JIMBOW 23-Oct-16
Toby 24-Oct-16
19-Oct-16

JIMBOW's embedded Photo
gemsbok
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
gemsbok

JIMBOW's Link
I just returned from South Africa and hunted with Pelser Bowhunting, what an amazing place and people. Click on the link to see the kill shots.

My equipment for this trip : Hoyt Carbon Defiant @70lbs- Easton FMJs tipped with VPA 150 vented 3 blade broadheads and a blessing from my wife.

I added up the total yardage traveled from impact to final resting spot (with rangefinder) for all 6 animals. Gemsbok- 34 yards. Nyala-19 yards. Mountain Reed Buck-16 yards. Blesbok- 41 yards. Impala- 35 yards. Klipspringer- 12 yards. Total 157 yards.

I was thrilled with the short recoveries especially having to pay for them wether recovered or not.

Hope you enjoy the video as well.

JIMBOW

19-Oct-16

JIMBOW's embedded Photo
nyala
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
nyala

19-Oct-16

19-Oct-16

JIMBOW's embedded Photo
impala
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
impala
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
mountain reed buck
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
mountain reed buck

19-Oct-16

JIMBOW's embedded Photo
blesbok
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
blesbok

19-Oct-16

JIMBOW's embedded Photo
klipspringer
JIMBOW's embedded Photo
klipspringer

19-Oct-16
Nice animals JIMBOW! Incredible on the short recovery distances on your animals! Almost all of the plains game animals that I shot last year went way farther than that!

19-Oct-16
Thank you T-roy!

19-Oct-16
Very nice animals ! Looks like you had a blast.

19-Oct-16
A Klippie with a bow!! Very nice!! Congrats on some nice trophies

19-Oct-16
Awesome shooting! Wasn't hard to smile for those pics!

20-Oct-16
Great pics and hunt ! Congrats !

20-Oct-16
Nice pictures and nice animals, thanks for sharing

20-Oct-16
Glad you had a great hunt ,beautiful trophies. Forrest

20-Oct-16
Congrats again Jim!!

20-Oct-16
Congrats!

20-Oct-16
Congratulations. Very nice.

21-Oct-16
Nice shooting tex.

21-Oct-16
Congrats JIMBOW. Looks like a great hunt. South Africa is a target rich environment. Now comes the most unpleasant part of the trip - taxidermy bills :)

22-Oct-16
Nice trophies. Looks like it was a great time for you. Klippy with a bow is sweet!

22-Oct-16
Thanks Guys! It was very fun and I feel very fortunate. Chief you are very right! not to mention the shipping etc...

23-Oct-16
Awesome video quality! What camera did you use? It looked as if your arrows were all complete pass through? I love the VPA broadheads!

23-Oct-16
Thanks Razorsharp! I was using a Canon HD camera (a small handycam type). All of the arrows passed through with ease. The Gemsbok video shows the arrow skipping through the dirt after passing through, infact you can see the arrows passing through all of the animals if you go frame by frame (except the Impala that walked out of the picture frame). I too love those heads and have had similar results on all of the animals I've taken with them.

23-Oct-16
JIMBOW - I sent all my hides off to get dry tanned as soon I got them back from Africa. I mounted my Kudu first and then mount one or two animals a year. No need to break the bank unless you just have too much money and can't wait to spend it.

23-Oct-16
Chief, that's the smart way to do it fo sho. My best friend is also an award winning taxidermist so I'll have see what deals I can work out with him...sort of a slave labor thing probably.

23-Oct-16
Jimbow, you might want to ask your taxidermist if he wants wet tan or dry tan, my taxidermist wants wet. VPA is the is the best broadhead I have ever shot , on 2 of my trips I shot 175 grain VPA solid, pass thru on all animals but 1 out of 25 animals ( if I remember correctly) a lot of the arrows 60 to 70 yards on the other side . Forrest

23-Oct-16
Drathar, I'll ask him. Were you shooting 3 blades? J

23-Oct-16
OK Jimmie as the master of photoshop how do we know you actually went to Africa and shot all those beautiful animals? You could be pulling a Rowdie Dowdy on us! jk Way to go! and thanks for sharing!

23-Oct-16
LOL Adam careful, careful... I could send doctored pics of you to your significant other!

Thanks Man!

24-Oct-16
Nice trophies. Congrats

• Sitka Gear