Mathews Inc.
Best Units to hunt mule deer in AZ (OTC)
Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Tmartinez822 15-Dec-16
MichaelArnette 15-Dec-16
Tmartinez822 15-Dec-16
BOHNTR 16-Dec-16
BULELK1 16-Dec-16
GaryB@Home 16-Dec-16
wildwilderness 18-Dec-16
BOHNTR 04-Jan-17
Brotsky 04-Jan-17
Bowboy 04-Jan-17
SDHNTR(home) 05-Jan-17
Florida Mike 06-Jan-17
StickFlicker 06-Jan-17
15-Dec-16
I am planning on going Mule deer hunting in AZ this year. I have never hunted in AZ before and I am trying to figure out what are the best units to hunt in. I am planning on buying OTC tags so I don't know which units you are allowed to hunt because I know some you need to apply for to hunt there. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Taylor

15-Dec-16
Are there even any OTC tags in Arizona? I am inclined to think not and tough draw odds at that even for residents.

15-Dec-16

Tmartinez822's embedded Photo
Tmartinez822's embedded Photo
Based off their Hunting Regulations book there are OTC tags you can buy.

16-Dec-16
Archery Only tags are OTC for almost all the units (except 3A/3C, and all the units n/o the grand canyon........Most of the units in Region III, V, and VI have decent hunting for both mule deer and Coues. All rifle/muzzy tags are awarded through the draw.

16-Dec-16
+1 ^^^^^

Have fun and enjoy!

Good luck, Robb

16-Dec-16
The AZ Game & Fish website has a bunch of info to get you started. They even list suggested areas for each species by GMU.

18-Dec-16
Hunt OTC the next couple years but be sure to start getting points. The NR archery deer tags don't take too many points to draw so you can be ready to hunt there when you do

04-Jan-17

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Wife's first deer.......arrowed in an OTC unit at 45 yards on January 1st. She was pretty excited.

04-Jan-17
Awesome Bohntr! Congrats to your wife and to you on a great family!

An AZ hunt in January is something I've been wanting to try, my parents recently purchased a place just outside of Phoenix. Be a great chance to come down in the doldrums of winter and get a little sun and get that last gray deer fix for the year while being a good son!

04-Jan-17
Great way to start off a new year. Congrats to your wife on taking her first buck.

05-Jan-17
that's really cool Roy! Love seeing the whole family out there! Congrats.

06-Jan-17
Congrats Roy!

06-Jan-17
Congratulations Roy, and Mrs. Roy! Great buck.

• Sitka Gear