NIson 20-Dec-16
Fuzzy 21-Dec-16
Lee 22-Dec-16
bad karma 23-Dec-16
NIson 31-Dec-16
killinstuff 31-Dec-16
bad karma 02-Jan-17
18-Dec-16
I live in Ohio and I'm looking for a good place for a hog hunt that isn't too far away. Don't want to go to a high fence operation either. Looking for some suggestions as this will be my first outfitted hunt.

Thanks Nick

18-Dec-16
Might be tough without a fence. In would look at florida, Oklahoma and texas.

Don't know much about the Carolinas, but they may have free range

18-Dec-16
No mercy in Oklahoma has free range hog hunts, good luck on free range your gonna need it. Very low kill percentage on free range hogs.

18-Dec-16
I can kill 100 hogs a year if I knuckled down, but it wouldn't be with archery gear. Low fence hogs are tough critters to nail down. If you just want to kill a hog, ignore the fence and go hunt.

18-Dec-16
Shiloh ranch would be another good choice, it's fenced but large enough you won't know it. Free range hogs are here today and gone tomorrow. I have hogs on my 320 but this hey are almost strictly nocturnal.

19-Dec-16
I've been reading a lot on hog hunting and the fenced hunts don't seem to be too bad. Most have said that the hogs are just as wairy as any they've hunted. Not really too concerned with just killing a hog but want a good hunt with no BS.

Nick

19-Dec-16
Look at florida, alot of places to hunt near Orlando and airfare is pretty cheap. Fly southwest get two bags free, which you can bring a cooler for meat and your bow case no cost. Use carry on for hunting gear.

19-Dec-16
Nick,

PM sent.

19-Dec-16
One of the best "free-range" hog hunts I have experienced is Fair Chase, Ltd. in South Texas. It is fenced on 3 sides and a river (Rio Grande) on the 4th side and approx. 15K acres, if memory serves me correct.

Hogs are nomadic and mostly nocturnal . In no fence or low fence operations you will spend more time "hunting for" hunts than actually "hunting" hogs. Hence, allow enough time for your hunt.

19-Dec-16
NIlson, when are you thinking about going pig hunting. I have access to pigs but I primarily hunt them in the summer am open to other times.

19-Dec-16
Would probably be sometime next year preferably before our deer season starts in October. Trying to plan the hunt for my father and brother in law also and possibly my 12 year old son.

19-Dec-16
I will second fair chase too

20-Dec-16
Nlson - I am maxed at 2 peeps and come September hopefully I will be elk hunting.

Anyone want to come hunt pigs in June?

20-Dec-16
Pigsticker, good luck with the elk! Dream hunt for me for sure

Nick

21-Dec-16
If you just want a close place and fence doesn't bother you, check out Mountain Meadows in Greenville WV. It's affordable and well stocked with true ferals. Not a "pigpen", but not by any means on par with Shilo, Clarkrange, No Mercy, and the like.

22-Dec-16
I hunted Fort Stewart, GA for years - killed a lot of hogs - best time to go is in the summer if you can stand the heat or early September if you can stand the heat! Lots of hogs and very inexpensive. Pm me if you want more info.

Lee

23-Dec-16
Wild hogs are still as wary, no matter where you hunt them. I was at Shiloh Ranch last weekend, and the wind was so fickle, I didn't get a bowshot.

I did shoot one using night vison thermal tech with a 300 Blackout. Have it on video. It was pretty darn cool. But I still would have liked to sent an arrow at one.

It's hunting, not shopping.

23-Dec-16
ATNX0001 on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/196053215?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749

31-Dec-16
Tradman and huntress can't get the link for some reason

Nick

31-Dec-16
Ft Stewart but not in the summer unless you're cool with bugs, snakes and the brutal heat. I hunt there Feb or March, a month after deer rifle season ends. 10 hour drive from northern Ohio. No shortage of free range pork on the base for sure.

02-Jan-17
Try the link here.

https://vimeo.com/196053215?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749

• Sitka Gear