Queets30# 14-Jan-17
Matt 14-Jan-17
drycreek 14-Jan-17
'Ike' (Phone) 15-Jan-17
Gus 16-Jan-17
27-Sep-16

Shiras's embedded Photo
Shiras's embedded Photo
Certainly not a monster AK bull, but as far as I know it was the only bow kill with this outfit. My hunting partner did a great job calling him in for a 20ish yard double lung/heart shot.

I was able to return the favor for him by calling in a 64" bull for a 30 yard rifle shot.

27-Sep-16
Congrats on being the first to post and on taking a bull. I have been waiting for this thread to start.

27-Sep-16
Congrats, and a great eating moose right there!

27-Sep-16
Congrats! Looking forward to watching this thread.

27-Sep-16
Congrats on your bull Shiras! Even more kudos with the traditional gear!! Looks like great shot placement too.

We just got back from Alaska a few days ago. Neither my buddy nor I killed a bull. It rained on us every skinkin day but 1! We saw 4 bulls. A small bull bedded on the sand bar as we motored back to camp. We snuck into a small slew and there was a nice 55"ish bull standing there at 125 yds. He would respond to my calls but wouldn't budge.

We also called in a beautiful 50"-55" bull with 5 brows on 1 side to within 65 yds. It was an incredible encounter that lasted for over an hour! It looked like he was going to commit several times, but he acted like he was afraid of getting his butt kicked.

We also had a monster 65"+ bull with super wide palms come in to our calls, grunting with each step! He popped out of the brush at about 150 yds. He stood there for about 15 seconds then kind of snorted & went back into the brush. The wind was extremely light, but I'm pretty sure he winded us. All 3 legal bulls would have been a slam dunk with a rifle.

27-Sep-16
t-roy,

Darn man! I wish that would have worked out. The bulls were skittish overall this year. Bulls would rake back but never show themselves so we switched tactics to get Hugh his bull. We were silent until we heard a cow that sounded like she had a bull (they sound different when searching vs when they are with a bull) and then we got in really close before we would make a sound. I hear you with the rifle. My log says we saw 38 bulls (some repeats but most not and does not include bulls we heard but did not see which were many more) I could have shot some real dandy bulls with the gun.

28-Sep-16

arctichill's embedded Photo
arctichill's embedded Photo
Had a great AK hunt, but no moose killed. Wouldn't trade it for anything anyway. Congrats to all the hunters who scored this year!

28-Sep-16
Way to go Shiras!

At least you gave it your all artichill.

Good luck, Robb

28-Sep-16
Good job, Shiras! A dead moose is a good moose and that one will be some fine table fare.

Darren

28-Sep-16
Great moose and great shot placement.

30-Sep-16

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo
First morning, solo hunt

30-Sep-16
carcus is a Canadian killin' machine

30-Sep-16
Great job Carcus!

01-Oct-16

Cornpone's embedded Photo
Cornpone's embedded Photo
Taken with Conne River Dolland Pond Wednesday 9/21. Twenty yard shot quartering toward. Went ~75 yards.

01-Oct-16
Awesome job carcus!

01-Oct-16
Thanks guys, processed my elk and moose yesterday, big job but had some good help

02-Oct-16
Congrats Cornpone, I killed a bull on Dollands Pond in 1986. Had a great time with the Conne River Mic Mac's.

03-Oct-16

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
She used the driver on this one, but it was truly a once in lifetime experience for her. She has always loved Moose a little more than most for some reason, so it was truly a blessing to get such a beautiful animal.

03-Oct-16
Nice. Congratulations.

04-Oct-16
Good for her Elkman

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

20-Oct-16

RuttinBull's embedded Photo
Montana, Rifle, DIY, Public Land
RuttinBull's embedded Photo
Montana, Rifle, DIY, Public Land

25-Oct-16

Southern draw's embedded Photo
Southern draw's embedded Photo
Shot this moose with a rifle in BC 2nd try with Dale Drinkall Terminus Mountain outfitters. Dale is the kind of outfitter that treats his hunters well and invites you back if you are not successful. I highly recommend his operation!

13-Jan-17

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
My 2016/17 AK Moose...What a blast! Dark, photo, my camera was dying in the below zero temps...DIY hunt with the help of good friends!

14-Jan-17
Congrats Ike! Was it late season type tag?

14-Jan-17
Grats bro! You look cold!

14-Jan-17
T, yes sir! He shed not to long ago, I get time, may go out and look for sheds in the area...Thanks Ike!

14-Jan-17
Man that looks cold!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

14-Jan-17
Congrats Ike

14-Jan-17
Great job Ike! I'm happy for you!

14-Jan-17
Congrats Ike!

14-Jan-17
Some beautiful moose!! Congratulations everyone!

14-Jan-17
Congrats Ike.

14-Jan-17
Congrats guys ! S draw, those antlers look like satellite dishes ! Wow !

15-Jan-17

Thanks guys, pretty amazing...Some great animals, congrats to all!

16-Jan-17
Congratulations Ike!

• Sitka Gear