Moultrie Mobile
7 WY deer points. Need advice
Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
BullSac 18-Sep-16
Junior 18-Sep-16
BullSac 18-Sep-16
18-Sep-16
I will have seven Wyoming deer points next year. I'd like to couple this with a general elk tag, assuming I can draw it with one point in the special. Anyone have any areas in mind where seven points would be well used, with an overlapping general elk season ? I'll probably have about 20 days to be in the mountains. My normal elk stomping grounds of 13/21 just doesn't have the deer numbers/quality they once did, and I have been saving up points for a better unit anyway. Thanks in advance.

Keven

18-Sep-16
G or H for the deer definitely. Choose the elk accoradently. Be bear aware is my 2 cents. We have 8 points for deer and may wait a few years, but I'm sure that's where applying.

18-Sep-16
Thanks JR, G or H is what I was thinking. I probably have 1 more point than needed for a 2017 G tag, assuming it creeps up a little. And I could probably wrangle up a few people to share my points for H. Anyone who was in either area this year shed some light on deer numbers? I'm far from a trophy hunter... May stick to 13/21 for elk, then head over to G or H for deer. Probably 10 days each. I love the planning!

Keven

• Sitka Gear