Turkey
Contributors to this thread:
jims 23-Dec-16
jims 26-Dec-16
tradi-doerr 26-Dec-16
trublucolo 26-Dec-16
jims 26-Dec-16
23-Dec-16
I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Bosque del oso turkeys? Are the gobblers in that area rios or merriams? I've harvested a bunch of rios over the years and would like to draw a limited unit with merriams. I also have a pile of bear pref pts and could likely use the turkey hunt to scout out things for bears. Another unit I'm considering is 59 (Table Mtn and Beaver Creek SWA).

26-Dec-16
I didn't get any response so thought I'd toss this back up to the top in case anyone missed it that may have info to share.

26-Dec-16
I drew the Bosque for turkey when it was first opened 1998, it is still a great unit. It's all Merriam's turkey there. Best advise is to work the ridges early season and then the fields later on. You'll also encounter bears as well. You might try and contact Bob Holder with the CPW that works that area for better in-tell. The area(unit) has many oil/gas roads to travel on by foot making it some what easy to get around. Best of luck!

26-Dec-16
Working hours phone #s for Bob Holder unless he changed them recently - CP# - 719-680-1410 Work# - 719-561-5300.....I'd give you his home number but he'd likely track me down and issue me a summons :-)

26-Dec-16
Thanks for the info! It sounds like Bob would be a wealth of info.

• Sitka Gear