MathewsMan 28-Dec-16
MathewsMan 28-Dec-16
No Mercy 30-Dec-16
krieger 09-Jan-17
Rob Nye 13-Jan-17
razorsharp 22-Jan-17
t-roy 22-Jan-17
19-Dec-16
Counting my mounts before they are even killed but I'm hunting South Africa in August and I want to do some pedestal mounts. Ready made ones are outrageous. Anyone know of plans available to build your own?

19-Dec-16
I am waiting on my sable to come back from Africa and am also interested in making a pedestal for it, hard to put a shoulder mount on the wall without a very sharp turn.

19-Dec-16
How high are your ceilings? I have a 51 inch Kudu shoulder mount on a 32" six sided base with about 4" to spare in 8 foot ceilings

20-Dec-16
About 8 ft.

20-Dec-16
There are some videos on making pedestal bases on youtube.

20-Dec-16
If you think that may work for you I can take some pics and try and upload. Please understand I am not a computer savvy guy. So try is all I can do.

27-Dec-16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvS8bEUfDE8&lc=z13zflkwnmzsuzaqp04cjdfjyzi2clkhjdo

27-Dec-16
My buddy and are heading there in august as well and I too am counting chickens before their hatched lol. I was fortunate enough to take a great oryx in Texas and hoping for a gemsbok while in SA so I am interested as well in the pedestal option to put both together. Let me know how you make out on the build.

28-Dec-16

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
My dad and I have made several based upon photos or ideas then create our own. mcKenzie Taxidermy Supply has lots of types in their catalog .

Here is dads zebra

28-Dec-16

I thought granite would be neat on my Kudu top- but even having the holes for the rods drilled was not cheap- I had about $500 into building it myself

28-Dec-16

For reference this is a 54" kudu but I have 10' ceilings in my basement game room

28-Dec-16

Somewhere I saw a multi-height base

28-Dec-16

Another idea was a pedestal of faux stone. I had a bunch of leftover after I did my walls, but man this thing is heavy.

28-Dec-16

Dad just got this back, You can't really see the woods, but dad built the pedestal.

28-Dec-16

Just saw this on FB from a friend, and my next one I'll build will be this one. I like the habitat underneath and the mount sitting on just a wood top.

30-Dec-16

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo
Here's one I did out of barnwood from our farm.

09-Jan-17
I like the barn wood. Probably cause I have a shed full, and it's paid for. heh heh

Seriously, nice job on that ,No Mercy.

13-Jan-17
Very nice no mercy; is that a fence post?

22-Jan-17
All of those are really nice! Thank you!

22-Jan-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
This one's a little different than maybe what you're thinking of doing. I did everything myself except the mounts themselves. Very satisfying.

• Sitka Gear