Nick Muche 19-Dec-16
Franzen 19-Dec-16
elkstabber 19-Dec-16
Frenchman 19-Dec-16
mountainman 19-Dec-16
PAstringking 19-Dec-16
elkstabber 20-Dec-16
19-Dec-16
Apparently, there is a new certification process needed before hunting Greenland? Anyone knows the détails?

19-Dec-16
Where did you hear that. This was the latest I knew of

Bow hunting in Greenland

When the Government of Greenland permitted bow hunting for musk ox and reindeer, they stipulated the following:

Requirements for bagging reindeer with a bow: •The bow must be a compound bow with a sight with fixed settings. •The draw weight should be no less than 45 pounds for arrows with fixed tips. •The draw weight should be no less than 55 pounds for arrows with mechanical tips.

For the arrows described, whether with fixed or mechanical tips, there are the following requirements in terms of weight: •Fixed tip, at least 385 grains (=25 gr.) •Mechanical tip, at least 425 grains (=28 gr.)

Requirements for bagging musk ox with a bow: •The bow must be a compound bow with a sight with fixed settings. The draw weight must be no less than 60 pounds. •Arrows must have fixed tips, and there are the following requirements for arrow weight: fixed tip, minimum 525 grains (=34 gr.) •Hunting musk ox with mechanical arrow tips is not permitted.

19-Dec-16
I shot one at 63 lbs or so with a Rage. One shot, he went 60 yards. 650 grain arrow. Not 55 lbs, but not far off.

19-Dec-16
The 55 mentioned above was for deer. Nick, you are probably one of the very few who shoots mechs. with a 650 gr. arrow. Some others on here as well, but I doubt the list is very long.

19-Dec-16
So bowhunting is legal in Greenland but not it's not legal to use a recurve or longbow?

19-Dec-16
Apparently - outfitters also have to be certified to take bowhunters - I had seen the régulations about Equipment - was just surprised to hear about outfitters...

19-Dec-16
"So bowhunting is legal in Greenland but not it's not legal to use a recurve or longbow? " elkstabber- as of last year when I was there, that is correct. Compounds only. I think once they get some years of bowkill info, Frank may try to get trad bows legalized. I know he keeps track of every hit and recovery to report it.

19-Dec-16
I will be bowhunting there in March but not with bowhunt Greenland. My arrow weight is 647g with a 175g Magnus head.

Should be more than enough.

20-Dec-16
Thanks for the confirmation mountainman. Greenland won't be getting any of my money then. I'll just stay here in the United States and Canada where I can hunt any big game animal with my favorite bow.

• Sitka Gear