loesshillsarcher 21-Dec-16
Fuzzy 21-Dec-16
Bou'bound 21-Dec-16
Brotsky 21-Dec-16
MNRazorhead 21-Dec-16
Medicinemann 21-Dec-16
MNRazorhead 21-Dec-16
21-Dec-16
Shortly after the movie "The Revenant" came out, there was a thread or two about it on Bowsite. Then, a short time later, someone posted a another related thread that showed a man whose face was DESTROYED by a bear attack....yet a couple months later, with the exception of an eyepatch, the man's face was actually not that bad looking. I have tried to search for thread, using various key words (I.e. Revenant, bear attack, etc) and am having no luck. If anyone knows or remembers the thread that I am talking about, please add the link here. The word Revenant was used in the title, but the only thread that comes up when that word is used, is NOT the thread that I am searching for......thanks....I think that the thread was started in April....

21-Dec-16
I remember the thread. But not its title. It made me read the true account about it, then I watched the movie. I thought the movie was horrible. lol

21-Dec-16
loeshiil, I agree on the movie. It's a shame they had such a GREAT dramatic story, and still had to bugger it up.

21-Dec-16
Yes movie was well filmed but fake as can be. Those people would have died wet in those temps in hours. They did not even try to stay dry. if it had been July it would have been far fetched, but to think that was happening in the dead of winter and conditions were not fatal was comical to say the least.

21-Dec-16
The interesting thing I learned from the movie was how much South Dakota looked like the Canadian Rockies. I've lived in SoDak my whole life and never knew we had mountains like that. I spent all year looking for them and still haven't had any luck.

21-Dec-16

MNRazorhead's Link
Is this the one? You didn't find it because the spelling on Revenant was different. If I remember correctly, (didn't re-read the thread) there was some question if the recovery photo was actually the hunter that was attacked? Sorry if I am wrong, just going off of memory.

21-Dec-16
Thanks, MNRazorhead,

That's the one.....but even using the misspelled title, it doesn't come up when I search for it....

21-Dec-16
Jake, I just did a search on Revanent and didn't get it, either. BUT...if you look at the top of the search you will see that the spell-check changed the search term to Revenant (correct spelling), and there is a tiny little link right below it that says "Search instead for Revanent". Click on that link and it will pop up. Works just like Google now.

• Sitka Gear