JEG 23-Sep-16
Grubby 23-Sep-16
Screwball 23-Sep-16
Grubby 23-Sep-16
stick33 23-Sep-16
Huntcell 23-Sep-16
Grubby 23-Sep-16
23-Sep-16
I posted this question on the MN site also. Have a friend that unsuccessfully bear hunted the first week and wants to give it another try next week 9/29-10/2. Just wondering if the bears will be shutting down by then, and what kind of activity he could expect? He will be hunting sites that haven't been baited since the first week of the season, any tips for getting a bear back on the bait quickly? He already knows allot of the tricks stink bags, scents, etc etc.

23-Sep-16
We just started a week ago, have almost all our baits active now. We have opted to wait until this time of year the last few years as the weather is better and most hunters have either tagged out or given up by now. The only thing we do that really helps get them going is to grease them heavily. I built a super grease soaker squirt gun that streams the grease high into the trees . Seems to help get the scent out there. Most of the berries are gone now. I did find a large plum thicket that is loaded and seeing lots of bear activity.

23-Sep-16
Would yo please post pictures of the super soaker grease gun. I want and have to see this.

23-Sep-16
I'll snap some tomorrow, first one was a store bought pool toy that worked ok.... But I had to make it better!!!!

23-Sep-16
With the poor acorn crop, I would think bears will be hitting baits well into the fall this year.

23-Sep-16
Don't bears stay active till the first snows start to accumulate on the ground? Which would mean mid late November for northern Mn?

23-Sep-16
I have seen bears very active into mid November here in extreme northern mn

• Sitka Gear