right. I'm better off just buying one of these aftermarket seats. I just want everyone to be aware that this company "Muddy" is not what it was just a couple of years ago and if you need a part for a stand, you're hosed.

Still nice stands but I'd like to think that I can get a part replaced if necessary.

30-Aug-16
Yes getting sold was the beginning of the end

30-Aug-16
I contacted "Muddy" recently to request a replacement strap.

The lady I spoke to at "Muddy" told me they no longer offer replacement stand straps. There is a new owner of the company and they will not be replacing (honoring) the strap replacement policy.

HOWEVER, if I wish to replace it I could find it for sale at Bass Pro.

Personally love my "Muddy" but is my last.

J M H O,

If you purchase a company you should purchase it "lock stock and barrel" this includes warranties.

The goodwill and attrition will overcome the negative's for the company.

30-Aug-16
I contacted "Muddy" recently to request a replacement strap.

The lady I spoke to at "Muddy" told me they no longer offer replacement stand straps. There is a new owner of the company and they will not be replacing (honoring) the strap replacement policy.

HOWEVER, if I wish to replace it I could find it for sale at Bass Pro.

Personally love my "Muddy" but is my last.

J M H O,

If you purchase a company you should purchase it "lock stock and barrel" this includes warranties.

The goodwill and attrition will overcome the negative's for the company.

31-Aug-16
I knew it. Haven't heard back on the straps yet but now I know what their answer will be. Bad thing is that they have that loop sewn into the ends of those straps to attach to that knob on the frame. Regular hooks on a strap wouldn't work.

Sounds like they'll phase out the original Muddy stuff. I registered and filled out forms for the straps. Still have the form. They should stand by this.

I think I'll put this on stick bow and trad gang so the word will get out a little bit. These stands are still being sold everywhere and if you buy older stock you'll think you can replace items due to older paperwork in boxes.

31-Aug-16
Wonderful ...

Luckily I got a replacement strap last year about this time. It's too bad, it's a nice stand.

31-Aug-16
oldest trick in the corporate playbook. abu garcia sold out to pure fishing and they immediately stopped honoring the lifetime guarantee on their ambassador fishing reels. lifetime guarantees are only as good as the lifetime of the what the company decides the lifetime is.

31-Aug-16
I never sit...ha...true

31-Aug-16
Here's the official word I got from the today.....

Aaron, I know our design team is working on getting some additional replacement cushion options available for the Muddy products, they just won’t be available until next year. So the Big Game ground seats that we have are the only ones we have available at this time. I would recommend the Standard Seat Cushion as the best option for your Hunter stand http://www.biggametreestands.com/product/standard-seat-cushion/. The cushion is a little wider than the seat frame on the Hunter, but should still work. Then if you are interested in checking back with us next year, to see if we have some more compatible seat options from Muddy, I could offer you 30% off an online purchase from www.gomuddy.com. The coupon wouldn’t expire so you could use it towards a purchase now, or save it for a seat when we have more options.

Also, we do not have the same 3 year strap replacement policy as was previously offered by the prior manufacturers of Muddy. Please let me know if you would be interested in the discount, and I will get you setup with a coupon code. Let me know if you have additional questions.

• Sitka Gear