wilhille 22-Feb-17
WFG in NM 22-Feb-17
txhunter58 22-Feb-17
ben yehuda 22-Feb-17
Elite_RSP 22-Feb-17
DonVathome 22-Feb-17
08-Jan-17

SteveB's Link
http://thewesterner.blogspot.com/2017/01/nm-hunting-guide-client-wounded-on.html

This really fries me. And they got away!!

08-Jan-17
10' higher...

08-Jan-17
To hell with the wall, MINE the sumbuck!

08-Jan-17
Prating for a full recovery.

08-Jan-17
I have known Walker and his family for about 18 years. I have hunted elk, mule deer, cougar and aoudad with he and his Dad. Walker is an awesome young man and I can't say enough good about The Daugherty Family. The medical bills are piling up and he has no insurance. At the bottom of the article in Steve's link, there is a link to a GoFundMe page. Please consider donating if you're able and so inclined. Either way, please keep he and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Certainly hope that President Elect Trump follows up on his promise to secure our southern border and build a wall - can't come soon enough!! Blake

08-Jan-17
Blake, get in touch with Walker's family asap and have him sign up for insurance immediately. He CAN do this and they cannot deny him coverage and his bills will start being paid as soon as he is enrolled. This is one of the few benefits of ObamaCare. There is absolutely no reason why anyone in his situation shouldn't do this.

08-Jan-17
And that is why you have an AR that close to Mexico...

08-Jan-17
Ace is right. He should do this right away. This is such a sad, unnecessary situation. To imagine how bold these idiots must be to organize like this on American soil to retaliate is almost unthinkable. These guys need vigilante justice! Doubtful they will ever be caught though.

08-Jan-17
^^^. A couple of AR's and 10,000 rounds.

08-Jan-17
Pat, just had a thought...... I assume you have contact info for Don Trump Jr? Maybe you could forward him this link? He would care and potentially influence something positive politically from this.

08-Jan-17
Thanks Ace and Steve! I have passed that information on to Walker's Mom.

09-Jan-17
Certainly a terrible thing to have happened, and cudos to the guides for protecting their clients. Hope walker makes a full and fast recovery. As for all the hunters, if you plan on hunting near the Mexican border you better pack some protection, the news media doesn't like to report about the crime that occurs and honestly you have to have your head examined if you want to hunt down there. As mentioned, AR or Ak with plenty of ammo to make sure you come back. That hunting party is very lucky to have made it out of there.

09-Jan-17
Elk hunted with Walker and his family top notch people. Prayers sent for them .

09-Jan-17
I also have hunted w Walker and his dad Bob. You won't find better folks than the Daugherty family. I actually have stayed and hunted out of the camp where this incident occurred. I have a ranch in S Texas over 40 miles from the border & I deal w illegals driving through and tearing up my fences and vandalism constantly. This BS has got to stop. Like living in a 3rd world country. Obama and his open border policy has wrecked our country. I for one will be singing in the streets on his last day of his presidency. I hope Walker and his BILs bullets found there mark on some of the POS attackers. Prayers up for Walker and the hunter.

09-Jan-17
we voted in Trump to address this - lets hope he does and fast

09-Jan-17
Laws won't keep them out so it will need to be a wall or vigilante justice unfortunately.

09-Jan-17
Shoot to wound and incapacitate. Find a nice cottonwood in view of the border.

This is really sad news... prayers for those involved.

09-Jan-17
Not a peep about this in the main stream media. It has all of the criteria they don't like to report: illegal aliens attacking white folks, guns used in self defense, and thankfully the victims didn't play the part.

Prayers for all of the families involved. Dangerous times we live in.

09-Jan-17
Crazy to say the least....prayers sent!

Mark

09-Jan-17
Prayers for both of them and their families. And on top of everything else, think how this will impact their livelihood!

God Bless,

Scar.

09-Jan-17
Crazy story. I hope everyone makes a full recovery. The scary thing is this probably wont be the last time they are ambushed. I imagine that the kidnappers will be back for revenge.

09-Jan-17
We need to press the national news stations to carry this story.

It is sickening. I shared same story on MM and no one had even heard of it...

09-Jan-17
I have to read about this significant news story on Bowsite!! And the libs claim the national news media isn't liberal....!!!

09-Jan-17
I laid awake last night thinking the same as several of you, why is this not hitting the mainstream media? Probably because it supports the President Elect's agenda to control our borders. Its a sad truth in our country.

Just imagine if it were the other way around? Illegals get attacked by American citizen in border shootout. Now that would be front page news, no doubt.

Wishing the best for Walker and his hunter. Hunted with Walker and his dad Bob a couple of times and hold high regards for their outfit, character and work ethic. Its people like this who are the backbone of our country and to see this happen brings a deeper level of sadness to it all. No one deserves this, especially this family.

09-Jan-17
Somewhere it did make the news. I read about this yesterday or Saturday. It had to of popped up on one of the news feeds I get on my phone. I don't know where I read it but did.

09-Jan-17
I simply pray to God that when Walker and Mike came out of that bunkhouse...There aim was true...Hope the f*** that them boys have um hell !! I'm sure they did..And my money is sent.......

09-Jan-17
I simply pray to God that when Walker and Mike came out of that bunkhouse...There aim was true...Hope the f*** that them boys have um hell !! I'm sure they did..And my money is sent.......

10-Jan-17
My prayers are out for Walker and his family.

It is so very unfortunate that many of us do not hunt close to the border anymore as the drug runner cartels have now control of everything south of I-10 through AZ and NM and all along the Rio Grande River down through Texas. You are taking your life into your own hands if you do. Lets give Trump all of our support to stop this madness and once again be able to hunt down along the border and in Mexico. We have lost so much hunting area. US outfitters operating down in Mexico are in danger also even though the odds may be low, it happens all to frequently. Two US outfitters about three or four years ago had their 4 wheel drive pkups and ATV's taken from them at gunpoint. Needless to say I haven't heard of them operating down there anymore. One NM outfitters was warned to not come back or they would kill him. No thanks, no Coues Deer or Mule deer is worth the safety of my and my clients. Steven Ward you are always in my thoughts and prayers and hope you keep your powder dry and eyes wide open.

10-Jan-17
like a readers digest story, at the not so OK corral ..scary

10-Jan-17

Amoebus's Link
Might be more to this story - time will tell...

"Sheriff denies “cross border violence” in Candelaria shooting"

and

“We’re still investigating and waiting for ballistics results from [Texas Department of Public Safety] lab in El Paso,” Nuñez said. “Right now, there is no evidence to suggest there was any ‘cross-border violence’ situation there.”

The sheriff’s office was supported in their investigation by about 30 U.S. Border Patrol agents from Air and Marine units from El Paso and agents with human and drug detecting dogs.

“[Border Patrol has] expert trackers who say there were no signs at the time of any individuals on the ranch other than those staying there,” Nuñez said.

10-Jan-17
Now that is an interesting twist/development....

11-Jan-17
Interesting twist is right, so who shot who?

“[Border Patrol] are very confident there was no sign of any pedestrian traffic walking in or leaving the ranch house perimeter,” he said. “This is why we are secure in saying there was not a ‘cross border violence’ incident.”

11-Jan-17
Anxious to hear more/the rest of the story...

11-Jan-17
Yeah , where's Paul Harvey when you need him ?

12-Jan-17
TK and Blake - I hope your friends are doing okay.

What have you heard from them? The articles that I read says they lawyered up once border patrol/dogs didn't find the Mexican gangs or any indication of people outside of camp. Sheriff is waiting for ballistic testing. No news since the 9th - even locally.

This one looks like it will be on Dateline in 6 months.

12-Jan-17
Interesting...somebody was obviously shooting at somebody! Hopefully some news comes out on this, too often these stories fade away and you never hear anything.

BTW...when has our media ever stayed away from reporting unsubstantiated news? At least when it suits their agenda anyway...

13-Jan-17
Sounds like the illegal border crossers are a bit more sophisticated than south Texas LE gives them credit, this was a well planned attack.

13-Jan-17
Be interesting to see how this one comes out. One thing to note: They are getting $20,000 dollars for a 10 day lease on their ranch... Soooo they might not be as destitute as you think...JS

13-Jan-17
Interesting follow up info: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Presidio-County-Sheriff-Currently-no-sufficient-evidence-of-border-violence-410175185.html

13-Jan-17
Esta es loco !

13-Jan-17
Before anyone puts up any more bleeding heart posts you may want to click on the link and read the last section as to what the investigation has come up with since it appears it was only the family shooting at each other and there were no illegals involved in it at all! Not saying this couldn't happen down there anywhere along the border, but what first came out from the family and hit the media doesn't appear to be what actually happened!

13-Jan-17
WTH...What a wild story.

13-Jan-17
I still stand by my first post........

"To hell with the wall, MINE the sumbuck"!

14-Jan-17
WTF!!??!!

14-Jan-17
Saw where everyone has lawyered up since evidence didn't support the story.

14-Jan-17
This has become a very strange story.

14-Jan-17
let me get this straight. Someone is knocking at your door so you fire a couple shots through it at them, and then a full on gunfight ensues? Were the guys shooting into the trailer not worried about hitting the hunters that were in there?

this entire thing stinks

14-Jan-17
If you dont shoot Muy Grande, bad things happen! If you don't tip good enough bad things happen!

Will we ever know the real story!

15-Jan-17
This makes my head spin..!

15-Jan-17
Let's see, what could've went wrong??

Is there a chance the real culprit was maybe Marijuana, peyote, tequila, Dos Equis .

And still....... I'm not sure that would explain things!

15-Jan-17
Sounds like it's all George Bushes fault.

15-Jan-17
Wow. Crazy!! Who would have believed that one!

15-Jan-17

18-Jan-17
http://www.nmoutfitters.com/Bob%20Daugherty%20Statement.pdf

18-Jan-17

Aubs8's Link

18-Jan-17
Interesting to say the least! I hope it all works out for them, but even if a hunter was accidentally shot by them, there is still going to be some issues... Maybe legal and maybe civil. Scary all the way around! Prayers for all of them!! God Bless,

Scar.

18-Jan-17
One Thing is certain here.....That ranch will never be the same....I'm sure it's tough enough to run an outfitter business near the border....But darn I'd never let my guard down ......

19-Feb-17

Aubs8's Link

19-Feb-17
Modern day OK Corral...

21-Feb-17
The saga continues, what a crazy@ss story.

21-Feb-17
Any chance you guys can get your money back???

21-Feb-17
Maybe Blake Patton can fill in the gaps.

21-Feb-17
I was wondering when this was going to be readdressed after seeing it on the news, but didn't want to be the one to stir the chit. There were some pretty aggressive reactions above before all the facts were out. Hypocrites much?

21-Feb-17
Sounds like some real stand up guys there. And a gofundme account. Wow.

21-Feb-17

SJJ's Link

21-Feb-17
Yeah. I'm totally didn't see this end result coming....wow

21-Feb-17
I don't know any more factual information about the incident now than I did when this all started so really cannot fill in the gaps. Hopefully the truth will come out (whatever it is) through the legal proceedings. The end is certainly not here yet and it is unfortunate that there are those that can't resist making their own judgements about the incident and the people involved without knowing anything about either. Let's at least give them their day in court! No matter what, it is an ugly deal for the family and I stand by my statement that the Daugherty's are good people and I think that anyone that has known or dealt with them can attest to that. For anyone interested in the condition of Walker, he is still in the hospital (in and out of ICU) fighting to recover from the gun shot wound. Blake

21-Feb-17
So what was the motive? we're these guys all tripping?

21-Feb-17
Sounds like we need to carry down there for protection against outfitters....

21-Feb-17
Whiskey and guns.... Ed F

21-Feb-17
So... where do we build the wall? Around TX?

22-Feb-17
Too much peyote.....

22-Feb-17
"So... where do we build the wall? Around TX?"

Sign me up!

22-Feb-17
Wilhille. so you are saying you wish to keep Daughtery in New Mexico since that is where he is from? Not sure where Bryant is from.

22-Feb-17
Crazy stuff. Who would have thought it!! I sure mis-judged it. The details will be interesting as they come out.

Likely booze or pot or both ?

22-Feb-17
Tx hunter, I was joking off the previous comment made that I put in quotes. I don't understand what you mean though. Sorry if I offended you.

22-Feb-17
I was also joking after seeing the initial knee jerk reaction about building a wall to keep the illegals out. Be pretty ironic if it turns out there wasn't even one there to begin with.

--Bill

22-Feb-17
No Worries :-)

Probably be an influx of Americans to any state that built one!

22-Feb-17
Texas could probably use a wall to keep California liberals out.

22-Feb-17
Hunters wanted to use Dog tags on the Bucks they shot..... Easy mistake

22-Feb-17
WOW!!!!!

• Sitka Gear