drycreek 21-Sep-16
petedrummond 21-Sep-16
Bowfreak 22-Sep-16
Scar Finga 22-Sep-16
Ziek 22-Sep-16
stealthycat 22-Sep-16
petedrummond 22-Sep-16
21-Sep-16
Had a problem with my fixed blades the night before leaving so bought some expandables as a backup. Weather in wyoming was terrible with wind and rain so i could not work through my problem although my bow guy said it was probaly the fact i lowered my poundage. Screwed on some grim reapers and hoped for the best. Very large bodied buck came in last friday the last day of hunt and i shot him with 60 lb bow from elevated blind over water hole but hit shoulder And got about 3 to 4 inches which immediately broke off. Hours later we got him very large bodied. Recovered broadhead with all but one blade broken off. When i got home ended up having to bone out quarters myself because of problems with my buddy the caterer who ususlly does it. Was amazed at the size and thickness of scapula. Seems a lot bigger and thicker than a deer. Your thoughts.thid was ny far the biggest bodied antelope i ever shot.

21-Sep-16

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo

21-Sep-16
You got lucky to recover. Forrest

21-Sep-16
Congrats Pete !

21-Sep-16
Thx drycreek. Weather was terrible. Got lucky last day when wind died and sun came out. Almost got skunked.

22-Sep-16
Antelope have the strongest bones in relation to size in the animal kingdom. That being said I don't think they are that difficult to penetrate with a fixed blade head. Good information about the expandable and I am glad you ended up getting your buck.

22-Sep-16
Good Lookin Speed Goat Pete! Congratulations! as stated in previous threads, I will never use an expandable again. IMHO they don't work on any heavy bone.

Scar.

22-Sep-16
You don't say what the problem was with your BHs, but if it was a flight/accuracy problem you didn't solve it with a mech. You just masked it. NEVER a good idea. Neither is just hoping for the best when setting up/choosing hunting equipment. You can also never guarantee where your arrow will hit, no matter how disciplined you are or how good a shot you are. Better to plan for the the worst when choosing your set up.

I brought back to the top my results this year in "Real life penetration test". This is what you should be able to expect from a proper set up.

Good job in recovering the buck, and congrats.

22-Sep-16
"You don't say what the problem was with your BHs,"

yes he did - they're mechanicals, which SUCK at penetration when shots go bad

22-Sep-16
Well ziek with all respect when its raining and snowing with a 40 mph wind you dont have many choices in fixing the bradhead problem except to use mechanicals since i knew on that bow the field points were zeroed in. I had 2 bows.

• Sitka Gear