mrfox16 01-Oct-16
DonVathome 01-Oct-16
Brokenarrow129 02-Oct-16
DonVathome 02-Oct-16
Brokenarrow129 04-Oct-16
22-Sep-16

Brokenarrow129's embedded Photo
Gator season is in full swing right now. I have a few tags available, if anyone is interested doing a swap bowhunt or just want to do a hunt of a lifetime. I have a custom rigged boat, set up for catching gators of all sizes in comfort. Gator season ends November 1, so there is time to plan your hunt.

22-Sep-16
what is your outfitter or business name?

Are you/they a Bowsite Sponsor?

If not, consider a sponsorship, you'll get more "hits" and your thread will live longer.

22-Sep-16
Sorry about the lack of info, I don't spend much time on the computer. Broken Arrow Outfitters, My name is Al Hernandez, been hunting and fishing since the late 70's, bowhunting exclusively since the mid 90's. Started guiding hunters for alligators by donating a hunt/fishing trip for a charity in Grand Rapids MI, called "Hunt For A Cure". This year will be the fifteenth year donating a hunt, and I have made many friends as a result. I am at the point where I want to share my experiences with other hunting enthusiasts, because I can't be the only one having all the fun. Every hunt is on public waters with free roaming gators, but I have spent many nights and days, looking for potential gators, and I have found that there is not a shortage of big gators in Florida. I'm not a bowsite sponsor, but I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

23-Sep-16
you're welcome. I'm very interested in gator hunting, and plan to book one when I recover, financially, from my moose hunt.

23-Sep-16
How was your moose hunt? I went to Alaska last year for work and tried to set up a DIY moose hunt for this year, but failed. It's on my bucket list, so hopefully soon.

23-Sep-16
I've not been yet. Heading to NF October 30th

01-Oct-16
How much do you charge for a hunt

01-Oct-16

DonVathome's embedded Photo
DonVathome's embedded Photo
My two cents after my first Florida alligator hunt this year. It can be a very reasonable hunt and as the season progresses they get more spooky and the hunting gets a lot tougher. I would definitely go the first week which is early August

02-Oct-16

Congrats on your gator, Don. Looks like an 8'er.

On the contrary about going in early August. The hunting pressure is very heavy for the first 4 weeks, and then it eases up, which the wary gators come out of hiding. The last few weeks are my favorite time, because the bigger gators are more active due to the lack of pressure. I killed this 10'4" last week, while searching for a specific 6'er.

02-Oct-16
Interesting. You have a lot more experience than me with alligator. I am curious but I have to say it seems hard to believe that an alligator is less spooky after being hunted for four weeks then the first couple days of the first season and they have not been pursued for 10 months. I've experienced exactly the opposite with everything else I've ever hunted and so did the very experienced people I hunted with on this trip. Maybe they come out a little more than the middle of the hunt but it makes no sense why the big gators would come out more than the first few days of the first season. How could a decrease in hunting pressure for a couple weeks make them feel more safe than no hunting pressure for 10 months?

04-Oct-16

Let me clarify, because it's easy to misconstrue my logic. I'm not saying you can't kill a big one in the early phase, I'm saying don't give up on the hunt just because it's late in the season. My favorite time is late in the season for a few reasons; Very little boat traffic (it's very aggravating to get close to a wary gator and have him disappear every time a boat approaches) and the "spooky" gators seem to be more active. I'm not quite sure if it's because the weather is starting to change or if it's just because less boats. Personally, I like to let everybody fill their tags and get it out of the way, so I can enjoy my hunts. I don't have to be first in line, but I'm usually the last one out. I killed this one Halloween night 2013

• Sitka Gear