t-roy 08-Dec-18
Hewy 08-Dec-18
Hewy 08-Dec-18
Hewy 08-Dec-18
Hewy 08-Dec-18
Ambush 08-Dec-18
t-roy 09-Dec-18
27-Dec-16
I was at Lowes this morning and saw a Rubbermaid storage shed for about $400. It had a floor and I could stand inside it. I suddenly got the idea that if it had windows it could be a great permanent hunting blind. I think you could pretty easily cut a hole for some screens or maybe even put in some slide windows. Anyone done this? Am I crazy?

27-Dec-16
I've not done it but sounds like it would work.

27-Dec-16
What were the dimensions? Check out Deerview windows.

28-Dec-16
I have thought about it.

28-Dec-16
No it won't work. If it doesn't have a pic of a big buck or a redneck and cost thousands of dollars it just won't work. I guess you could say you are thinking inside the box this time. Dang I'm funny this morning.

28-Dec-16

28-Dec-16
Those windows look like they would be perfect. The dimensions were approx 60X60X72. It felt about the size of a Double Bull which is what gave me the idea.

28-Dec-16
The only one I saw was 529.00 and for around that price you can get the maverick blinds that already have a type of window

28-Dec-16
If it's not camo'd it'll never work.

28-Dec-16
Why not? Heck, a mister heater for sleeping in it at night and your set for the early morning hunt. Sort of like hunting from your home lol, go for it. Make sure to pet pics.

28-Dec-16
With those dimensions you would have to sit or kneel to shoot. I use a doghouse. It works but is barely big enough for a sitting shot.

28-Dec-16
If your hunting blind is made from a Rubbermaid container, you might be a redneck.

28-Dec-16
No you're not crazy you are insane!

I would scatter some children's toys in the vicinity to keep it real.

28-Dec-16
It works. My bro in laws made a blind and a shi&*$r out of one.

28-Dec-16
How does the material hold up to repeated frost/thaw cycles? Is longevity affected by repeated exposure to direct sunlight in hot, arid areas? An interesting idea, but the durability might need to be confirmed....

28-Dec-16
Go for it Steve!

28-Dec-16
Was that the single or a double wide rubbermaid????

28-Dec-16
You beat me to it, Olink...

28-Dec-16
Those plastic shesd that are just panels you snap together hold up well. From hot humid summers to bitter cold winters, and me hitting it with the bucket on the front of the John Deere. If I were in a position to set up a permanent blind, I would go get 2x4's, OSB, and camo paint.

28-Dec-16
Agree with comments that it would be an awesome redneck blind but it is about the same price as a Double Bull and would stand up to snow way better. With a couple windows it looks like it could be a good option. Has a plastic floor. Seems like it would contain scent pretty well. It is my land so easy to get it to the spot and then it would be permanent. No idea on long term durability but they are made to be outdoors.

15-Oct-18
Interesting. It should work. FWIW, I’ve shot about 19 whitetails from ground blinds and was sitting on all of them. I don’t know why that would be a concern.

15-Oct-18
About 19?

15-Oct-18
I have had one of those in my back yard for mower & other tools & it's been great for about 15 years. Heat, snow ect in the Midwest.

15-Oct-18
Things like that tend to creak when they are cold. Not a bad idea but special attention to the joints: consider teflon tape or even silicone caulking to hold them tight. And for sure put a rug on the floor

15-Oct-18
I never did it. I was getting ready to buy one and redneck blinds had a sale for the metal frame blinds with the cloth cover. The frame is rigid and stands up well to the snow load. I have had it up for 2 years and it works great.

15-Oct-18
Glad I am not the only one that goes to places like Lowe’s and thinks how can I use something here for hunting.

15-Oct-18

drycreek's embedded Photo
On the ground.
On the ground.
I can build two cattle panel blinds for that price. Six feet across circular blinds, cut the windows out to your specs, cover with black plastic or indoor/outdoor carpet, then camo netting, then brush it in. You can put it on a platform or leave it on the ground.

18-Oct-18

Hunter II's embedded Photo
Hunter II's embedded Photo
We have had one out for 4 years. Several turkeys have died in front of it. It is very narrow and doesn’t allow a wide range of motion.

08-Dec-18
Been using a Rubbermaid shed for years. Half to 1/3 of the price of one of the fancy name brand blinds. Went with the Rubbermaid because it can be 100% assembled from inside, only way to go if it is going to be on a tower platform. Recently took it apart and moved it to a ground blind location for my buddy who is in a wheelchair. Buying another and converting it this winter.

08-Dec-18
Any pics of it, Hewy?

08-Dec-18
I’m trying to load some- Keep getting a message saying internal air with host site

08-Dec-18

Hewy's embedded Photo
Hewy's embedded Photo
Trying again

08-Dec-18

Hewy's embedded Photo
Entry
Hewy's embedded Photo
Entry
A few from moving to a ground blind location.

08-Dec-18

Hewy's embedded Photo
Last one- sorry it will not let me add more than one at a time from my phone
Hewy's embedded Photo
Last one- sorry it will not let me add more than one at a time from my phone

08-Dec-18
Used, fiberglass septic tanks can be had pretty cheap too. Lightweight and weather proof, but still kind of a shitty blind.

09-Dec-18
At least it would have built-in cover scent, Rod.

• Sitka Gear