ScottTigert 28-Sep-16
Shug 28-Sep-16
Russell 02-Oct-16
YZF-88 02-Oct-16
YZF-88 02-Oct-16
YZF-88 02-Oct-16
Flynarrow 02-Oct-16
12-Sep-16
I was curious what people do while stalking antelope, or any game for that matter with their binoculars and range finder so the don't bang together and are accessible. For example binoculars around neck with Crooked horn strap and rangefinder in shirt pocket. Or binoculars in a chest case and range finder on a tether on belt. Or rangefinder in a shirt pocket and compact binoculars in thigh pocket of pants. It is a problem as far as accessibility, noisy banging of the devices, and dust on the lenses. Thanks, interested in figuring out the best method.

12-Sep-16
I used to put my range finder on a normal neck strap and put it in my pocket on my shirt, but my new shirt lacks the pocket. So I started taking off my binos (that are on a cheap vortex harness) and putting them in my pack when I stalk. There's some nice looking harnesses that have a pocket for your range finder now I think they're one of the best options for both.

12-Sep-16
Long ago I gave up on separate units because of the clutter/clatter factor. The combo bino-RF units from Europe are too steep for me, but the Bushnell unit, which doesn't cost much more than a decent bino and separate RF, has worked great these last five years.

12-Sep-16
I bought a kuiu bio harness and attached a S4Gear EVO to the elastic on side of harness. This allows both to be readily assailable. The range finder is on a tether that does not move or make any noise. It has worked very well for me.

12-Sep-16
I just bought an Alaskan Guide Creations CUB Max. It has a separate compartment with a tether cord for the rangefinder. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it looks like it will work for me.

12-Sep-16

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
Range snap.

13-Sep-16
KUIU bino harness with a Leupy range finder in the side pocket and the RF cord around my neck...no movement of either.

Mark

13-Sep-16
I am different. I wear my range finder looped around my belt loop and have a long enough string to reach my face. I store it in my pant leg pocket. Then if in a hurry I can just drop it to shoot.

13-Sep-16
Dave, It has two...one on each side. they are a tight mesh with elastic on the top to keep the contents in the side pockets.

I had my local seamstress lady then sew in a third pocket on the bottom of the bino case for scent checker.

it takes a small RF to fit in there but it is held tight and secure and yet very easily accessible in the heat of the moment with minimal movement (about 6" up to my eye).

Mark

27-Sep-16
After I lost 2 range finders while stocking mule deer I tied a 12-16" piece of orange parachute cord to my rangefinder with a large snap swivel on the other end.

When I am elk hunting I wear the case on my day pack belt and anchor the snap swivel to a buckle on my pack shoulder strap.

If I choose to not wear my pack or am whitetail hunting I put the rangefinder case on my belt and attach the snap swivel to my bino system strap below the binoculars.

For me this works great, its out of the way of my bow when at full draw, doesnt interfere with my bino's, and if I'm focused on an animal and dont slip it back into the case right I won't drop it and loose it.

27-Sep-16

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
This setup has worked for three plus years without any problems.

New bino case.

Nice to tuck rangefinder in pocket or under strap when moving if necessary. Easy to disconnect and use solo too.

27-Sep-16
My range finder has a clip on the side of it and I clip it to a belt. I take the neck string and loop it around the bino harness above the plastic strap adjustment. When I need the RF in a hurry I can pull it from my belt take my reading and let in drop to the end of the string for a shot. Works for me.

27-Sep-16

Bake's Link
I tried something new this year.

A Kuiu bino harness (which I really like), and an FHF rangefinder pouch on my right side of the bino pouch. Used with a tether also sold by FHF.

I really liked this system when I used in AFrica this year. Protected my optics when crawling, didn't bounch, and I didn't worry about losing my rangefinder

When I elk hunted this year, I added a GPS pouch to the left side of the bino pouch, also from FHF, and also with a tether.

Much easier than wearing on my belt or keeping in a pocket. a LOT more accessible

Bake

27-Sep-16
"Kuius bino harness doesn't have a side pocket"

It has 2...

27-Sep-16

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
2 in 1 8x mono w great optics and range finder fit in regular chest bino straps

27-Sep-16
If you do a search here there was a guy who 3d printed a little gizmo that held the range finder on the chest straps of the binoculars. I got one from him and it works great.

TMBB

27-Sep-16

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Leupy rangefinder comes with belt holster I just put it on my AGC side snap as the "belt."

27-Sep-16
Binos on chest.

Rangefinder on key retractor on belt.

27-Sep-16
I use the same program as Bake.

KUIU bino harness with the FHF rangefinder case on my right side. I have parachord tied to mine so I don't lose it.

Bake, what size FHF lanyard did you go with? I see they come in two sizes, I'm guessing the short?

27-Sep-16
I agree with snapcrack; Range Snap is inexpensive and works great

27-Sep-16
Huntmaster. . . I've used both. I think the short works better than the long, with use along the chest.

If I kept them on my belt, then I think the long would work better

Bake

27-Sep-16
I've gone crazy simple.

I looped paracord thru rangefinder at proper length (pretty short, like 6-8") and put a small caribeaner on the end of the loop.

When wearing backpack, I clip the beaner around my right shoulder strap webbing, which puts the rangefinder close at hand and quick to put up to eye (simplified Range Strap, I guess). If for some reason I need to limit the rangefinder moving around I either tuck it under my shoulder strap, or toss it behind my head.

If I take off my pack for a stalk I just unclip and hook the beaner directly onto the neck of my shirt/jacket, which puts it in the same relative location.

27-Sep-16
Mark,

Do you have a picture of your setup? My Leopold range finder is just a hair too big for the elastic side pocket on my kuiu.

I'm waiting for my wife,who is amazing at anything involving sewing, to take a look and modify it.

27-Sep-16
Kevin - couldn't you do like I did above and simply use the "holster" supplied with the RF and use it on the strap that comes around your ribs on the Kuiu harness?

28-Sep-16
Hey APauls,

I guess I could, but I was looking for less moving parts and an all in one case.

28-Sep-16
Like someone else mentioned above, I run a Kuiu bino harness with an FHF rangefinder pouch and tether on the side. It works perfect for my needs.

28-Sep-16
Alaska Guide Creations Cub Max Range finder in the front pocket Calls in one side pocket Windicator in the other side pocket License in the against the chest zipper pouch It's not nearly as cumbersome as it may look. Only a little bigger than the KISS pouch Really a nice find. Thanks Kota Man

28-Sep-16
I use the Sitka bino pouch for binos...on the rangefinder I double side tape a meta clip then bungee from sitka case to range finder. Also the end of the bungee at the range finder has a quick release clip....I'll attach photos when I leave the Drs office to schedule my shoulder surgery.... luck me....

02-Oct-16
Coyote hunting yesterday and got tired of my rangefinder bouncing around. Ordered a FHF rangefinder pouch and short lanyard.

02-Oct-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I put a lot of miles on stalking deer and elk this year. The holster I designed and 3d printed worked awesome. Minimal movement required, secure and it always stayed clean.

02-Oct-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

02-Oct-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

02-Oct-16

Flynarrow's embedded Photo
Flynarrow's embedded Photo
KUIU bino harness with a retractable tether I picked up at a scuba shop, Gear Keeper, attached with a carabiner. Also wrapped RF in mole skin felt.

• Sitka Gear