Trial153 04-Nov-17
Bou'bound 19-Nov-17
ELKMAN 20-Nov-17
Bou'bound 08-Dec-17
sdkhunter 08-Dec-17
CurveBow 11-Dec-17
Bou'bound 11-Dec-17
12-Oct-16
I know Hoyt says not to press the new past parallel bows, like the Defiant in all but a few special presses. My question is is this requirement purely a safety issue or will doing it, very carefully with say a portable Bowmaster system, actually break the bow.

I really don't want to have to spend hundreds on a special press to do the occasional tweak to a bow and the Bowmaster is perfect for that type of once or twice a year adjustments. If it is a safety issue I am confident being very careful and slow will prevent the unit from slipping. No worries there. I'd take my chances.

If it is, on the other hand, an issue where the limbs will actually break if a Bowmaster is used that is a totally different issue.

Has anyone out there on the Bowsite used a Bowmaster portable press on the newest Hoyt's and what did you find?

12-Oct-16
I think the issue is that the limbs are past parallel so the risk is the bow shooting out of the press. If that makes sense.

12-Oct-16
Ermine is correct.

12-Oct-16
concur with Ermine: I think it's more a matter of the press grip fingers potentially sliding off the ends of the limbs, since the limbs are past parallel

12-Oct-16
So what is required to press them?

12-Oct-16
I used the Bowmaster portable press w/ G2 bracket on my Carbon Defiant. Worked great.

12-Oct-16
Just me personally, but I wouldn't use a Bowmaster press with L-brackets on the Defiant. The limb tips are past parallel. Bowmaster website states they currently have no press or adapters for any bow with past-parallel limbs. I believe it's a safety issue as well as a hazard to the bow itself if the press pops off while a cable or string is off.

12-Oct-16

huntinelk's embedded Photo
Bowmaster G2 limb adapters pressing Defiant Turbo

12-Oct-16

12-Oct-16
huntinelk's photos illustrate the situation perfectly. Appears to work; however, the limb tips are angled such that only the friction of rubber on the press fingers keeps the press from slipping off.

Looks like a big gamble to me...

12-Oct-16
I use a bowtimemachine press. It has the fingers to fit and also a bar that stabilizing the bow so that it can't squirt out of the press

12-Oct-16
huntinelk....yikes!

12-Oct-16

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
That Bow Time Machine is slick.

12-Oct-16
Bou, After your Bowmaster is loosely in place, from the string side of the bow, take about a 24"-36" length of rope and pull the Bowmaster, at about its midpoint, in towards the riser. Be careful to avoid capturing the bow's string and cables with this rope. Pull it in just enough so that the Bowmaster becomes perpendicular to both limbs. Now tie the rope in a knot, in the grip area, to keep the Bowmaster in this position. Continue to press the bow as usual.

12-Oct-16
The synunm press is supposed to be ok on the 2016 Hoyt's. I have no experience with it though. The press is $180 from Lancaster and you need the adapter for it that runs another $100.

12-Oct-16
Yes I am sure one could spend 250.00-400.00 for a press that would work like a charm. The point is will something already possessed be sufficient for a couple presses a year. It seems like it will be.

I would not want to find out I spent $1,000 on a bow and I need a $400 press to put the darn $5 peep sight in!

12-Oct-16
I press my rpm 360 in my ez green with no problem, I believe the rpm is even more past parallel

04-Nov-17
any other experience on the 2016 or 17 hoyts with the portable press?

04-Nov-17
What are you trying to do? If it was only to twist/untwist things a bit, I'd do the old screwdriver through the cam trick before I'd use a Bowmaster.

04-Nov-17
That may be a good idea. Just not wanted to have to buy a new press with a new bow to do simple things like peeps, string/cable changes, silencer replacements, drop away rest cord work, etc.

04-Nov-17
I know of two reliable cases where the 2016s came out the bottom of the press without the adapters. I am sure user error can't be ruled out however it seems the adapters being used would be prudent. hard pill to swallow having to buy 200 fingers after dumping 1600 on a bow.

19-Nov-17
Wouldn't just using the ends of the Bowmaster system with no adapter work. insert this between the limbs and take pressure off without stressing end of bow. See picture below?

20-Nov-17
NOTHING is going out the bottom of my X-Press Pro.

08-Dec-17

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo

08-Dec-17
Yeah gotta be care what press you use for sure... Some may work 'some of the time' but you risk the bow slipping out and hurting yourself or the bow...

Only thing i've used on the newer past parallel Hoyts is the EZ Press with the Ultra Lock adapters...

http://lastchancearchery.com/shop-1/ultra-lock-adapter-1

11-Dec-17
I just bought a Hoyt Carbon Defiant 2017 model. Why wouldn't the Bowmaster work by putting the end knobs behind the cams so that they contact the limbs? The cams would prevent anything from slipping. It would likely not be good for complete string changes, but for a tweak, peep adjustment, etc. I think it may work, but have not tried it yet.

11-Dec-17
I was very nervous about this after seeing something on you tube that had the limbs shattering. I pressed it with the bow master press and the L limb brackets that I got from bass pro for 19.99. It worked perfectly. Be careful and slow but they held absolutely fine and the bow was not stressed in any way. The brackets in the photo above posted by huntinelk work fine and are actually made for 6 degree past parallel.

• Sitka Gear