ahunter55 04-Nov-16
t-roy 04-Nov-16
oldtimer 05-Nov-16
Mountain sheep 05-Nov-16
Jaquomo 05-Nov-16
nvgoat 05-Nov-16
Cazador 05-Nov-16
04-Nov-16
In the seventies and eighties there was an older guy from Idaho [around Soda Springs I think] that shot a slew of P&Y mulies. He was well publicized by the archery mags. at the time but then seemed to drop out of sight. My question is "does anyone remember him and was he exposed for something or defamed for some reason". I admired the guy's feats very much at the time but wonder if they were legit......badbull

04-Nov-16
http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/625-poachers-and-their-supporters/ Check this thread and I think will answer your question.

04-Nov-16
I don't consider myself an old-timer, however, that guy was in M.R. James' book "45 Unforgettable Bowhunters". I believe it was Cal Coziah. He was finally busted for poaching and also altered antlers to raise the net score of a late-season buck in SE Idaho. He did shoot many large bucks on the late-season hunts in ID.

It is a great book if you can pick up a copy

04-Nov-16
Thanks guys. Cal is the one and i am not impressed any longer.........badbull

04-Nov-16
Yea, we've had a few fall from Grace because they got greedy in one way or another.

04-Nov-16
I was gonna say Kurt Darner but he was rifle poacher.

05-Nov-16
I first thought the question was only for me , oh well

05-Nov-16
I knew as soon as I read your post it was Cal, he was a hell of a hunter!

05-Nov-16
Yep, too bad he took the bait and became a criminal. From everything I've read about him, he was a good enough hunter that he didn't need to go there. Now we have to wonder how many of his "accomplishments" crossed the line from the beginning.

05-Nov-16
Agree w Jaquomo. When people do things like this, they lose all credibility with me. I no longer think they are anything but a criminal.

05-Nov-16
Poachers and posers, lot of that going around these days.

• Sitka Gear